|This article is about a/an actor in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive.|
From a very young age he has performed and taken part in many school productions but took acting seriously from the age of 17. Music has also been one of his passions with the rap alias “Myster?ous” but chose to pursue his acting career to focus on his vision. During his early teenage years, Samuell had his fair shares of run-ins with the law and has turned a new leaf for the better and made a commitment to himself to set a positive example for the younger generation. Inspired by actors such as Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Martin Lawrence and Bruce Willis to name a few, he set himself on a mission to be the next box office king in Hollywood. His first ever TV debut was on ITV’s The Bill in 2005 which was his first experience on a film set, from this he knew that the entertainment industry was made for him.
- Benta played Jay Kelso in The Cut, Donnie Lester in Eastenders: E20, Ewan in Doctors, and Samuell McKenzie All About The McKenzies.
- Benta has also appeared in advertisements for Coca-Cola and the hit BBC series Hotel Babylon and Silent Witness.
- Benta was subject to rumors following his appearance at Power Morphicon 2007, where he was accused for the disappearance of an autographed banner which was to be donated for charity later on. Benta allegedly "stole" one of the banners and refused to return it, later resulting in his banning from future conventions due to his misconduct.
- However on February 26, 2020, Benta released a video saying that while he indeed was in possession of the banner, it had not been autographed yet and he was going to get those autographs for the staffing committee. After getting the autographs, Benta claims to have left the banner in a room he thought was unaccessible to fans, which when he returned to the same room after having drinks with co-stars, the room was filled with fans and the banner was gone, which ultimately created the rumor that Benta had stolen the autographed banner.
- Benta is an Jamaican/Antiguan heritage from London UK.