|This article is about a/an ranger in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.|
- For his V-Cinema alternate see Ryuji Iwasaki (V-Cinema)
- "Blue Buster!"
- ―Blue Buster's roll call[src]
Ryuji Iwasaki (岩崎 リュウジ Iwasaki Ryūji) is Blue Buster (ブルーバスター Burū Basutā) of the Go-Busters. He is a warrior with excellent fighting technique, as well as the oldest of the team. His partner Buddy Roid is Gorisaki Banana.
His Buster Power is super strength. However, this has a dangerous trade-off. When Ryuji uses his power too much he will overheat and has to take time to cool down. If he completely overheats, he becomes very violent, and this puts a great toll on his body.
|This article needs to be updated.
But the editor who placed this tag here didn't say what, exactly, should be updated.
These omissions are so great that the article's factual accuracy has been compromised. Check out the discussion page and revision history for further clues about what needs to be updated in this article.
Ryuji is the eldest of the 3 Busters and the most level headed of the three. He is 28 years old. He's the only one, of the main 3 to not have a family member appear in the series. Though, out of all 5, only himself, and Jin, don't have any family members appear, only friends.
Ryuji was visiting Jin in the Energy Management Center 13 years ago. When the Energy Management Center was teleported into the hyperspace, Ryuji, along with Hiromu and Yoko, were given the vaccine program and left behind. Ryuji spent 13 years living with the Special Missions Department with Yoko, making him and Yoko so close that they are like siblings. He and Kuroki also started the trend of having a Christmas party every year, so that he and Yoko will not hate Christmas.
Ryuji ends up fighting a lot with Escape after she deemed him "pretty good" after fighting with him when he was overheated. He was horrified when he found out that Enter had been able to revive Escape using her backup data and that she didn't remember him anymore, as her backup did not contain memories of the Go-Busters. Escape (after she was combined with the data from a flower)repeatedly made him overheat so that she could have a good fight, nearly killing Ryuji. When Escape's data becomes too corrupted and she starts assimilating everything, Ryuji defeats her, intending to end her suffering. As Escape dies, she calls Ryuji her "Papa" and asks him if she become pretty good, to which he replies, "Yes" to give her peace. He then watches until she disappears.
Ryuji fulfilled his dream of becoming an engineer after the Vaglass were defeated.
The three Go-Busters make their first appearance in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger vs. Uchuu Keiji Gavan: The Movie where they take on their predecessors' nemesis, Basco ta Jolokia.
Super Hero Taisen
to be added
Super Hero Taisen Z
to be added
Kyoryuger vs Go-Busters
Zyuohger vs. Ninninger
Blue Buster appeared with his team among the first 38 Super Sentai whom collectively empowered Wild Tousai Shuriken King in its fight against the titanic Gillmarda, granting the Ninningers and Zyuohgers the power to perform the Zyuoh Ninnin Super Sentai Burst which destroyed Gillmarda with the combined power of all 40 Super Sentai.
Super Sentai Strongest Battle
Ryuji joined the Super Sentai Strongest Battle as a member of Gunman Team. It’s unknown whether he participated in any of the matches, but his team was eliminated either after losing the second round against the Brain Team or the third round against the Swordsman Team.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Strength
- He is so strong that he can create a mini earthquake by hitting the ground.
- Inorganic Duplication
- By combining with Gorisaki Banana in Powered Custom mode, he can temporarily create an object out of the material he duplicated from the touched surface.
- "Go to Hell!"
- ―Ryuji's catchphrase while overheating
Cool-headed and reasonable, Ryuji is always one to keep his head in the game while his younger comrades bicker among themselves. He prefers to think of himself as an older brother instead of a father, and gets annoyed when people around him call him a father. While he is normally level headed, if Ryuji overheats because of the use of his super strength he becomes sadistic, violent and easily aggravated by anything and anyone. Ryuji was mature from a young age, which is shown by his care and love towards Yoko in her flashbacks and how he and Kuroki organized a Christmas party every year so that no one would hate Christmas. He is also very protective towards Yoko and gets very agitated when Yoko talks about romance, as he thinks that Yoko is too young for romance.
Video game appearances
Go-Busters video game
Ryuji as Blue Buster appears with his team in the Nintendo DS Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters video game.
- Ryuji Iwasaki/Blue Buster: to be added
- Ryuji Iwasaki/Blue Buster Powered Custom: to be added
Super Sentai Battle Base
Blue Buster is among the vast pantheon of Rangers which are available in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base, with his Powered Custom being available as well.
Super Sentai Legend Wars
Blue Buster (Powered Custom) appears with his team among all Sentai in the mobile game Super Sentai Legend Wars.
- "It's Morphin' Time!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Buster Vehicle GT-02: Blue Buster's truck
- GT-02's Animal/MegaZord Mode, GT-02 Gorilla.
Appearances: Episodes 1-50, Go-Busters Returns, Go-Busters vs. Gokaiger, Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters
- "Powered Custom! It's Morphin' Time!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
As Blue Buster uses the GB Custom Visor, Gorisaki Banana's data transfers and projects onto Blue Buster's suit to form a powerful armor based on the "protector" prototypes. Gorisaki and Blue Buster, to a degree are combined and can create stone constructs from data manifested on-grounds. Blue Buster/Gorisaki gain the attack "Gorilarge Punch" which allows Blue Buster to manifest an oversized Gorisaki fist for a supercharged punch.
Appearances: Episodes 33-34, 36, 39-42, Go-Busters Returns, 46, Go-Busters vs. Gokaiger, 47-50, Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters
Energy Management Center profile
- This profile is given in the Go-Busters credit shots in the opening sequence.
- ID: 222-458-804
- Code Name: Blue Buster
- Blood type: O
- Age: 28
The Blue Buster Ranger Key (ブルーバスターレンジャーキー Burū Basutā Renjā Kī) is a Go-Buster Ranger Key which as part of the first three Go-Busters was released as part of the "Legends" series of toys. It only exists as a toy and it is unknown if it will appear in the series. Of course as with all Ranger Keys, should it exist, it would be able to transform one, i.e. Gokai Blue, into Blue Buster.
- A copy of Blue Buster was created by Filmloid as part of a fake Go-Buster trio.
- Two Buglars were given the appearance of Blue Buster by Sprayloid 2.
Ryuji Iwasaki is portrayed by Ryouma Baba (馬場 良馬 Baba Ryōma). As a teenager, he is portrayed by Koudai Matsuoka (松岡 広大 Matsuoka Kōdai). Ryuji was briefly portrayed by Syo Jinnai (陳内 将 Jinnai Sho) in Mission 28: Beware of Chickens, when Sprayloid 2 caused his appearance to change into that of Enter, though Ryouma Baba still provided Ryuji's voice.
As Blue Buster, his suit actor is Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro), whose previous role was Gokai Green in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. Other recent roles are Gosei Red, Shinken Green, and Go-On Green.
Behind the scenes
- He is both the second gorilla-themed hero as well as the second Blue to be a gorilla, after Gouki of Seijuu Sentai Gingaman.
- Ryuji was the oldest active Sentai Ranger, until his successor arrived, 4 years older than him.
- Out of the core 3 Go-Busters, Ryuji is the only one whose Buster Power does not manifest in his legs.
- Ryuji's super-strength is similar to that of Dai of the Flashmen; his power was gained through training on the Green Star of the Flash System.
- In the Korean dub of Go-Busters entitled Power Rangers Go-Busters, which aired in South Korea, Ryuji is renamed Ryu, while he keeps his ranger name. He has the same Korean name as Souta.
- Blue Buster at the Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O official website
- Blue Buster at the Dice-O Wiki