|This article is about a/an monster in Tensou Sentai Goseiger.|
|"There you are, Goseiger!"|
|―Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre's first words when the Goseigers confronted his giant form.[src]|
|"Arise, fallen Yuumajuu army! Come forth!"|
|―Semattarei summoning his illusion monsters.[src]|
|"Hey now hey now hey hey hey!"|
|―Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre's final words before his death[src]|
Semattarei is summoned by Buredoran of the Chupacabra in order to lure the Goseigers to help free the Abare Headder so that he could use its power. Initially casting an illusion as a giant, he ends up forcing the Goseiger to summon Gosei Great to fight him and several "defeated" Yuumajuu spectres, only for them to discover via Gosei Knight that they have been tricked and to take the battle to the ground to assist. Luring the Goseiger to the Abare Headder, they remove the seal only for Buredoran to take the Headder and sword attachment and then later rewarding Semattarei with the power to make his dead Yuumajuu illusions become real revived warriors. The Goseiger have a hard time dealing with the power until Alata finally tames the Abare Headder which is revealed to be the Miracle Dragon Headder and the Goseigers gain the usage of it and the other Miracle Headders to become the Super Goseiger. With their new power, the team makes short work of Semattarei and his revived army with the Sky-Land-Sea Miracle Dynamic.
The Sky-Land-Sea Miracle Dynamic completely obliterates Semattarei’s body, meaning that Brajira cannot use the Bibi Bugs to enlarge him.
Super Sentai Battle Base
Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre is among the vast pantheon of villains which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
to be added
Powers and Abilities
- Energy Breath: Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre could launch a stream of orange energy from his mouth.
- Teleportation: Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre could teleport to any location at will.
- Enhanced Jumping: Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre could leap incredible distances.
- Yuumajuu Illusions: Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre possessed the ability to cast illusions of Yuumajuu by spraying the air with white mist from his mouth to confuse and distract his foes. Due to these monsters being illusions, they could be harmed and they don't do anything other then standing in one place and occasionally moving around.
- Phantom Summoning: When Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre got powered up by the Abare Headder, the monster illusions became real, which gives them an increase in strength and enabled them to actually attack.
- Agility: Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre was able to throw himself backwards from Gosei Great's Dragon Sword and a punch from the Shark Headder with ease.
- Claw Blades: Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre had razor sharp claws that could extend into blades for combat.
- Claw Whips: Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre could turn his claws into whips to strike his enemies with from great distances.
- Eight-Leg Strike: Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre's signature attack where he could extend his claw blades at far distances to create giant spider legs that can attack the target.
Behind the Scenes
- Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre was voiced by Juji Matsuda, best known as Gibara from the Fist of the North Star franchise.
- Semattarei is based on a harvestman and the Brocken Spectre phenomenon, which is a magnified shadow in mists when the sun hits it. This was a reference to how he would summon his Yuumajuu allies (with them emerging from mist that he exhaled).
- His name was derived from Pet Sematary (ペット・セマタリー Petto Sematarī).
- The kanji in Semattarei's name is the one for "Spirit" (霊 Rei), referring to his ability to summon illusions (later corporeal figures) of defeated Yuumajuu.
to be added
to be added