|This article is about a/an Ranger in J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai.|
- "Dia Jack!"
- ―Dia Jack's roll call[src]
Ryu Higashi (東 竜 Higashi Ryū) is Dia Jack (ダイヤジャック Daiya Jakku) and was the original second-in-command of J.A.K.Q.. He is a former welterweight boxing champion of Japan.
- 1 History
- 2 Personality
- 3 Dia Jack
- 4 Behind the Scenes
- 5 Ranger Key
- 6 Notes
- 7 Appearances
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Falsely accused of murder by greedy boxing promoters in Las Vegas when he refused to rig a championship fight, Ryu was intercepted by Joker when he was being extradited to Japan for prosecution. Offered the choice of working for ISSIS as part of JAKQ or serving his prison sentence, Ryu reluctantly accepted Joker's offer.
J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai vs. Gorenger
To be added.
In a Sun Vulcan Issue, Battle Kenya, Dia Jack, VulEagle, DenziRed and Kirenger were shown.
Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai
Dia Jack is among the Sentai warriors seen in clips when Yusuke Amamiya (Red Falcon) lectured Gaku Washio (GaoYellow) about the past Sentai sword experts, showing him that the true sword wasn't the sharpest, but the one that feeds on courage.
Years later, Ryu fought alongside not only his own team, but every single Sentai Ranger in existence, against the Empire of Zangyack when it attacked the Earth in the Great Legend War. After fighting against hundreds of Gormin and their Zgormin commanders. Akarenger noticed the fleet moving towards them, he gathered all the Rangers together and gave them the order to sacrifice their powers to wipe out the first invasion's armada. The Dia Jack powers are later utilized by Joe Gibken via the Ranger Keys.
Farewell Space Pirates
After the Zangyack's final defeat, Marvelous returned the Ranger Keys to their original owners. It is assumed Ryuu and his teammates have their powers once again.
Super Hero Taisen
Ryuu, alongside his team, among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes, was caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident which eventually resulted in the Super Sentai teams and Kamen Riders joining forces to defeat both Dai-Zangyack and Dai-Shocker.
Zyuohger vs. Ninninger
Dia Jack appeared with his team among the first 38 Super Sentai whom collectively empowered Wild Tousai Shuriken King in its fight against the titanic Gillmarda, granting the Ninningers and Zyuohgers the power to perform the Zyuoh Ninnin Super Sentai Burst which destroyed Gillmarda with the combined power of all 40 Super Sentai.
Ryu is a rough and gruff individual who is at times very headstrong and tends to prefer working alone, though he continues to keep in touch with his former boxing partners. Ryu loves jazz music and fast cars.
As Dia Jack, Ryu's cybernetic enhancements allowed him to manipulate Electrical Energy in a variety of ways:
- Electric Cutter (エレキカッター Ereki Kattā): An electric sawblade in his right middle finger that can cut through anything.
- Dia Laser (ダイヤレーザー Daiya Rēzā): A laser in his left index finger that can cut through walls.
Dia Jack wields the Dia Sword (ダイヤソード Daiya Sōdo), an electrical-powered sword. Electrical Energy flows through the blade, allowing it to cut through anything.
Powers and Abilities
to be added
- Lightning Kick (電光キック Denkō Kikku): Dia Jack jumps and perform an Electrical-powered kick.
- Double Kick (二段キック Nidan Kikku): Dia Jack jumps and kicks two enemies at once.
- Lightning Slash (稲妻斬り Inazuma Giri): Dia Jack leaps towards the enemy and slashes them.
- Electrical X Cutter (電気エックスカッター Denki Ekkusu Kattā): Dia Jack slashes the enemy in a X-shaped pattern.
- Dia Spark (ダイヤスパーク Daiya Supāku): Dia Jack channels Electrical Energy through his sword to electrocute enemies.
- Electrical Spark (電気スパーク Denki Supāku): Dia Jack channels Electrical Energy through his sword before jamming it into the ground, electrifying it.
- Bamboo Split (唐竹割り Karatake Wari): Dia Jack slashes the enemy horizontally at high speeds.
- 6 Man Slash (6人斬り Rokuri Giri): Dia Jack spins in a circle, slashing 6 enemies in one rotation.
- Rotation Slash (回転斬り Kaiten Giri): Dia Jack spins in the air and slashes the enemy.
to be added
to be added
Behind the Scenes
- Ryu Higashi was portrayed by Tairayama Itou (伊東平山). As Dia Jack, his suit actor was Hiromichi Suzuki.
- Dia Jack wears a blue cloth suit with white arms and a sash that possess several holsters within it with a bronze-colored medal around the right side with the letter "J", representing the Jack. His gloves are blue while his boots are white in color with black cuffs. A silver belt with more holsters surround his body with the buckle for J.A.K.Q. in the center; while with a small yellow cape around his back. His helmet possesses a blue diamond representing his card suite, surrounded in a field of white. Above the Diamond is the letter "J".
- Dia Jack is featured as #54 in the 1986 archive compilation video Toei 100 Great Heroes Super Fight.
to be added
The Dia Jack Ranger Key (ダイヤジャックレンジャーキー Daiya Jakku Renjā Kī) is Ryuu Higashi's personal Ranger Key and what became of his powers after he along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
This key along with the majority of the Ranger Keys were collected by the Red Pirates and later used by the Gokaigers. The Dia Jack Ranger Key was mainly used by Joe Gibken (Gokai Blue), who used it to fight as Dia Jack.
- Alongside Marvelous, Ahim, and Don, as they became the original four Jackers while fighting Action Commander Nanonanoda.
- When the Gokaigers became JAKQ in their fight against Action Commander Zaggai.
- When the Gokaigers became JAKQ in order to use the Big Bomber cannon against Action Commander Shieldon in a vain attempt to penetrate his shield.
- As part of a bombardment of changes in the final battle with Emperor Ackdos Gill.
The J.A.K.Q. keys, along with all the Ranger Keys of the first 33 Super Sentai, were briefly taken by the Black Cross King and turned into Ranger puppets that were fought by the Gokaigers and the Goseigers. The J.A.K.Q. keys were defeated by Super Gosei Red.
After Zangyack were finally defeated, the Gokaigers gave the Ranger Keys back to their rightful owners. It is presumed that Ryuu received his key and became Dia Jack once more.
- He is the first Blue Ranger to have "ryu" in his name, and the only one to have the "dragon" kanji as a part of his name.
- His translated name in Eastern format is "East Dragon". This is a reference to the Azure Dragon (known as 青竜, Seiryu in Japan), the Dragon Guardian Spirit of the East.
- Ryu is the very first Sentai hero to use a sword in combat.
- In the Ishinomori Hero File Book, it revealed the concept designs of the JAKQ team. Dia Jack was originally intended to be the Red Ranger of the team, however, this was later changed as his color was swapped for Spade Ace's original blue color and Spade Ace became Red. 
- Ryu is the only member of his team who did not join the Super Sentai Strongest Battle
- Ryu Higashi/Dia Jack: A hot-blooded warrior empowered with electrical energy. He defeats many crimers with his natural speed and his Dia Sword.
Super Sentai Battle Base
Dia Jack is among the vast pantheon of Rangers which are available in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
Super Sentai Legend WarsDia Jack appears with his team among all Sentai in the mobile game Super Sentai Legend Wars.
- Ishinomori Hero File