|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
Shockhorn was a unicorn-based Sporix Beast and the first Sporix Beast to awaken in modern times working under Void Knight. He served as one of the two secondary antagonists of the episode "Sporix Unleashed."
Over 65 million years ago, Shockhorn and the other Sporix Beasts invaded Rafkon, the home planet of Zayto. Though he and his fellow Knights of Rafkon fought hard, the Sporix ravaged Rafkon and removed all traces of life from the planet. The Sporix then turned their attention to Earth but Zayto and the remaining Knights had managed to escape Rafkon and tracked the Sporix Beasts to Earth where they engaged them in battle with the help of the dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. Despite the Knights initially having the upper-hand against the Sporix, most of them grew enough in power over time to grow giant and force the Knights of Rafkon and thier dinosaur allies to retreat. When all seemed lost however, the Morphin Masters arrived and bestowed the Morphin Grid's powers to Zayto and his followers, as the first Ancient Dino Fury Rangers which gave them the advantage they need to defeat the Sporix Beasts and seal them inside of their eggs.
When the other Sporix are accidentally released in the modern day during Void Knight's invasion of Dinohenge, Shockhorn hatches from his egg and agrees to work under the command of Void Knight who assigns him the mission of reclaiming the remaining Sporix Beasts.
Shockhorn accompanies Void Knight back to Dinohenge to find the missing scanner as muscle which he has dropped whilst escaping since he needs it to track down the other Sporix Eggs. However, they finds out that the Chamber below is sealed thanks to Solon activating the defense systems and thus going after the scanner is hopeless so they have to abandon that plan. Overhearing from Ollie that another Sporix Beast has awakened, the Void Knight orders Shockhorn to go to the city's dam and find them. Shortly after Zayto seemingly destroys Mucus outright with his Chromafury Saber, Shockhorn teleports down and fights against the Dino Fury Rangers and showcases his swordsmanship and speed. He initially has the upper hand against Zayto until he is slashed in the back by his Chromafury Saber and both Ollie and Amelia's blades lock onto his horn just to get thrown off. Even all three of them attacking at once is completely useless and the single hit that Zayto is able to land is avoided because Shockhorn zips away in time. He shoves all three back but Zayto is able to stun him with the Stink Dino Fury Key although he then calls in the Hengemen as backup. Mucus reforms and appears, liking how Shockhorn handled things but angers him when she calls him horsey. Shockhorn attacks Mucus only to stop when the latter swears loyalty to Void Knight and the two teleport back to him.
Shockhorn returns when he accompanied Void Knight and Mucus to force Dr. Akana to use the Knight's scanner alongside her drone to locate more Sporix. The Power Rangers swiftly arrive and both Void Knight and Shockhorn do battle with them, managing to gain the upper hand. However, thanks to the Rangers distracting them, Akana incapacitates Mucus with her rope and sends the drone right down onto Shockhorn, destroying it alongside the scanner. However, that is not the end of Shockhorn as he makes his way into the city and grows giant-sized due to being active for too long, claiming that no one will call be able to him little horsey anymore. Ollie and Amelia swiftly arrive whilst Zayto goes to Stonehenge, the latter weighing the monster down with the Gravi Ball from the Gravi Dino Key which succeeds in disabling his sword arm. Ollie then activates the Hyper Dino Keys but he is swatted away as Shockhorn gets free and empowers his sword with heat to destroy them. Zayto comes with the T-Rex Champion Zord and blasts him down before forming the T-Rex Champion Zord Battle Mode. Shockhorn is overwhelmed by the Zord's agility before being blasted by the T-Rex Barrage and Tail Lash right before he gets defeated by the T-Rex Champion Chomp which sends him flying through the air and exploding mid-flight. Shockhorn reverts back to his original Sporix form upon his defeat and is collected by Void Knight who places him in a Sporix machine.
Shockhorn was a Sporix Beast that had the mannerisms of a cowboy who was extremely loyal to his superiors. He was quite egotistical and boastful since he thought he was the best and hated being called "Horsey" to the point of attacking those who did.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Shockhorn was able to smack Ollie aside with a slap from his hand when he grew giant.
- Durability: Shockhorn was unfazed from being slashed in the back by Zayto's Chromafury Saber and an explosion caused by Dr Akana's drone landing on him sent him flying but he survived.
- Super Speed: Shockhorn can move from one place to another instantly in a large brown-green smear.
- Super Jump: Shockhorn can jump great distances.
- Hengemen Summoning: Shockhorn could summon Hengemen without the Hengemen Key.
- Teleportation: Shockhorn can teleport himself to any location at will in massive purple energy streak.
- Enlarging: Shockhorn can enlarge himself by tapping into the energy he gains in battle over time.
- Swordsmanship: Shockhorn was highly proficient on fighting with his rapier.
- Sensitive Nose: Shockhorn appeared to hate disgusting smell since he stated that the gas generated by the Stink Dino Key burnt his nose.
- Rapier: Shockhorn wielded a rapier in combat.
- Heat Stab: Shockhorn could generate heat and focus it through his rapier (making it glow red) to unleash a devastating stab. What this could do however is unclear since the T-Rex Champion Zord attacked him before he could strike.
Behind the Scenes
- Shockhorn was voiced by Jamie Linehan, who previously Brax in Power Rangers Ninja Steel as well as Steel and Vargoyle in Power Rangers Beast Morphers.
- Shockhorn was based around a unicorn.
- His name was a portmanteau of shocking and unicorn whilst also being a pun on "shock and horror."
- In Ryusoulger, Draknarok was the first Sporix Beast with Shockhorn being the second.
- This was changed to introduce the Dino Fury Megazord later into the season to properly introduce the T-Rex Champion Zord and the other Zords first for the sake of toys.