|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Beast Morphers.|
- ""Have mercy! Spare me! Please!""
- ―Scrozzle swearing loyalty to Evox after he arrived and destroyed his Tronics with eye blasts.[src]
- ""Hasta La Bye-Bye Ranger""
- ―Scrozzle before teleporting to the Crystal Dimension.[src]
- ―Scrozzle when Infernodrone was destroyed[src]
- ""Hurry up with the Morph-X! Otherwise, Evox will blast you to bolts!""
- ―Scrozzle bossing around Tronics and Drilltron 2.0 which revealed that he had survived.[src]
- ""Curse these darn crystals! They're everywhere!""
- ―Scrozzle being upset about the crystals[src]
- ""So unfair, I was only taking a sewer vacation""
- ―Scrozzle‘s final words before imprisonment[src]
Scrozzle (also commonly referred to as Scrozz by Blaze) is a robot who was the former ruler of the Cyber Dimension. Scrozzle worked for Evox as his chief scientist and inventor, and, in some ways, acting as his second-in-command, along with Blaze and Roxy.
Scrozzle acts as the secondary antagonist of Beast Morphers between the 2nd and 20th episode, became the main antagonist for the Halloween and Christmas specials, and the primary antagonist of Season 2's opener first episode. When Evox makes his return in the series, he returns to his former role of being the secondary antagonist. It is probably unknown if Scrozzle will make his return in the future.
Before the series, Scrozzle created the robot Vargoyle and went on a search for the very powerful Fury Cells which he succeeded in finding. However, Vargoyle came into contact with them and became completely evil which scared off Scrozz. He then went into hiding in the Cyber Dimension for some time, creating his special Zord-like machines called Gigadrones and robotic monsters called Robotrons.
Scrozzle first meets the avatar counterparts of Roxy and Blaze after their defeat in the Grid Battleforce base. Using his Tronics, he attempts to force the two to bow before him, only to quickly cower before Evox. Scrozzle quickly appeals to Evox with his technological prowess, revealing he created a teleporter that can get Evox to their original dimension with enough power.
He goes with Blaze to Earth to steal some Morph-X and makes Cycletron to distract the rangers while he and Blaze retreat. After Cycletron is destroyed, Scrozzle unleashes the massive Cycledrone to attack a Morph-X Tower before it was destroyed by the Racer Zord.
Scrozzle says to Roxy to come back to the Cyber Dimension with the Neural Aligner saying that it will be useful to him. Scrozzle used Shoveltron's data and a Beta Gigadrone to create Shoveldrone. After Roxy's defeat and Shoveltron as well as Shoveldrone's destructions, Scrozzle speaks with Evox about a special plan where Evox wins a body and goes to Earth. Scrozzle premises that this plan does not include Blaze and Roxy but the two ignore that Blaze and Roxy hid have heard all.
Scrozzle creates Meltatron to help Roxy to find Slicerdrone. Later, he sends Meltadrone to fight the Rangers. Then, enters in the Grid Battleforce and steals Steel's incomplete head to the Cyber Dimension possibly to create a new general to Evox or a body to that Evox returns on Earth.
Scrozzle asks Blaze and Roxy to create a Robotron to go after the Beast Bots and steals their data so that he can control the Beast X Megazord, but the plan fails. The Rangers destroy Railtron. Scrozzle used Railtron's data to create Raildrone and send two Gigatronics too. The Rangers destroy three Gigadrones with the Beast X Megazord. However Scrozzle informs Roxy and Blaze that he finally built his Cybergate for that Evox returns on Earth and takes over the Morphin Grid, Scrozzle laughs while Roxy and Blaze smile.
Vacuutron is sent to steal more Morph X to power up Scrozzle's Cybergate and free Evox of the Cyber Dimension. Scrozzle sends soon after Vacuudrone to steal more Morph X from the Morph-X tower. Vacuudrone is destroyed by the Beast X Megazord but Scrozzle, Blaze and Roxy are about to free Evox, having captured Nate, the ally of the Rangers to build a robotic body for their master. Evox begins to possess it but the plan fails, Nate succeeds to destroy the Cyber Gate, locks Evox in the Cyber Dimension, and becomes the Gold Ranger, his partner Steel also becomes the Silver Ranger. Scrozzle retreats while the new two Rangers destroy the Tronics and easily defeat Blaze and Roxy who retreat at their turn. They then destroyed Vaccutron with amazing ease although he gave their comrades a lot of trouble.
After Steel hands himself over to Evox's forces in exchange for Ben and Betty's release, Scrozzle repairs his Cybergate, then along with Blaze and Roxy wait for Evox's arrival. Evox emerges from the Cybergate again and tries to take possession of Steel's body. He fails, however, because Steel has human DNA (specifically Nate's DNA). Steel summons his Striker Saber and destroys the Cybergate, forcing Evox back into the Cyber Dimension once more, Scrozzle retreats along with Blaze and Roxy, leaving Antennatron and some Tronics to fight. He later sent Antennadrone but both it and the Robotron were destroyed.
Frustrated over this latest defeat, Evox complains to Scrozzle that Blaze and Roxy are continuing to fail. Scrozzle offers to upgrade one of the Avatars with all three of the Rangers' Beast powers. He shows Evox three data chips that can be placed on Robotrons and will collect the necessary data whenever a Ranger uses their Beast power. Evox tasks Blaze and Roxy with gathering this data, promising to give the upgrade to his most powerful servant. Roxy volunteers to go first. Though she succeeds in collecting data on Ravi's Gorilla strength, she fails to defeat the Rangers or collect Morph-X, Drilltron and Drilldrone are destroyed, so Evox sends Blaze to gather the next set of data.
Scrozzle personally masterminded the attack on the Power Rangers using a hypnotic television show to make them think that they were the individuals they had dressed up as. When Roxy failed to kill them, Scrozzle created Spiketron from an unknown object and sent him to get a large shipment of Morph X being transported via truck. Once he hijacked said truck, Scrozzle appeared and revealed himself as the mastermind behind the entire scheme. Unfortunately, the Rangers managed to undo the brainwashing and showed up to destroy the duo. Scrozzle called forth Tronics and then retreated, leaving the monster and his thugs to destroy the Rangers, Eventually, he created Spikedrone in an attempt to lure away the Rangers but both the Robotron and Gigadrone were destroyed.
Eventually, Vargoyle located Scrozzle in the Cyber Dimension and confronted him. He was furious to learn that the last four Fury Cells had been lost, and when Scrozzle blamed Blaze and Roxy, Vargoyle attacked and defeated the two avatars. Evox appeared and stopped the fight. After Scrozzle explained Vargoyle's backstory, Evox asked Vargoyle to work for him, offering to reward him with the Beast powers upgrade Scrozzle had recently developed. Scrozzle sends Turbodrone after Turbotron's destruction, but he is destroyed by the Rangers although it did manage to steal some Morph-X into the Cyber Dimension using its fan.
As Vargoyle is finishing telling Evox his plan to get him the Morph-X he needs to return to Earth, Blaze and Roxy walk it, ready to show Evox their designs for a Memory Pulsator, only for Vargoyle to reveal that he's already built their device with Scrozzle's help. Incensed, Blaze accuses Scrozzle of sharing their plans with Vargoyle, something which Scrozzle tries to deny, but Vargoyle confirms. Before the argument can escalate, Evox interrupts and says that if Vargoyle was clever enough to steal Blaze and Roxy's plan, then he's smart enough to execute that plan. Scrozzle sends Shockatron to Earth at the same time that Shockadrone was deployed as part of Vargoyle's plan to distract the Rangers while he put his Memory Pulsator in place. Although both Shockatron and Shockadrone were destroyed, Vargoyle succeeded in planting the Memory Pulsator on the Channel 10 TV station's transmitter tower.
Vargoyle used Scrozzle's Robotron-Maker to activate the Pulsator, which rewrote the memories of everyone in Coral Harbor, including the human Rangers, so that they forgot about Evox's previous attacks and believed that Blaze and Roxy were the actual Red and Yellow Beast Morphers Rangers. Steel, however, being half-human, half-machine, was not affected. He managed to convince Devon to come to Grid Battleforce with him, by promising to show him the Battle Simulator. Vargoyle confronted the two outside Grid Battleforce, and when he discovered that Steel's memories were still intact, he went on a rant about Scrozzle's incompetence - and in the process, accidentally revealed the location of the Memory Pulsator. Later, when Vargoyle fights Devon, he remarks that his Beast Power is almost discharged and asks to Scrozzle more Morph-X. Scrozzle replies that he has enough to use the Cheetah's speed and that he will send it more if he says please. At this moment, Blaze appears with Roxy and takes him the Morph-X. Scrozzle replies that Vargoyle has needed Morph-X or he will be destroyed but Blaze and Roxy smile meaning that they win and Scrozzle joins their choice.
Scrozzle informs Blaze and Roxy that the Rangers have retrieved the Mega Transporters that they have stolen. Considering the Tronics as useless, Blaze orders to Scrozzle to send a Gigadrone to distract the Rangers so that he and Roxy retake the Mega Transporters. The Rangers divide: Ravi takes the Mega Transporters while the others fight the Gigadrone. Seeing that, Roxy says that she knows what to do, Blaze and Scrozzle watch her leave them confused. Even though Roxy is killed by Ravi, Blaze has amazing success when he teleported an entire Morph-X Tower with the Mega transporters, Scrozzle has built a rudimentary robot form for Evox and begins pumping Morph-X from the stolen tower into the body.
Scrozzle admires the Morph-X circulated in Evox's new body, and verify with Blaze the teleportation system, awaiting that Evox's body to be ready, (and at an unknown point, he created a Megazord for Blaze). When the Rangers arrive in the Cyber Dimension with their Beast-X Ultrazord to rescue Devon and stop Evox once and for all, Blaze orders to Scrozzle to send an army of Gigadrones to destroy them. But the Beast-X Ultrazord destroys the entire army. Despite this, Scrozzle successfully uploaded the evil virus into it and began the process of teleporting him into our dimension so he could access the Morphin Grid from Coral Harbour. Whilst transferring Evox, Nate showed up, with Mayor Daniels, Jax, and Smash, and told Scrozzle to stop but he didn't and was shot in the back by the Striker Morpher although he quickly recovered and teleported away with his Robotron-Maker.
Months after the defeat of Evox, Scrozzle went on the offensive during Christmas and created Infernotron and went in an all-out invasion of downtown with an army of Tronics, to take his revenge against the Rangers for destroying his Cyber Dimension. The Rangers fell for the trap and Nate was sealed away into a Christmas ornament and, despite the demise of Infernotron, the other Rangers followed suit with only Ravi and Steel remaining free. Ravi was later accidentally trapped by Steel. Later that day, Scrozzle personally piloted his new Infernodrone and went on a rampage to destroy Coral Harbor. With Steel busy trying to fix the other Rangers, the Beast Bots were forced to pilot the Zords alone. While the Wheeler and Chopper Zords evacuated civilians and put out the fires, the Racer Zord took on Infernodrone. After taking a hit from the Racer Zord's Beast Bite, Scrozzle launched two Gigatronics for backup, then began burning into a Morph X Tower. Cruise quickly defeated the Gigatronics and then destroyed Infernodrone with the Racer Zord's Hyper Strike.
Sometime between "Evox Upgraded" and "Beast King Rampage", Scrozzle recreated Blaze's Megazord and built at least one new version of it.
It was revealed by Nate that, since the end of Evox, the Cyber Dimension had been completely abandoned and was now just a barren wasteland. Scrozzle was revealed to have survived Infernodrone's destruction upon bailing out at the last minute. The Rangers confronted him, Drilltron 2.0, and some Tronics when they were stealing Morph-X from a spill in Sector Lima 2-3. Once the Rangers arrive to stop them, Scrozzle teleported away with all the Morph-X, leaving Drilltron 2.0 and the Tronics to fight the Rangers. He created Drilldrone 2.0 using Drilltron 2.0's data after this, but that was also destroyed.
Having promised generals for Evox, Scrozzle creates Trappertron who captures Blaze and Roxy. Scrozzle scans them, then he creates in the Crystal Dimension, his new base, Robo-Roxy, and Robo-Blaze, with robotic bodies and back up datas of Avatars Blaze and Roxy, they possess memories of theirs predecessors. After Trappertron's destruction, Scrozzle sends Trapperdrone but he is destroyed by the Beast X-Ultrazord.
After Blaze and Roxy give Scrozzle a hand puppet, he creates Controlatron who is then sent to brainwash and kidnap Nate. Once he does so, Scrozzle has Nate create a control program for a secret project and then sent the Robotron and his "puppet" to destroy the Rangers whilst also sending two new Gigadrones to divide and conquer but the scheme ultimately failed.
Sometime after, whilst Meghan was showing off the new Zord to the Rangers, Scrozzle infected a dart with the control virus and had Blaze and Roxy deliver it. After the Beast-X King Ultra Bow removed the virus, Scrozzle revealed Blaze's rebuilt Megazord (off-screen) to said Cybervillain but it was soon destroyed by the Beast-X King Zord's Battle Mode.
Eventually, however, the strain put on Mayor Daniels/Evox by the reliance on Morph-X to maintain his human form was becoming too heavy and he was needing it daily to keep it up. However. when he was supposed to have the Morph-X given to him, he was with the Rangers so the Cybervillains and Scrozzle were forced to invent a way to "kidnap" the Mayor. Scrozzle sent Tiaradrone (created from the data of Tiaratron) to draw away at least one of the Rangers but both it and its Robotron counterpart were destroyed and Evox was exposed.
In light of Mayor Daniels being revealed as Evox, Commander Shaw orders all the Morph-X towers to be shut down, return the Morph-X to the Morphin Grid. After the demise of Bulldozertron, a Robotron sent to steal any last Morph-X and the failure of Blaze and Roxy, Commander Shaw met up with the Rangers and told them of Morph-X Tower 5 still having Morph-X. Scrozzle, hiding behind a vehicle, overheard this and created Bulldozerdrone but was unaware that it was a trap set up to draw out Evox. This was successful after the Beast-X King Megazord destroyed Bulldozerdrone. After the Split Emitters ripped Evox and Mayor Daniels apart, Scrozzle appeared and forced Evox to leave in spite of his protestations.
Sometime after, Scrozzle and the Tronics feed Evox the last of their Morph-X. However, now they don't even have enough Morph-X to teleport to Earth. Luckily, an alien criminal known as Ryjack arrives and offers to get them Morph-X in exchange for aid in acquiring the stockpile of Ranger weapons held at Grid Battleforce for his collection. Much to Scrozzle's shock, he recreated Vargoyle in a golden body although he was relieved about the control collar. He later revealed Vargoyle's return to Blaze and Roxy before sending a Gigadrone to steal Morph-X to divide and hopefully conquer the Rangers but both the general and Gigadrone were destroyed.
Scrozzle was present when Evox announced his attention to betray Ryjack and steal his weapons for their benefit. He later stole Ryjack's reanimizer after he grew into a giant (since it had been slashed out of his hand by Captain Chaku) and took it back to the Crystal Dimension.
Later on, both the villains and the Rangers were searching for Ryjack's ship and Scrozzle eventually found it but it was obliterated thanks to a self-destruct sequence Zoey had accidentally activated. Evox sent Blaze and Roxy to steal the arsenal and Scrozzle gave them the reanimizer he stole to recreate some Ranger enemies to assist them. Later on, Scrozzle accompanied the newly resurrected Snide and the kidnapped Keeper to a warehouse where the Rangers brought Ryjack's arsenal in order to inspect the weapons and ensure that they were worth it. Once he ensured this, he teleported himself and the weapons back to the Cyber Dimension. Once he returned, he sent another unnamed Gigadrone but it was quickly destroyed. In spite of that, Scrozzle decided to even the odds even further by resurrecting Sledge using his blaster as well as the rest of his entourage and sent them all to Earth.
Scrozzle was present with the villains when they considered which villain was best to revive since they needed them to be strong enough to destroy the Rangers. His choices were Koragg, The Knight Wolf and Lord Zedd, but was backfired when she reveals about the backfire outcomes they would encounter
- Koragg was already purified back into Leanbow and now reformed as a Power Ranger. The same goes for Robo-Roxy's choice Astronema when Robo-Blaze reveals her similar fates as Koragg.
- If they revive Lord Zedd, he would betray Evox and the rest like what he did to King Mondo's family, much to Scrozzle's surprise while Robo-Roxy is disappointed.
They eventually decided upon Goldar so Scrozzle infused the reanimator with crystals and resurrected him as Goldar Maximus who swiftly killed Sledge.
Whilst Goldar and Snide attacked the Rangers in the Dino Charge dimension, Scrozzle began getting together geodes to build a secret weapon at Evox's request. In order for this to work, he had to split open a geode which Goldar Maximus obliged and Scrozzle was able to build the Chimera Zord. However, the combined powers of the Dino Megazord, Thundersaurus Megazord, and the Dino Charge Megazord Beast-X King Formation was enough to obliterate it.
After Roxy stole some beetle DNA from Nate and Steel, Scrozzle created Clawtron and infused Roxy with some flower DNA. When the Rangers were able to transform after the teleporter broke down, Scrozzle sent Clawdrone to the city but both Clawdrone and Clawtron were destroyed.
Scrozzle was berated by an angry Evox for his failures alongside Blaze and Roxy, being called "three useless bots who do nothing but fail!" which inspired Roxy to go on the offensive after Ravi. He was later seen laughing after Blaze was forced to accompany Roxy on her mission to kill Ravi but denied it after Evox asked if he wished to join them. He did not send a Gigadrone in this episode.
Scrozzle was present when Blaze and Antennatron 2.0 returned to the Crystal Dimension and pointed out that training (Blaze's excuse for where he'd been) was too honorable for Blaze. After revealing his secret, Blaze has Scrozz upgrade him with Morph-X the same way that he did to Roxy. Scrozzle was initially hesitant in case Evox disapproved but was convinced when he was told that this may make both of them look good. He later sent Antennadrone 2.0 to Earth to steal Morph-X after Blaze returned with a lot of stolen Morph-X.
Scrozzle was present when Evox stroked Blaze's ego for successfully sealing a lot of Morph-X in the previous episode. He was later working at his computer when Roxy approached him and made him scan a mountain near Riptide for fossils with him finding the remains of Zoey's fossil which she had accidentally destroyed with acid. After Roxy succeeded in scanning that DNA, Scrozzle informs Evox that his new Gigadrone will soon be ready. He shortly thereafter upgraded Roxy into her ultimate form using the robot maker but it also destroyed the machine in the process, upsetting Scrozzle as it was one of a kind and now the robot duplicate method was impossible. After Roxy died, he came to Blaze and berated him for letting her die since there was no way to bring her back which inadvertently told Devon that there was no way for the avatars to keep returning before Blaze teleported both of them away.
After Blaze planted one of Roxy's memory drives in the Ranger's hands, Scrozzle created Railtron 2.0 to steal Morph-X but was easily destroyed. After realizing this, and revealed that he was supposed to distract them until Omegadrone was ready and Evox told him that he has a dark past which scrozzle was unaware of.
After Evox returned from absorbing the access codes for the Morphin Grid from Grid Battleforce, having revealed himself as the Venjix Virus to the Rangers, Scrozzle and Blaze met him in the Crystal Dimension. After Blaze left with one-half of the access codes, Scrozzle asked what he could do. He was given another copy of the access codes and was called "the key to the whole trick." What this meant soon became apparent since, after Blaze was destroyed for good, Scrozzle was able to successfully enter the codes into the Morph-X Tower whilst the Rangers were fighting Blaze and gave Venjix total control of the Morphin Grid.
After Evox was defeated once and for all, Scrozzle went into hiding, taking refuge in the sewers of Corinth. He was found and ultimately brought back to Grid Battleforce custody. He remains there to this day, unable to escape and with all his gear taken which left him trapped forever.
Scrozzle fears Evox and Vargoyle, and avoids battle actively. He is loyal to his master, giving him useful advice and suggestions, and managing all of the technology within the Cyber Dimension and Crystal Dimension. His rivalry with Blaze and Roxy varied, though it seems to have diminished over time, especially since has become vital for their restoration given their currently robotic nature.
Powers and Abilities
- Durability: Scrozzle was shot in the back by Nate's Striker Morpher and fall down but quickly recover. The most impressive display of his invulnerability however was when he managed to somehow survive the destruction of Infernodrone despite the fact that he had no time to just teleport out of it.
- Super Genius: Scrozzle is one of the most intelligent characters in the Power Rangers franchise, being able to create literally hundreds of gigantic robot monsters, an unknown number of robotic monsters, and a giant portal amongst other things. His most impressive on-screen display was how he figured out how to create the Chimera Zord from just the Energems, some geodes, and Keeper's staff (albeit with some help from Keeper himself).
- Expert Pilot: Scrozzle was able to pilot Infernodrone with amazing ease and was temporarily able to match the Racer Zord in combat.
- Tronics Summoning: Scrozzle can summon a group of Tronics to aid him if needed.
- Tronics Conversion: Scrozzle is capable of turning living things into Tronics, as mentioned by Evox when he was angry with Blaze and Roxy for allowing the Rangers to take their Gigadrone in the episode "Hangar Heist"; he threatened to have Scrozzle change them into his mindless footsoldiers.
- Teleporter: Scrozzle has a wrist-mounted teleporter he can use to get himself, the Avatars, and others adjacent to him to Earth. However, it needs a lot of Morph-X to get Evox to Earth.
- Robotron Creation Key: A Morph-X Key repurposed by Scrozzle to create Robotrons.
- Fury Cells: Scrozzle had discovered the Fury Cells with Vargoyle, they give more power. When Vargoyle takes the majority of them and becomes more powerful and also evil, he turns against his creator. Scrozzle fled with the last four Fury Cells. These items have since either been destroyed or drained of power and rendered useless.
- Infernodrone: Scrozzle's personal Gigadrone made from the data of Infernotron. It was destroyed by the Racer Zord's Cheetah Strike which was thought to have killed Scrozz although he survived.
- Reanimizer: At first, this was used by Ryjack to revive Vargoyle. After Ryjack was destroyed, Scrozzle stole it for his own use to bring back a wide variety of past villains.
- Tubadrone 2.0
- Unidentified Gigadrone 1
- Unidentified Gigadrone 2
- Infernodrone (Final Gigadrone for Season 1)
Behind the Scenes
- Scrozzle is voiced by Campbell Cooley.
- Scrozzle has no direct Go-Busters counterpart, making him a Power Rangers-exclusive villain. His design does seem to be similar to villains found in Go-Onger and its Power Rangers counterpart Power Rangers RPM.
- Scrozzle is the first villain to be arrested instead of outright killed since Emperor Gruumm from Power Rangers S.P.D..
- Scrozzle's name is derived from a technical term referring to when self-modifying code data runs incorrectly and corrupts a program or data.
- While he was an original villain, he served as some kind of counterpart to Enter (whose Dark Buster form was used by Blaze). Just like Enter, he was the villains' scientist and monster creator.
- The only episodes that don't feature Scrozzle are "Beasts Unleashed" (since he hadn't joined Evox yet) and "Game On!" with all other episodes including him, appearing more than even Evox himself who appeared in 38 episodes as opposed to Scrozzle's 42.
- Beasts Unleashed is also the only episode of Season 1 that he does not appear in, appearing with Blaze even if Roxy and Evox don't appear.
- Scrozzle is Campbell Cooley's third PR Exclusive role, after Alpha 6 in Once a Ranger and Cosmo Royale, and the second exclusive role whose costume wasn't directly adapted (the first being Alpha 6).
- Scrozzle often refers to himself in the third person.
- Scrozzle is the third general of Evox and the only general to survive to the second season.
- Scrozzle is the first main villain since Emperor Gruumm to be captured and imprisoned instead of being destroyed. Coincidentally, they are both Power Rangers-exclusive villains.
- This also makes him similar to Dogranio Yaboon, as instead of being killed by the Patarangers, he was instead imprisoned and shackled by his own chains.
- Scrozzle is one of the few major Power Rangers villains to both survive the events of the season and not get any redemption. The others are Queen Bansheera, Emperor Gruumm, Broodwing, Mora, and The A-Squad Rangers. Octoroo's final fate is unknown.
- Scrozzle is the only surviving member of Evox's Virus Army.
- Additionally he's also the first and currently only survivor of a villain organization to not be redeemed in any form. While some survivors often redeem themselves either due to an outside force (Rita Repulsa, Lord Zedd, Divatox, Astronema, and Elsa) or conflict of morals (Ransik, Nadira, Jindrax, Toxica, Zen-Aku, Kapri, Marah, Necrolai/Nikki, Leelee Pimvare, Jarrod, Camille, Tenaya 7/15, and Heckyl) Scrozzle is never redeemed and is later arrested for his crimes.