|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Super Samurai.|
|"Allow me to introduce myself, Master Xandred. I am Serrator and I shall be your servant. I had spent a very long time at the bottom of the Sanzu River. Being worthless and weak is unnatural for a Nighlok, but thanks to a recent power surge, Master, I finally regained this kind of power!"|
|―Serrator introduces himself to Master Xandred.[src]|
|"So, you're the current Samurai Power Rangers? How illuminating! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Serrator and I recently became the newest passenger aboard Master Xandred's ship. The last time I walked in this pitiful realm was so long ago. I've returned to shake the very foundation of your world. But for now, shall we test how tough you really are? Test time."|
|―Serrator introduces himself to the Samurai Rangers.[src]|
|"Really? Ha ha ha ha ha! You... You will all pay the ultimate price!"|
|―Serrator reacting to the Super Bullzooka and the Five Disc Octo Cannon as well as his final words before his initial defeat.[src]|
|"I'm not beaten yet!"|
|―Serrator when turning into a Mega-Monster.[src]|
|"Argh! No! I was supposed to split open your world! Gaaahh! You weren't supposed to do it to me!"|
|―Serrator's final words before his death.[src]|
According to legend, Serrator was known as the legendary Nighlok King who ruled over his kind with an iron fist and whose goal was to split the Earth in half in order to merge both Earth and the Netherworld into one whole world where he'd rule as the supreme ruler. If the legend were to be believed, that would make him be the Nighlok leader prior to Xandred, however, what's definite is that he led a faction independent to that of the master.
200-300 years ago, Serrator created a blade fueled with anger, known as Uramasa. The night of Dayu and Deker's wedding, their house caught on fire, in which Dayu called for help to save her husband Deker who got badly affected by the fire. Serrator appeared as a shadow and offered to save Deker's life, but for a price. He simply offered Dayu to simply trade her humanity for an eternity in the Netherworld. Dayu accepted and Serrator cursed them both to live on as half-human/half-Nighlok. Deker lived, but with no memories, while Dayu still retained her memories just to cause her more misery.
Before making himself known to Master Xandred, Serrator sends Switchbeast to assist him in their shared goal to flood the Earth with the message that he serves a different master.
Soon, Serrator makes himself known to Xandred, not as a king, but as a Nighlok who's been trapped for centuries, and had been only recently freed and powered up by surges in the Sanzu River. He offers his services to Xandred, who he calls 'master' and vows unflinching loyalty to him. In addition, he brings with him new Moogers eagerly awaiting his orders. He makes himself known to the Rangers where none of their attacks were able to harm him. Serrator even cuts a piece of paper into shape and transforms it into Papyrox. When Antonio Garcia arrives and manages to harm Serrator, he leaves stating that the Rangers "passed the test" for now.
Octoroo presents Eyescar to Master Xandred as part of a plan to kidnap Antonio and Mentor Ji to lure the Samurai Rangers into a trap. However, Serrator dismisses him immediately due to his low inteligence and is later proven correct when Eyescar is destroyed.
Continuing his evil plans, Serrator once again recruits both Dayu and Deker whilst also offering to fix their broken items. As a temporary replacement for Uramasa, Serrator gives Deker a Mooger's sword. As a temporary replacement for Dayu's harmonium, he gave Dayu a dagger which contains special powers. Serrator throws a dark spell on the island of Monolua to make them all fight each other and also to make the Sanzu River rise. When the Samurai Rangers arrive at the island, Serrator has Deker, Dayu and himself split into threes just so they can defeat the Rangers. When he finds out the Rangers have survived the attack, he sends Malden and his Master Blasters only for them to be defeated by the Rangers and the new Bullzooka. The Rangers put out the fire with the Bullzooka so, as a last-ditch effort, he sends a Papyrox along with two Spitfangs only for them to be defeated and Serrator's plan thwarted.
Later, Dayu begins to tire of waiting for her Harmonium to be fixed, while Xandred's headaches were becoming worse without Dayu's music. Serrator went to fetch the Harmonium, however, Octoroo tags along to ensure he would be true to his word. While on Earth, Serrator claims that he had his own agenda, one which didn't involve Xandred or Dayu, however, her Harmonium is essential in his traitorous motives. Octoroo briefly fought Serrator, before leaving to inform Xandred of Serrator's treachery. Serrator is then attacked by Dayu who wants her harmonium back and the Rangers in an attempt to destroy him. Suddenly, Master Xandred arrives on Earth despite the fact that he will quiclly dry and weaken. Seeing that he is outnumbered, Serrator flees but, due to severely drying out, Master Xandred is forced to completely immerse himself in the Sanzu River, for an indefinite amount to time. While Xandred was hydrating, at the bottom of the Sanzu River, Serrator easily takes command of Xandred's ship and becomes the undisputed leader of both his faction and Xandred's faction of the Nighloks. With Octoroo too weak to defy him, Serrator is free to fufil his goals.
Eventually, the Rangers discover that all of Serrator's attacks form a line. During the next battle, Serrator explains the meaning of the line to the Rangers which is to have Deker cut the Earth in two just so Serrator can rule both Earth and the Netherworld, which he intends him to do once he returned Uramasa to him as payment. When all the wedges are set, Serrator locates the weakest point between Earth and the Netherworld.
When Deker arrives at the spot, Serrator returns Uramasa to hi just so that he can strike the final point before it explodes. However, Deker instead slashes Serrator, revealing that all he had wants is Uramasa repaired and doesn't share the hatred of humanity that most other Nighloks share before leaving. Serrator is enraged and attempts to take out his wrath on the Samurai Rangers but he is destroyed by a Five-Disk Octo Cannon and Super Bullzooka combination attack. Transforming into his Mega Monster form, Serrator, with the help of 2 Papyrox, takes on the Samurai Megazord, Claw Battlezord, Bull Megazord, and Lightzord. Serrator takes on Jayden in his personal Megazord and easily overwhelms him. Eventually, however, the Samurai Megazord and Claw Battlezord defeat the 2 Papyroxes with the Samurai Strike and the Claw Pincher Slash at which point Serrator goes off on the Lightzord, stabbing it multiple times and wiping out the Bull Megazord. However, before he can finish it off, the Octo Spear Megazord and Claw Battlezord South blocks his downward swing and shoves him back. The Rangers then form the Samurai Gigazord but finds that even the Shogun Strike isn't enough to defeat the Nighlok King since he catches the finishing attack and throws it right back. To this end, they summon the Shark Zord for assistance and, combining into the Samurai Shark Gigazord, the Rangers are finally able to destroy Serrator once and for all with the Ultimate Samurai Slash which cuts him right down the middle. Before exploding, Serrator complained that he was supposed to split the world open, not get split in half himself.
Serrator was a monstrously sadistic Nighlok, who warped things to his way in the end whenever he was making deals, alliances, and formulating plans. He always pretended to appear as a kind, chivalrous, loyal, respectful, calm, polite, patient, sophisticated, and formal Nighlok towards Nighlok and human alike though he was not above losing his temper if his plans go awry. He stood in stark contrast with Master Xandred; always acting in polite sophistication and calm, teacher-like eloquence even when doing his horrid acts, compared to Xandred's blunt, vicious temper. However, under all that sophistication and deception, his only allegiance was to himself and he stopped at nothing to rule both Earth and the Netherworld as its supreme and absolute ruler. No matter how risky a plan was, he'd enact it even if it means his own life and indicating he placed more importance on Nighlok supremacism than his own life. This showed a very fanatical side of him. His arrogance were subject to flaws in his plan, such as giving too much away towards the climax to his foes. Another example was that he lost Xandred's trust when making deals with Dayu and Deker to repair their respective weapons which may have been due to the fact he needed to quickly adjust plans to best suit the given situation. His sadism was also very apparent, to go along with his arrogance as he was known to make twisted deals with his victims with the promise of what they want only to take it away once they agree to his terms, oftentimes making them a monstrous shell of their former selves. He enjoys causing death and despair, perhaps even more so than his fellow Nighloks and even Xandred himself.
Powers and Abilities
- Power: Serrator was an extremely powerful Nighlok who possessed a variety of abilities. Although Master Xandred is the one Nighlok who surpassesed him, Serrator was more proficient in battle. This was due to his skills and abilities greatly compensating for his strength deficit against Master Xandred and the fact Xandred relies heavily on brute strength to win.
- Strength: Serrator easily took down all five Rangers and the Bull Megazord and even blocked the Ultimate Samurai Slash (the one the Gigazord performs, not the one that kills him). His most impressive display of power was when he caught the Samurai Gigazord's finishing attack and turned it into a ball of energy that he then threw back.
- Durability: Multiple strikes from the Rangers, Lightzord in its miniature form, and even the Super Bullzooka did nothing to faze Serrator. Mia in Super Samurai Mode once performed the Super Spin Sword Slash on him but he was merely weakened whereas it had previously destroyed Armadeevil. The only ways to defeat him were by weakening him with an energized slash from Deker's sword Uramasa and then unleash both of the team cannons on him simultaneously before finishing him off with the Samurai Shark Gigazord.
- Regenerative Powers: Serrator could easily heal himself of any wounds, as well as heal others as he did with Dayu and Deker.
- Levitation/Flight: Focusing his energies on his legs, Serrator could defy gravity through gliding himself into the air. Highly experienced with the skill, he could even enter Earth through the sky in which he'd be in mid-air descending to the ground.
- Lightning Beams: Serrator could project blue-hued/purple-hued/white-hued lightning beams from his hands or fingertips.
- Energy Balls: Serrator could fire massive blue energy balls from his hands.
- Body Modification: Serrator was able to change any part of his body as seen when he turned his hands into sharp claws.
- Papyrox Creation: With a piece of paper, Serrator could cut it up and create a giant paper monster known as a Papyrox.
- Object Creation: Serrator could gather the right items and place a spell on them to create something of his desire.
- Monster Summoning: Serrator was able to summon a monster that he wants for his goal to enact a piece of his plan.
- Typhoportation: Serrator could disappear, then reappear to another location in large puffs of gray-purple smoke.
- Fast Teleportation: Serrator was able to teleport around fast enough to dodge the LightZord's Scattershot and the Bull Megazord's surprise attack.
- Remote Teleportation: When teleporting away, Serrator could also teleport others next to him at will.
- Realm Hopping: As a means to go to the Netherworld or Earth, Serrator located a gap that would pull him inside, taking him to the Netherworld or Earth.
- Energy Lasers: Serrator could focus his energies to fire purple energy lasers from his hands.
- Energy Redirection: Serrator was able to redirect energy-based attacks by swiping his hands.
- Energy Corruption: Serrator could also catch an energy blast from an opponent, infuse it with more power, and fire it back.
- Curse Inducement: Serrator could enact a spell that cursed humans, turning them into Nighlok or to simply use a spell that brought out the worse in humanity, thereby making them fight one another.
- Shadow Clone: Serrator could send a shadow clone of himself to that area.
- Telekinesis: Serrator was able to raise Deker's sword from underneath the ground without having to dig it and pick it up.
- Longevity: Serrator lived for hundreds of years.
- Reviving: Just like all other Nighloks, Serrator could revive himself after his death.
- Enlarging: Just like all other Nighloks, Serrator was also able to make himself grow after his death, turning into a Mega Monster.
- Nighlok Deception: Serrator used his great intellect to his advantage when it came to making deals and alliances as a means to make things go to his favor.
- Mixed Black/Martial Arts: Serrator was a master of both Nighlok magic and martial arts.
- Super Agility: Serrator was an extremely agile villain, being able to dodge discs from the Lightzord and even fireballs from Master Xandred himself.
- Power Jump: Serrator could focus his power into his legs to performs a powerful leap, which leaves a trail of purple beams.
to be added
- Shaku: Serrator carried a shaku-style baton to aid him in combat.
- Curse Inducement: Serrator could also cast curses with his shaku.
- Energy Redirection: Serrator coule redirect energy attacks with his shaku.
- Energy Channeling: Serrator could channel all forms of energy into his shaku for many attacks:
- Lightning Blasts: As mentioned, Serrator could channel blue lightning into his shaku to fire immense lightning blasts of the same color capable of downing all six Rangers.
- Laser Blasts: As mentioned, Serrator could channel energy into his shaku to fire strong purple laser blasts.
- Gravitational Pull: Serrator could channel his energies into his shaku to create a field of purple gravitational energy that traps his target in place.
- Balls: Serrator was able to use ball-like objects that he can kick at his enemies to perform penalty kicks.
- Claws: Serrator could transform his hands into razor sharp claws, which can pierce any material and block the Bull Megazord's Shoulder Blaster barrage. If they come in contact with an opponent, they can inflict severe damage.
- Claw Extension: In addition to that, Serratpr could extend his claws at great lengths to entangle foes.
- Finger Extension: Serrator could extend his clawed fingers to rapidly impale his enemies.
- Lightning Empowerment: Serrator could also charge up his claws with blue lightning to perform a devastating double energy slash.
Behind the Scenes
- Serrator was voiced by Derek Judge in his most notable Power Rangers role.
- Serrator's voice in "Broken Dreams" and Clash of the Red Rangers - The Movie differed slightly compared to the voice used throughout Super Samurai.
to be added
- His name was a pun on serrated but, when he debuted as a shadow, he was created as just Evil Shadow.
- Due to an airing error, Serrator first appeared physically in "Clash of the Red Rangers - The Movie" which was aired as part of Samurai but chronologically set after "The Rescue."
- After the Samauri Rangers defeated Serrator, Deker and Dayu should've turn back to normal humans again.
- Villians who turned a human evil, always ended up get defeated by the Power Rangers. And then the Humans usually go back to their normal lives again.
to be added