|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "We will have what I believe you call, a showdown."
Scatterbrain is a kaleidoscope themed monster who is the main antagonist of the episode "When is a Ranger Not a Ranger?".
Scatterbrain was created by Zedd from a kaleidoscope, that Adam owned. After watching Adam's report on his kaleidoscope, Lord Zedd decides to create a monster from it. Immediately upon arriving on Earth, he manages to erase the memories of Kimberly, Billy and Tommy, who fought against the Z Putties that Zedd sent to distract them so he could turn the kaleidoscope into Scatterbrain. Once the monster was born, he erased the three Rangers' memories. Rocky, Adam and Aisha devise a plan to save their friends. Adam collects some prisms from Billy's lab to use to reflect Scatterbrain's beam, bringing back the memories of their friends. Just when Adam arrives to save the Rangers, Scatterbrain uses the beam on him, erasing his memory and leaving Aisha and Rocky to face the monster on their own. They try to secure the prisms, but they too fall victim to the Scatterbrain's beam and lose their memories.
The prisms fall to the ground in front of Bulk and Skull, who had been watching the fight and had finally discovered the identity of the Power Rangers. With the Rangers now completely amnesiac and helpless, Bulk and Skull confront the monster, hiding the prisms behind their backs. When Scatterbrain shoots his beam at them as well, the prisms reflect the beams, restoring the Rangers' memories and morphing them. However, when the Rangers go to check on Bulk and Skull, the two teens have lost their memories of saving the Power Rangers and their true identities. When Lord Zedd makes Scatterbrain giant-sized with a growth bomb, the Rangers summon the Thunderzords and form the Thunder Megazord. Now utilizing a sword, Scatterbrain tried to destroy it but was overwhelmed and stabbed in the gut before being thrown to the ground and slain by the Thunder Saber. After the monster's destruction, Bulk and Skull attempted to impress the high school students at the Juice Bar by saying they saved the Power Rangers by attacking the monster and, having forgotten what the monster looked like, that they pulled out one of the monster's teeth.
Scatterbrain was a cunning, sinister and villainous monster, who won't stop at nothing to destroy the Power Rangers. He was shown as highly cunning and intelligent as he managed to erase their memories.
Powers And Abilities
- Skilled Fighter: Scatterbrain was able to fight against the Thunder Megazord very effectively.
- Memory Ray: Scatterbrain's signature move where he fires a large white-green-red swirl from around his face which will shatter his victims into millions of pieces and then reassemble them without memory of who they are.
- Explosive: Scatterbrain's memory erasing ray could also have explosive effects as seen when he was trying to hit Rocky and Aisha with it.
- Eye Ray: Scatterbrain can fire red energy rays from his single eye.
- Sword: When giant, Scatterbrain wielded a massive grey sword in battle.
Behind The Scenes
- Scatterbrain was voiced by Mike Reynolds.
- Scatterbrain is notable in that he is one of the few villains who actually managed to defeat the Power Rangers, only to be thwarted by outside interference, in this case, Bulk and Skull.
- Technically, he is the second in the franchise (the first being the Rockstar) although the Rockstar didn't defeat the entire team and just pinned them to the ground.
- Nabisco had a mascot in late 1994 through 1995 that resembled Scatterbrain called the "Nabisco Thing", it even shot out multicolored light waves that looked very similar to the ones used by Scatterbrain. However, these had no negative consequences (and were said to "make something cool happen"), and the Nabisco Thing mascot was not a villain in the commercials he appeared in, but an ally of the kids. The ads had a surprisingly 80's feel to them as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdvDbbTnkyI