|This article is about a/an ranger in Battle Fever J.|
- "Battle Kenya!"
- ―Battle Kenya's roll call[src]
Shirou Akebono (曙四郎 Akebono Shirō) is Battle Kenya (バトルケニア Batoru Kenia) of Battle Fever J. He is a young boy of Japanese descent born and raised in Kenya.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personality
- 3 Stage Show appearances
- 4 Video game appearances
- 5 Battle Kenya
- 6 Ranger Key
- 7 Behind the scenes
- 8 Appearances
- 9 See Also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Shirou Akebono was born in Africa, living in its jungles.
Shirou is a wild child who can talk to animals (which could possibly be because his helmet has ears). He is armed with a whip. He performs a tribal dance during the team's roll call. He eats just about anything. The smell of his cooking is not appreciated by the other team members.
Please expand section.
to be added
The remaining 5 Timerangers, once the Londerz Family defeated, go in the past to meet the previous Super Sentai. As they arrive in 1979, they see the Battle Fever fighting their enemies, and Battle Kenya was in the battle.
Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai
Years later, Shirou fought alongside not only his own team, but every single Sentai ranger in existence, against the Empire of Zangnack when it attacked the Earth in the Great Legend War. After fighting against hundreds of Gormin and their Zgormin commanders. Kaijou noticed the fleet moving towards them, he gathered all the Rangers together and gave them the order to sacrifice their powers to wipe out the first invasion's armada. The Battle Kenya powers are later utilized by Don Dogoier via the Ranger Keys.
Shirou later worked as a Santa Claus outside a store where he encountered Luka and Gai of the Gokaigers (who were unaware of his identity thanks to the beard he had on) and refused to give Luka a present on the grounds that he only gave gifts to 'good kids', angering her. Later, after observing their battle against Bibabu and their efforts in making the local Christmas party special, Shirou agreed that the Gokaigers deserved a present and gifted them with Battle Fever's Greater Power, which the Gokaigers didn't learn of until they returned to the GokaiGalleon and therefore never knew of his presence.
Gokaiger vs. Gavan
In Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger vs. Space Sheriff Gavan: The Movie, Shirou appeared to the Gokaigers causing them to comment on his similar appearance to Space Sheriff Gavan. To make matters more confusing, Daigoro Oume (a former member of Denziman who also shared an identical appearance) arrived, however this inspired the Gokaigers to use the Battle Kenya and DenziBlue keys to get to the prison where Gavan was held by the Zangyack. Shirou appeared again at the end of the movie, where he was given his Ranger Key allowing him to transform into Battle Kenya one last time. He, Daigoro, and Retsu transform and roll call. After the transformation, Gai Ikari began hounding them for autographs.
Farewell Space Pirates
After the Gokaigers defeated the second Zangyack invasion, Marvelous returned the Ranger keys to the Super Sentai, it is assumed Shirou and his team have their powers back.
Super Hero Taisen
Shirou, alongside his team, among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes of the past and present, were caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident which eventually resulted in the Super Sentai teams and Kamen Riders joining forces to defeat both Dai-Zangyack and Dai-Shocker. During the final battle, he is seen pushing back Zangyack Commander Uorlian, and grabbing one of the Gormin Sailors.
Zyuohger vs. Ninninger
Battle Kenya appeared with his team among the first 38 Super Sentai whom collectively empowered Wild Tousai Shuriken King in its fight against the titanic Gillmarda, granting the Ninningers and Zyuohgers the power to perform the Zyuoh Ninnin Super Sentai Burst which destroyed Gillmarda with the combined power of all 40 Super Sentai.
Super Sentai Strongest Battle
Shirou joined the Super Sentai Strongest Battle as a member of Animal Lover Team. It’s unknown whether he participated in any of the matches, but his team lost the competition either in the first round against the Sports Team offscreen or won against them and lost in the second round against Leader Team offscreen.
Shiro's personality is cheerful and loyal to friends and is very kind and respectful to anyone he meets but his cooking puts his teammates at edge. But overall he is a kind and caring individual
Stage Show appearances
In a stage show where the Battle Fever J are seen fighting Secret Society Egos, Kamen Rider Stronger, Kamen Rider V3, Japanese Spider-Man, Ultraman Jonias and Doreamon arrive to assist the Battle Fever J.
Video game appearances
- Possesses a special ability where he can converse with animals. Uses a Tropical Dance that freely uses quick-witted movements. HIs persona weapon is a whip.
Super Sentai Battle Base
Battle Kenya is among the vast pantheon of Rangers which are available in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
Super Sentai Legend Wars
Battle Kenya appears with his team among all Sentai in the mobile game Super Sentai Legend Wars.
- Battle Shark (shared with Japan, France, Cossack, and America)
- Battle Fever Robo (shared with Japan, France, Cossack, and America)
Transformation and Roll Call
Battle Kenya wears a pure-black suit including gloves and boots. He wears a yellow belt with a metal buckle and the letter "K" on it, which stands for "Kenya". A shield on his chest with a yellow field with a Maasai shield and spears in the center; the positioning of the spears, with two heads and two ends crossed together, represents the number "4". His mask is black with a yellow triangle headed downwards towards his eyes which are similar in form to the masks of Gorenger and J.A.K.Q; likewise there are two molded "ears" with green inside on both sides of the helmet. Beneath the mask is a rounded triangle in gray with a sculpted nose and mouth.
The Battle Kenya Ranger Key (バトルケニアレンジャーキー Batoru Kenia Renjā Kī) is Shirou Akebono's personal Ranger Key and what became of his powers after he along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
This key along with the majority of the Ranger Keys were collected by the Red Pirates and later used by the Gokaigers. The Battle Kenya Ranger Key was mainly used by Don Dogoier (Gokai Green), who used it to fight as Battle Kenya.
- When the Gokaigers became Battle Fever to use the Penta Force cannon to defeat the Combined Combatant.
- When the Gokaigers became Battle Fever to fight against the Ugatz in Gunman World. They finally finished off a group of Ugatz with the Penta Force boomerang.
- When the Gokaigers became Battle Fever in their fight against Action Commander Bibaboo.
- While fighting against Sneak Brother Sister in the Makuu City.
- As part of a bombardment of changes in the final battle with Emperor Ackdos Gill.
The Battle Fever keys, along with all the Ranger Keys of the first 33 Super Sentai, were briefly taken by the Black Cross King and turned into Ranger puppets that were fought by the Gokaigers and the Goseigers. The Battle Fever keys were defeated by Gokai Pink.
When Shirou and Daigoro Oume (DenziBlue) were informed by the Gokaigers that Space Sheriff Gavan had been captured and taken to Makuu Space, they suggested that they use their Ranger Keys to open the gateway to Makuu Space. Don used the Battle Kenya key, while Joe (Gokai Blue) used the DenziBlue key alongside him to open the gateway. After Gavan was rescued, a mysterious voice requested that the three of them (who happened to look alike) transform. Shirou and Daigoro were temporarily given their keys back to transform alongside Gavan.
After Zangyack were finally defeated, the Gokaigers gave the Ranger Keys back to their rightful owners. Shirou received his key and became Battle Kenya once more.
Behind the scenes
- Kenji Ohba, who played Shirou (Battle Kenya), would later play Daigoro Oume (DenziBlue) in the next season as well as the title character of Uchuu Keiji Gavan. All three characters would be united in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger vs. Space Sheriff Gavan: The Movie.
- Battle Kenya's official color designation alternates between official sources.
- Some early promotional material classifies him amongst other Black Rangers, including some game material such as Dice-O and Super Sentai Legend Wars. The modern Kodansha books also list him as black.
- Some earlier sources classify him Green, giving the title of the first Black to his successor. Further more, promotional material for Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle refers to GoggleBlack as the first sentai Black. This is further supported by the Battle Kenya Ranger key of Gokaiger, which has a green charge as opposed to a black charge when used in the Gokai Galleon Buster. The classic Kodansha books also refer to him as green.
Shirou • Kanpei • Ryuu • Shou • Kenta • Tetsuya • Daichi • Fumiya • Gai • Goushi • Jiraiya • Riki
Kouichirou • Sotaro • Asuka • Masumi • Gunpei • Agri • Ian • Misao • Champ • Bamba
|View • Edit|