|This article is about a/an monster in Tensou Sentai Goseiger.|
Semattarei was summoned by Buredoran in order to lure the Goseiger to help free the Abare Headder so that he could use its power. Initially casting an illusion to make itself appear giant, he ends up forcing the Goseiger to summon Gosei Great to fight it and several "defeated" Yuumajuu spectres, only to discover via Gosei Knight that they were tricked and to take the battle to the ground to assist. Luring the Goseiger to the Abare Headder, they remove the seal for Buredoran to take the Headder and sword attachment, then later rewarding Semattarei with the power to make his dead Yuumajuu illusions become real, revived warriors. The Goseiger have a hard time dealing with the power until Alata finally tames the Abare Headder, revealed to be the "Miracle Dragon Headder", and gain the usage of it and the other Miracle Headders to become the Super Goseiger. With their new power, the team makes short work of Semattarei and his revived army with the Sky-Land-Sea Miracle Dynamic.
For whatever reason, Birajira opted not to make him grow although the probable reason is that he's basically useless or because he was too tired after the Super Goseigers gave him a thrashing.
to be added
Modus and Arsenal
- Its main ability is the creation of illusions, including making itself look big as if it was grown or to use its dreamcatcher-like back to create spiritual renditions of dead Yuumajuu to assist it in combat; they are initially illusions but become real after Buredoran uses the power of the "Abare Headder" (the Miracle Dragon Headder's sealed form) to make it more powerful. It also uses its long legs to attack from a distance.
Video Game appearances
Super Sentai Battle Base
Semattarei of the Brocken Spectre is among the vast pantheon of villains which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
Behind the Scenes
- Movie Reference: His name is derived from Pet Sematary (ペット・セマタリー Petto Sematarī).
- The film involves the revival of spirits buried in an ancient Indian burial ground, such as Semattarei's ability to revive previously dead Yuumajuu.
- The kanji in Semattarei's name is the one for "Spirit" (霊 Rei), referring to his ability to summon illusions (later corporeal figures) of defeated Yuumajuu. He is modeled after a harvestman spider.
- Semettarei is also based off of the Brocken Spectre phenomenon, which is a magnified shadow in mists when the sun hits it.
- Semattarei's ability to create illusions of defeated Yuumajuu is similar to Duke Org DoroDoro, who created illusions of previously defeated Orgs.
- He is the only member of the Yuumajuu who isn't grown giant. His appearance as a giant was merely an illusion and his death in small scale is permanent.