|This article is about a/an monster in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
Sasamatage (ササマタゲ 21) is an Ayakashi.
Finding the Rokumon Junk empty, Sasamatage decides to cause trouble on his own by placing his eggs on humans to make them violent. The eggs can also be used as explosive projectiles. He is destroyed by the teamwork of Shinken Red, Blue and Yellow, Sasamatage enlarges and is quickly destroyed by the teamwork of Tenkuu ShinkenOh's Tenku Bamboo Slice with help from DaikaiOh West.
According to folklore, the kameosa (瓶長) is an old bottle that has been possessed and has an infinite amount of liquid inside. Sasamatage's right shoulder, which appears to be a bottle spilling sake, is thought to be the basis of this legend.
Sasamatage was a playful and energetic Ayakashi who had a tendency to speak in effeminate manner.
Powers and Abilities
- Human World Travel: Sasamatage and other residents of Sanzu River can travel themselves into human world via narrow hole gaps.
- Second Life: Sasamatage and most Ayakashi possessed a second life that granted them the chance to live again as a giant upon being defeated by Shinkengers.
- Laser Beam: Sasamatage can shoot laser from his eyes.
- Egg Generation: Sasamatage has the ability to produce eggs from his mouth.
- Fukusui Chōgekiken (覆水長戟剣 Spilt Water Long Ji Sword): Sasamatage's personal sword that he uses in combat.
- Eggs: Eggs produced by Sasamatage. They can be placed on a person's head to make them act violent, or fired from his mouth as an explosive.
Behind the Scenes
Sasamatage is voiced by Mitsuaki Hoshino (星野 充昭 Hoshino Mitsuaki).
- His design is based on the kameosa youkai and a tortoise.
- His name is a combination of sasa, which is slang for sake used by Japanese court ladies, and matage (跨げ, to straddle).
- Sasamatage was not adapted for Power Rangers Samurai.