|This article is about a/an ally in Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel.|
- "Hold it right there Blammo. You're correct space citizen. Now Blammo, you are wanted for 73 counts of use of unlawful explosives. You're under arrest pal."
- ―Sheriff Skyfire’s first lines when he confronted Blammo on the Galaxy Warriors stage and after Cosmo Royale recognized him as well as reading Blammo his charges.[src]
Sheriff Skyfire is a "legendary" force of justice throughout the universe. He is a space police that appears in Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel.
Sheriff Skyfire is known for his work with the "Space Police", in hunting down space criminals and protecting the universe. He first shows up on the Warrior Dome to arrest the contestant Blammo during the show's live feed. Despite the loud complaints from both Cosmo Royale and the audience, Skyfire walked out with the criminal. Madame Odius however, used this as an opportunity and played to the Sheriff's sense of justice, claiming the Rangers stole the Ninja Nexus Prism from her. Leaving Blammo on the Warrior Dome, Skyfire directly challenged all six rangers and held his own against the team. During the battle, an old woman got caught in the crossfire, causing both Brody and Skyfire to save her, this leads to Skyfire realizing that the Rangers are not villains and that Odius lied to him.
With the confusion cleared up, Skyfire joined the Rangers in defeating Blammo before leaving for another galaxy to fight other criminals. It is currently unknown whether Skyfire will return in the future.
Powers and Abilities
- Space Jump: Sheriff Skyfire can jump through space to catch his enemies.
- Siren: When he first arrived on the Galaxy Warrior stage, he was proceeded by an alarm although, since he doesn't have a vehicle, it is unclear how he made this sound.
- Sword: Sheriff Skyfire has a sword to use in battle. He is also a very skilled fighter.
- Justice Strike: His signature move and strongest attack. Skyfire would sheathe his sword and offer his enemy the chance to surrender. If they refused, he would remove his sword which had energized with blue energy. He would balance it behind his shoulder and call the attack's name. He would then energy slash downwards and then across which would take down and presumably destroy his opponent.
- Blaster/Gun: Skyfire also has a blaster on his right hip.
Behind the Scenes
- He's voiced by Mark Mitchinson.
- Given that Sheriff Skyfire has human-looking hands underneath his fingerless gloves, it would stand to reason that he has a civillian identity. However any other identity he has is neither seen or referenced during his sole appearance.
- Skyfire is also the original (later Japanese) name of the Autobot Jetfire from Transformers (conceptualized by Hasbro, which, coincidentally, was in the process of acquiring Power Rangers from Saban at the time.)
- Skyfire stated he only watches cooking shows and so has never heard of Galaxy Warriors.
- Skyfire's suit differs from Jiraiya's suit in that the plating between his eyes is colored gold to match the gold trim surrounding it rather than black like the original suit.
- Also, the Justice Strike was called the Front Bisection in Metal Heroes and was his most proliffically used finisher.
- Although various Saban shows such as VR Troopers and Big Bad Beetleborgs have been adapted from Metal Heroes series, Skyfire is the first time an actual Metal Hero character has been adapted into a Power Rangers episode even if using footage associated with a Ninninger episode.
- This is not including the usage of Metal Hero suits in Power Rangers such as Forever Red.
- This was similar to Big Bad Beetleborgs episode "Convention Dimension" (which was adapted from Juukou B-Fighter episode 52), where the episode featured Janperson, Gun Gibson, and Bill Goldy as Karato, Silver Ray, and Goldex (along with Mademoiselle Q as Wingar) respectively as a one-time cameo appearance despite Tokusou Robo Janperson and Blue SWAT not being adapted in the United States.
- His title is a reference to the Space Sheriffs, who were the first line of heroes in the Metal Hero Series.
- Ironically, Skyfire's appearance in Super Ninja Steel marks the first on-screen crossover between Power Rangers and Metal Hero-derived characters since Power Rangers did not crossover with either VR Troopers or Big Bad Beetleborgs as they did with Saban's Masked Rider barring the comic story Power Rangers Turbo vs. Beetleborgs Metallix.
- The Machine Empire generals who fought 10 Red Rangers in Forever Red were represented by costumes from Beetleborgs, however, they would not count as true adaptations.
- This can be considered the first on-screen crossover to involve a non-Power Rangers character since Power Rangers in Space's "Shell Shocked".
- Toha Yamaji - as Sekai Ninja Jiraiya