|This article is about a/an companion/ally who doubles as a mecha in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
Secret Lantern DaiGoyou (秘伝提灯ダイゴヨウ Hiden Chōchin Daigoyō) is a support robot created by Genta. He was created after an Ayakashi switched Genta's soul into a piece of sushi that was about to be eaten by a cat; although he was saved before the cat ate it, Genta became fearful of sushi, preventing him from even using his Sushi Changer due to its shape. To make a means to fight without him, he infused his Electronic Mojikara with a lantern in his sushi cart that would be able to fight for him when needed, but with his phobia cured he became able to transform again yet decided to still use his new weapon to assist the Shinkenger. DaiGoyou refers to his creator as "Boss" (親分 oyabun).
He is normally in the splintered form of the Secret Disc shooting Paper Lantern Mode (提灯モード Chōchin Mōdo) and the Jitte Mode (十手モード Jitte Mōdo) baton which ShinkenGold uses as a weapon. He forms into his giant robot mode by Genta in pressing the "Big"(大) button on the Sushi Changer and having undergone the DaiGoyou Big Transformation (ダイゴヨウ大変化 Daigoyō Daihenge). Assuming his giant robot mode, DaiGoyou can swap limbs with both ShinkenOh and DaiKaiOh, though the latter was never shown in the series. He can fire many Hiden Disks from the lower slot of his body for ranged attacks and he delivers powerful karate chops for close combat. His techniques include the DaiGoyou Big Flash (ダイゴヨウ大閃光 Daigoyō Daisenkō) where he let's out a bright flash of light in his body to blind the opponent and reveal invisible things, and the DaiGoyou Big Spin (ダイゴヨウ大回転 Daigoyō Daikaiten) where he spins his body around rapidly like a tornado then charges at his opponent overwhelming them with a barrage of spinning karate chops. His finishing attack is the Secret Disk Turbulence Shot (秘伝ディスク乱れ撃ち Hiden Disuku Midareuchi), firing a huge array of disks from his body which float in the air above him then shred through the opponent.
Combining the Ryu, Kuma, Saru, and Kame Origami with DaiGoyou result in a Big Transformation initiated by a Shinkenger writing the kanji for "big", DaiGoyou becomes Shinken DaiGoyou (シンケンダイゴヨウ Shinken Daigoyō) using the Jitte Mode as a weapon. Shinken DaiGoyou's final attack is the Jitte Straight (十手一直線 Jitte Itchokusen) where he spins the Jitte Mode rapidly to build up momentum then throws it like a javelin towards the opponent destroying them.
The combination itself came about by accident: DaiGoyou became so excited into entering the battle that it knocked Takeru's Shishi Origami out of the way during the beginning of the ShinkenOh transformation, fusing with the other four Origami into this combination.
Appearances: Shinkenger Episodes 30, 38
Super Sentai Versus Series Theater
Daigoyou makes an appearance in the Goseiger hosted Super Sentai Versus Series Theater to advertise The Return of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger: Special Act.
- According to DaiGoyou's resume, his birthday is September 6th, 2009. Incidentally, that was the date the episode aired.
- DaiGoyou is notable for being the first character to have encountered two future Super Sentai teams before their actual introductions.
- Samurai Sentai Shinkenger vs. Go-Onger: GinmakuBang!!: He witnessed the Goseigers take on Akumaro Sujigarano, Dayuu Usukawa, and Juzo Fuwa
- Tensou Sentai Goseiger vs. Shinkenger: Epic on Ginmaku: He was the only witness to the destruction of Shitari of the Bones via the Gokaigers.
- The design is based similar to that of lanterns hung off of sushi carts to fend spirits away.
- Incidentally, Genta creates Daigoyou via the sole lantern on his sushi cart.
- Daigoyou Daihenge is slightly similar to past Sentai Boy Robos. However, along with GoRoader GT from Go-Onger, it is not counted as such when the four official Boy Robos (Titan Boy, Tetra Boy, Tackle Boy, and Liner Boy) are seen in episode 9 of Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger: Season Two, which features Itashar Boy.
- While it happened accidentally, Diagoyou's Shinken Daigoyou formation was similar to the formation of Kiba DaiOh from Gosei Sentai Dairanger, and Gouryuuzin from Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, as both formations replaced the core unit of the main robo of that season.