The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
The teens go on a scavenger hunt. But, then Lord Zedd has other ideas to ruin their game once and for all. He creates the Cannontop monster with the express intent to blast the Rangers into a dimension from which they can never return!
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin White Ranger)
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger)
- Karan Ashley as Aisha Campbell (Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Ann Hart (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger)
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Richard Genelle as Ernie
- ??? as Gypsy Aballonia
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Robert L. Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Sandi Sellner as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice)
- Ed Neil as Lord Zedd
- Robert Axelrod as Lord Zedd (voice)
- Danny Wayne Stallcup as Goldar
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice)
- Michael J. Sorich as Squatt (voice)
- Dave Mallow as Baboo (voice) (as Colin Phillips)
- John C. Hyke as Cannontop (voice)
- Final appearance of the Power Blaster as well as the only time Rocky, Adam and Aisha ever use it alongside Billy and Kimberly.
- Billy and Kimberly have new dialogue recorded for when they're saying their weapons names for the Power Blaster formation instead of the old voice work, when Jason, Zack and Trini were part of the team.
- Final appearance of Tor, it's never explained what happened to the Zord and why the Rangers stopped using it. It becomes the first zord not to be destroyed after making its last appearance.
- Tommy's morph preparation is used from the Power Rangers live tour.
- The footage of the Rangers during the ground fight against Cannontop is compiled entirely from past episodes (with the majority of the shots coming from "Where There's Smoke, There's Fire", the episode immediately prior to this one).
- All of the dialogue in the Power Blaster sequence sounds weird and clearly isn't coming from in-universe. Everything sounds tinny and the music quietins down unuaturally for the lines.
- Tommy calls for the formation of the Thunder Ultrazord but the Mega Tigerzord is formed instead.
- Tommy refers to the Red Dragon Thunderzord as the Thunder Megazord before it mounts the White Tigerzord. EIther that or he told them to form the Megazord but instead the Red Dragon became it's rider.
- After his first scene, Cannontop's voice changes in pitch to become deeper and then changes back to the higher pitched one when he grows.
- Tor completely disappears from the fight after blasting Cannontop.
- This is also a problem in the original Dairanger episode.
- When Adam reacts to giant Cannontop, there is nothing but open sky behind him but the shot after where Aisha brags that they would kill him has a massive tree behind him. The camera angle would not hide this.
- The shot of Cannontop being stuck by the Power Blaster blast is merely the monster's cannon blast attack but played backwards and looks ridiculous.
- Also, there is a small tree in the corner of said shot and then an entire tree line behind him in the next shot despite the fact that the first shot should have had the whole treeline visible.
- There are instances of Cannontop attacking the Rangers from the Japanese cemetery while the Rangers shows that they were in the park near the lake. The worst example is when he is is "hit by the Power Blaster" (see below).
- Kanji can also be seen on the cemetery posts behind him after he said "at last, Power Rangers in my sights" and Tommy warned the others to be careful.
- Although Cannontop fires a projectile that appears to be a fist, the next shot shows that it was firing a standard fireball since the shot is recycled from "Rocky Just Wants to Have Fun" when Pachinko Head fired a fireball at the five,
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.