|This article is about a/an ranger in Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger.|
- "Monarch of the Wild Seas! ZyuohShark!"
- ―ZyuohShark's roll call[src]
Back in Zyuland, Sela trained as a martial artist alongside Leo. At one point, the two of them faced-off in a tournament which ended with Sela defeating Leo as a result of him purposely not giving his all against her, thus throwing the fight, due to his belief that the duty of a man is to protect girls and not fight them. Sela would resent Leo for doing this as it rendered her win an empty victory.
Along with Leo, Tusk, and Amu, Sela was assigned as a guardian to the Link Cube, which had been left dormant following the taking of one of the six King's Credentials. As such, Sela was entrusted with one of the King's Credentials.
Ultimately, the whereabouts of the lost King's Credential was realized when a young man named Yamato Kazakiri accidentally entered Zyuland. Introducing him to their world, the guardians discovered the King's Credential on his person and initally believed him to be a thief only to be interrupted by a disturbance in the Link Cube. Forced to pursue Yamato when he escaped through Link Cube, the four Zyumen found human world under attack by the Deathgalien, whose team leader Jagged subsequently crippled the Link Cube leaving the Zyumen stranded in the human world. Opposing the Deathgalien, the Zyumen were granted the power to transform into the Zyuohgers when their King's Credentials became the Zyuoh Changers, with Sela becoming Zyuoh Shark. Dispatching the Moeba grunts, the Zyuohgers were outmatched by Jagged until Yamato was able to transform his King's Credential as well, allowing him to become Zyuoh Eagle much to the surprise of the Zyumen, who believed that humans couldn't use their power. After defeating Jagged, Sela as well as the others bar Tusk happily accepted Yamato's offer of a place to live under his protection while in the human world.
Finding Larry's home abandoned, the Zyuohgers discovered the Player who they met earlier, Gaburio, attempting to eat the city, as well as learning that Azarudo reconstructed himself after his defeat by Zyuoh Gorilla. After Gaburio escaped, the Zyuohgers found Larry had been rapidly aged as a result of giving Yamato his Zyuman Power. Yamato leaving in despair, the Zyumans explained and discussed his encounter with the Bird Man with Larry before being alerted to Gaburio again. Choosing not to alert Yamato right away so as to allow Larry to talk to him, Larry having learned that he could make friends with humans again after meeting Yamato and saving a little girl, Sela and the others were almost eaten by Gaburio before Yamato saved his fellow Zyuohgers and led them in defeating the monster as Zyuoh Gorilla before accessing Cube Gorilla and forming ZyuohWild for the first time to defeat the enlarged monster. Following this, the Zyuohgers said goodbye to Larry, who decided to leave and see the human world firsthand, promising that he would make sure to keep an eye out for the missing King's Credential along the way.
With Tusk setting off to confront Amu for skipping her chores, Sela along with Yamato and Leo tracked a malicious presence to a beachfront. Expecting a Deathgalien, what they found was, to their surprise, something completely different as the cyborg monster Shiomaneking emerged. Introducing himself as a member of Shocker, Shiomaneking attacked the Zyuohger trio, believing that, as they had the ability to track him, they would make excellent bases to create new cyborgs from. Transforming to face the monster, the Zyuohgers were interrupted by the arrival of Kamen Rider Ghost, Takeru Tenkuji, who was pursuing the monster as well. Making a new ally, the Zyuohgers used their combined strength to defeat Shiomaneking alongside the Kamen Rider and, after Naria grew Shiomaneking, formed ZyuohWild 6*2*3 to quickly destroy him. Catching up with Tusk and Amu, the trio saw Amu resist her turning by Cubaru to the Tiger Moeba, allowing Tusk to return her back to normal.
Continuing their search for the missing King's Credential, Sela and the others were interrupted by the arrival of Team Azarudo's Yabiker, who was driving people into frenzies with his Mufflerapper horn. Leo was the first to find him, warning the others to cover their ears, only for Sela to fall victim to Yabiker's Pararira Noise due to her sensitive shark hearing. With Yabiker fleeing after Leo discovered an immunity to his power, the Zyuohgers prepared noise-cancelling head-phones to protect against Yabiker. However, Yamato, Tusk and Amu were sent into a frenzy by Yabiker, who had Nalia provide him with an improved stereo, while Sela was ironically left unaffected due to the extra protection she sported. The others were soon freed when Leo overcome Yabiker's Pararira Noise Ver. 2 with his naturally loud voice and, after the Zyuohgers defeated the Player, formed ZyuohWild to get back at him. Though outmatched by Yabiker's Yoroshiku Rod, ZyuohWild was backed-up by Cubes Lion and Shark and after Yamato used Cube Eagle to form ZyuohKing, the two giant robots were able to destroy Yabiker with their combined power.
Sela is a shark Zyuman and a type who doesn't want to show others her weakness. She doesn't like to lose and has very sharp hearing.
Powers and Abilities
- Zyuman Power (ジューマンパワー Jūman Pawā)
- The natural energy of individual Zyumen, they can bestow this energy upon other lifeforms to heal them via a King's Credential, granting the potential to unlock Zyuman powers as a side-effect in humans. However, this would come at the cost of the Zyuman's life force, thus shortening their lifespan. The process is also evidently irreversible.
- After being stranded in the human world, Sela is granted her own human form by her King's Credential which protects her identity as Zyuman. Following this, Sela can change from Zyuman to human and back at will. However, her disguise bears one exposing flaw in that she retains her shark fin, equivalent to the tails of her fellow Zyumen.
- Sixth sense
- As a Zyuman guardian, Sela can sense malicious presences such as the Deathgaliens, which are signaled by her fin standing erect.
- As a shark Zyuman, Sela possesses super-sensitive hearing which she retains in her human form.
- In her Zyuman form, Sela possesses a natural affinity for swimming along with the ability to breathe both air and water.
- Zyuoh Slash: After pressing the trigger on the Zyuoh Buster to charge up its energy, Zyuoh Shark and the other Zyuohgers transform into a giant claw which slashes the opponent. During the fight with Amigard, Zyuoh Shark performed an alternate version with Zyuoh Lion where an aura resembling a beast's fangs manifests around the opponent and chomps the opponent as the two Zyuohgers first perform a jumping downward stab followed by a lateral slash.
In her Instinct Awakened mode, Zyuoh Shark gains a dorsal fin on her back. In this form, she can swim through the ground as though it were water, allowing her to surprise attack her opponents as well as perform a somersault attack where she uses her fin to buzzsaw through enemies. Alternatively, she can perform an aerial spin attack after jumping and homing in on her target, repeatedly striking them in mid air with her spin attack.
Zyuoh Shark, along with the other Zyuohgers in their Instinct Awakened forms, are able to channel their powers along with Zyuoh Gorilla power into a gigantic fist that Zyuoh Gorilla can use to pound an enemy.
Appearances: Ninninger vs ToQger, Zyuohger Episodes 1-9
Behind the Scenes
- Sela takes her name from " Selachimorpha ", the branch name under which sharks are classified.
- Sela has a couple of notable firsts:
- She is the first female blue ranger since Urara Ozu/MagiBlue.
- This is contingent on counting only the main female blue rangers on official series. Otherwise, there's the two unofficial AkibaBlues Mitsuki Aoyagi and Luna Iwashimizu, the two Kyoryu Cyans Yuko Fukui and Ami-neesan, and Gokai and Transfer Changes that put Luka Millfy, Ahim de Famille, Mio Natsume, or Kagura Izumi in blue suits (their regular powers/colors are yellow for Luka and Mio or pink for Ahim and Kagura).
- She is the first female ranger to have a Shark motif.
- She is the first female blue ranger since Urara Ozu/MagiBlue.
- Continuing the underlying video game motifs of the series, Sela's attacks in Instinct Awakened mode are comparable to the Homing Dash attack of Sonic the Hedgehog.