|This article is about a/an Outlaw monster in Power Rangers Dino Charge and Power Rangers Dino Super Charge.|
- ""With one little snip, these friends will vast become foes.""
- ―Shearfear when he's about snip the Rangers' bonds.[src]
- ""Hey! Cut me some slack.""
- ―Shearfear's final words before his initial defeat.[src]
- ""Surprise! I can still cut you down to size.""
- ―Shearfear after being affected by the Magna Beam.[src]
- ""No! I'm not cut out for this!""
- ―Shearfear's final words before his death.[src]
Shearfear is seen in a prison cell.
He was also seen in a cell watching Scrapper trying to escape.
While being taunted by Poisandra and Curio, Shearfear fights back by cutting their friendship bonds with his giant scissors, landing him in hot water with Sledge, who demands he repair the bonds of the two, and do the same to the Rangers in an attempt to obtain their Energems. He is nearly successful with this, as he cuts the friendship bonds of Tyler, Shelby, Chase, and Ivan, who plan to leave Amber Beach, as their Energems begin to darken and slowly unbound. However, Riley and Koda trick him by switching outfits and breaking off a piece of his giant scissors, which they use to make an antidote Dino Charger, which they use on the other Rangers before they board a departing bus. Shearfear then appears to extract revenge on the Rangers, and they engage in battle. The battle meets it's conclusion when Riley and Ivan defeat him with a combination of the Lightning Final Strike and the Dino Slash (empowered by one of Ivan's Chargers). After Shearfear is enlarged by Sledge's Magna Beam, following the senddown of two Vivizords, the Rangers form the Dino Charge Megazord's Tri-Stego Formation and the Ptera Charge Megazord Para-Raptor Formation. Sledge sent down some Vivizords to get revenge and quickly grew Shearfear and they fought the Dino Charge Megazord whilst he took on the Ptera Charge Megazord. The Dino Charge Megazord easily overwhelmed the Vivizords and finished them with the T-Rex Zord Final Strike whilst Shearfear was overpowered and destroyed by a variation of the Para Zord Fireball Finish.
Shearfear was seen in one of Sledge's cells at the time when Kendall Morgan infiltrates Sledge's ship and was destroyed offscreen when Sledge's ship was crashed on Earth.
Shearfear was among the monsters revived by Wrench as part of Doomwing's plot to divert the Rangers while going after Zenowing again. Due to the revival being sped up, Shearfear was rendered unable to speak. He and the other monsters were destroyed by the Power Rangers with Tyler finishing them all off with the Dino Charge Morph Blaster Final Strike.
Shearfear is a happy-go-lucky outlaw that likes to play tricks with his enemies.
Powers and Abilities
- Durability-Shearfear shrugged off a direct hit from the Ptera Zord's Ptera Lightning Blitz.
- Vivix Summoning: Shearfear can summon an army of Vivix to aid him in battle.
- Blade Uppercut: Shearfear can summon many blades from the ground to attack his enemies.
- Monocle: Shearfear has a monocle with two lens: one red and one blue. It is located on the right side of his head and enables him to see people's friendship bonds.
- Head Blade: Shearfear has a yellow blade on his head that he can use to head butt his enemies with.
- Arm Blades: Shearfear has many blades on his Swiss army knife-like arms for combat.
- Blade Ambush: Shearfear can launch numerous blades from his arms to attack his enemies from a long distance.
- Giant Scissors: Shearfear primary weapon is a giant gold colored scissor that can cut almost anything, even bonds of friendship, notably those of the Dino Charge Rangers. However his scissors can't cut very strong friendships and instead break like how he tried to break Koda's bonds.
Behind the Scenes
- Shearfear is portrayed by Sean Lynch.
- Like his Super Sentai counterpart, his powers is using his scissors to snip out a bond, though the difference is that his Super Sentai counterpart's snip on a bond caused them to become obsessive towards their partners to the points of afraid to losing them.
- His role is very similar to Snipster, a monster from Power Rangers Ninja Storm.
- While Shearfear technically doesn't have any projectile/firepower-type attacks (like lasers or fireballs), the Blade Ambush Attack does fire out like a projectile, and can reach an enemy from a far, so in theory, he does have a projectile attack.