|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers S.P.D.|
|"Force from the future! S.P.D. Omega Ranger!"|
|―S.P.D. Omega Ranger's roll call[src]|
Samuel "Sam" is the S.P.D. Omega Ranger. He originally made his debut as a misunderstood child who is manipulated by one of Mora's monsters and is later recruited as an S.P.D. cadet. Fifteen years in the future, Sam goes back in time to assist the B-Squad Rangers as the Omega Ranger and remains with them until the defeat of Emperor Gruumm. However, the time traveling changed Sam's body and is only able to appear in Omega Ranger form or as a ball of light. As a result, Sam is one of the few Rangers to not have a morphing sequence.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Video Game Appearances
- 3 Special genetic trait
- 4 S.P.D. Omega Ranger
- 5 Legendary Ranger Devices
- 6 Behind the Scenes
- 7 Notes
- 8 Appearances
- 9 See Also
In 2001, Sam's parents, along with the parents of the B-Squad Rangers, worked with Kat Manx in developing the morphing technology used in the S.P.D. Morphers. However, these experiments had side effects that, while they did not affect Kat, they did affect the B-Squad parents, mutating their offspring and resulting in the B-Squad Power Rangers and Sam receiving their civilian superpowers. Though most of the offspring who were born to the participants in this project were adults by 2025, Sam was the youngest born and still a child at the time he is first seen. Sometime during his childhood, both of his parents died in a tragic accident.
For his civilian power, Sam developed the ability to teleport objects. His powers were misunderstood by other children, however, and he was ostracized. His desperate search for friends led him to be manipulated by Mora and her newest creation Bugglesworth, who turned people into dolls for Mora to collect. While the other Rangers were quick to judge Sam poorly, Z realized that Sam was not evil and just wanted to fit in. Although it took a lot of convincing, Sam eventually agreed to stay with his new friend and the other Rangers at the S.P.D. Academy(who gave him a bike).
On July 11, 2025, S.P.D. was fated to fall to the Troobian Empire.
In this bleak future, Sam gains the Omega Ranger powers and travels back to 2025 to stop Morgana from destroying the Rangers and eventually S.P.D., thus preventing the disaster that had befallen his world. However, passing through the time warp has heavily altered his human form, reducing him to a floating orb of pure energy. Due to this setback, his only remotely human form is his Ranger form. As Kat Manx works to find a way to send him back to the future, he assists the B-Squad Rangers in their battle to save Earth.
Omega joined the B-Squad to prevent Emperor Gruumm's invasion and brings with him a powerful array of futuristic equipment including the Uniforce Cycle, a zord known as the Omegamax Cycle and the Omega Morpher, which allows him to perform various feats including temporal manipulation (Hyper Mode), strength increase (Muscle Mode), and Judgement Mode. His suit brandishes the Roman Numeral for six,"VI". Because of his true identity, he is also capable of the genetic power of teleportation.
When some friends of Piggy steals S.W.A.T. technology, Sam's technological advancements are outmatched, but as the force from the future, he is always at the Rangers disposal when they need him.
During the final battle against Gruumm, Sam's old friend Nova Ranger comes looking for him. After the battle is over (and with Sam apparently able to power down), the two of them return to the future.
Helping Orion in visions
After an alien from Andresia named Orion came across a Silver Ranger Key and a Morpher, Orion got visions from multiples sixth Rangers while touching the morpher. Orion would call out the power of all the sixth ranger, including Sam, in order to create the Super Megaforce Gold key.
Participating in the Legendary Battle
Sam returned with his fellow S.P.D. Rangers as part of the army of Legendary Rangers that helped the Mega Rangers defeat the Armada once and for all, fighting in a huge battle against hundreds of X Borgs and dozens of Bruisers. He then returns to his own time.
Video Game Appearances
Power Rangers Key Scanner
Sam as S.P.D. Omega Ranger, appears in the app videogame Power Rangers Key Scanner, amoung various other Rangers teams.
Power Rangers Dash
Sam along with the other SPD Rangers as well are among all the Ranger teams which appear in the Korean-developed mobile game Power Rangers Dash.
Power Rangers Legacy Wars
Sam is among the many Rangers who feature in Power Rangers Legacy Wars. he is a Legendary (Leader), Legendary (Assist) character, and represents SPD Rangers alongside Kat Manx , Anubis Cruger and Sky Tate.
Special genetic trait
Telelocal Ray Projection: Sam's unique ability is to emit streams of hazy, transparent radiation which transport objects or people across variable distances at will. Be they short range to even remote locations.
S.P.D. Omega Ranger
- Omega Morpher - The Omega Ranger's Morpher features a throttle control that gives him access to a variety of powers including:
- Electro Mode: The Omega Morpher's main attack, an electrifying attack that can injure opponents greatly.
- Blast Mode: It allows the Omega Ranger to gather energy in the palm of his hand before discharging it as a powerful shock-wave.
- Power Mode: Similar to Muscle Mode, Power Mode increases the Omega Ranger's strength.
- Muscle Mode: Enhances the Omega Ranger's physical strength.
- Hyper Mode: Once this is activated, Omega Ranger can either slow down time or increase the speed at his will.
- Light-beam Mode: The Omega Ranger attacks his opponent with a "bar" of energy. Finishing move.
- Charged-Up Mode: The Omega Rangers can strengthen his stats.
- Judgment Scanner: The "Judge" option assesses the guilt or innocence of anyone the Rangers bring into custody. It measures pulse and electrical impulses before rendering a verdict, and it never makes mistakes.
- Uniforce Cycle
Appearances: S.P.D. Episodes 22-33, 35-38, SM Episodes 20 & LBEV
Morph and Roll Call
Legendary Ranger Devices
The S.P.D. Omega Ranger Key is Sam’s personal Ranger Key. This key along with the other 14 Official Sixth Ranger Keys are seen lining the Command Center's interior walls. This key is mainly used by Orion (Super Megaforce Silver) who uses it to fight as the S.P.D. Omega Ranger.
- Although never used to transform, it was seen in the toyline.
Behind the Scenes
- As a child, Sam is played by Aaron James Murphy. As an adult, Sam is voiced by Brett Stewart and portrayed in the show's final episode by an uncredited actor.
- As the S.P.D Omega Ranger, his suit actor was Eitoku (永徳)/Hisanori Ōiwa (大岩 永徳 Ōiwa Hisanori) in Super Sentai footage from Dekaranger & his suit actor in US/NZ footage was Yuji Tanimura (谷村 祐司 Tanimura Yūji).
- Sam is the only S.P.D. Ranger known to have two superhuman abilities. The first is to teleport objects (displayed when he was still a child), and the second is being able to transform into a ball of light energy. It is unknown if he still possesses his ability to teleport objects.
- In the Japanese dub of Power Rangers S.P.D., Sam is voiced by Tomokazu Yoshida, the actor of his Sentai counterpart, Tekkan Aira (DekaBreak).
- Bandai released an action figure of Omega Ranger in S.W.A.T. Mode and can still be seen in the toy section of Ranger Central.
- During the searches he is called Samuel
- Tekkan Aira - Super Sentai counterpart in Dekaranger. See comparison page.
- Hikaru Hiwatari - Super Sentai counterpart in Dekaranger. See comparison page. (child)
- Future Omega Ranger - An alternate version featured in Power Rangers Super Legends.
- Shurikenger - Sentai Ranger who could not demorph into his original human form.
- Sam (episode) - The episode and the story of the same name
- Sam (J.A.K.Q.) - The different character with the same name on different franchise.
Tommy • Trey • Jason • Zhane • Magna Defender • Mike • Ryan • Eric • Merrick • Cam • Trent • Sam • Daggeron • Tyzonn • Gem • Gemma • Antonio • Robo Knight • Orion • Ivan • Levi • Nate • Steel • Aiyon
Tommy • Delphine • Alyssa • Trent • Sam • Udonna • Dominic • Hayley
Tommy (alternate continuity) • Lord Drakkon • Ryu (Legacy Wars)
|View • Edit|