|This article is about a/an Insectoid monster in Power Rangers Megaforce.|
- ―Scaraba's final words before his death[src]
Scaraba is a scarab-theme Insectoid sent down to Earth by Admiral Malkor to defeat the newfound resistance of humanity and is the primary villain of the pilot episode of Power Rangers Megaforce "Mega Mission". He holds his own title among the Insectoids: The Rock Beetle.
He is the first Insectoid to fight the Mega Rangers, the first field commander in Power Rangers Megaforce, the first monster to fight the Megaforce Rangers and is the first monster in the entire Megaforce series as a whole.
Instigated by Creepox's rage and Vrak's advice, Malkor summons him to battle. After acknowledging that the Loogies are no match for the Mega Rangers, he decides to give them a real challenge. The Mega Rangers came to the rescue and Scraba was no match for them, the Mega Rangers destroying him with the Megaforce Blaster.
Scaraba is a determined soldier who proudly serves the cause of the Insectoids. He is devoted to Malkor and openly expresses his confidence before Vrak as to show how superior his kind is to humanity. In battle, he proves strong but prone to drop his guard, which ultimately results in his defeat.
Powers and Abilities
- Rock Blast: Scaraba is able to suck up rubble into his stomach grinder, which creates rocks used to attack opponents by launching them in rapid succession.
- Boulder Roll: Scaraba can also suck up rubble to create a massive boulder to crush his foes with by rolling over them.
- Eye Lasers: Scaraba can fire yellow energy lasers from his eyes.
- Gauntlet Claws: Scaraba has large gauntlet claws on his arms for combat.
- Fireballs: Scaraba can unleash large, blue-colored fireballs from his hands. THese were presumably his strongest attacks because they caused massive explosions in front of the Rangers (although it did not affect them).
Behind the scenes
- Scaraba is voiced by Anthony Ray Parker.
- His full title is Scaraba, The Rock Beetle, and he is referred as such when summoned by Malkor. Despite his title as the Rock Beetle, he is actually scarab-themed.