|This article is about a/an ranger in Seijuu Sentai Gingaman.|
- "GingaRed! Ryouma!"
- ―GingaRed's roll call[src]
Ryouma (リョウマ Ryōma), is GingaRed (ギンガレッド Ginga Reddo), leader of the Gingamen. He is 22 years old (23 in GoGoFive vs. Gingaman and 35 in Gokaiger) and a part of the 133rd generation of Gingaman.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Gingaman
- 1.2 GoGoFive vs. Gingaman
- 1.3 Gaoranger vs Super Sentai
- 1.4 Boukenger
- 1.5 Super Sentai Versus Series Theater
- 1.6 Gokaiger
- 1.7 Super Hero Taisen
- 1.8 Super Hero Taisen Z
- 1.9 Zyuohger vs. Ninninger
- 1.10 Space Squad
- 1.11 Super Sentai Strongest Battle
- 1.12 Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger The Movie: Red Battle! All Sentai Rally!!
- 1.13 Saber + Zenkaiger: Superhero Senki
- 2 Personality
- 3 GingaRed
- 4 Behind the Scenes
- 5 Legend Sentai Devices
- 6 Notes
- 7 Appearances
- 8 See Also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Ryouma becomes GingaRed to fulfill Hyuuga's last wish. His potential is stronger than Hyuuga's. He is bright, optimistic, and hardworking. When Hyuuga returns, Ryoma offers his saber back, but he changes his mind, to Hyuuga's pleasure. His element is fire. Later, with the Lights of Ginga, Ryouma can become Super Armor Shine GingaRed (超装光ギンガレッド Chōsōkō Gingareddo).
GoGoFive vs. Gingaman
to be added
Gaoranger vs Super Sentai
GingaRed is among the Sentai warriors seen in clips when Yusuke Amamiya (Red Falcon) lectured Gaku Washio (GaoYellow) about the past Sentai sword experts, showing him that the true sword wasn't the sharpest, but the one that feeds on courage.
Led by his Liveman predecessor Red Falcon, he appeared as one of 24 previous Red Rangers in Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai together with fellow Red Rangers from his predecessors Akarenger to MegaRed to his successors GoRed and TimeRed. He had no interactions with his former teammate Gouki, who also appeared, but alongside the Dream Sentai instead.
As the twenty-second Red, GingaRed's Red Warrior Spirit was embodied by AkaRed.
Super Sentai Versus Series Theater
Ryouma's appearances in the "Versus Series", Gingaman vs. Megaranger and GoGo-V vs. Gingaman, are featured in the Super Sentai Versus Series Theater, hosted by the heroes of Tensou Sentai Goseiger. Alata (Gosei Red) also dresses as Ryouma in the Gingaman cosplay.
Years later, Ryouma fought alongside not only his own team, but every single Sentai ranger in existence, against the Empire of Zangyack when it attacked the Earth in the Great Legend War. After fighting against hundreds of Gormin and their Zgormin commanders. Kaijou noticed the fleet moving towards them, he gathered all the Rangers together and gave them the order to sacrifice their powers to wipe out the first invasion's armada. The GingaRed powers are later used by Captain Marvelous via the Ranger Keys. Ryouma is one of several rangers (portrayed by a stand-in) who could be seen in the background when the Goseigers awoke after sacrificing their powers.
The Lost Forest
Sometime later, the 35th Sentai team, the Gokaiger, venture into the Ginga Forest in search of the Great Power of the Gingamen and are confronted by Basco and his group of Ranger Key Clones (DekaMaster, Wolzard Fire and MagiMother). Captain Marvelous chooses to attack Basco and Sally, while the others fight the Key Clones. GokaiBlue, Green, Yellow and Pink are defeated by all three Clones and blasted into a ravine below.
Nearby, Ryouma hears their bodies hit the water and rescues them soon thereafter. He warns them not to overdo things after the fall, but the four brush aside his concern, stating that some things (namely their friends) were worth taxing oneself for. As they depart, a grateful Don hands Ryouma a soggy box of doughnuts and hurries off. Later, Ryouma reunites with his brother atop a hill as the Gokaigers depart in the GokaiGalleon. Ryouma doesn't trust pirates in the least, but he was willing to make an exception for them, impressed by their willingness to help one another without hesitation.
Farewell Space Pirates
After the Gokaigers defeated the Zangyack, Marvelous returned the Ranger Keys to their original owners. It is assumed Ryouma and his team have their powers back.
Super Hero Taisen
Ryouma, alongside his team (bar Hyuuga), among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes, was caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident which eventually resulted in the Super Sentai teams and Kamen Riders joining forces to defeat both Dai-Zangyack and Dai-Shocker. During the final battle, he is first seen fighting Yaiba of Darkness with KirinRanger, then Weather Dopant and Black Cross King with VulEagle, and in another scene charging at a Shocker Combatman footsoldier.
Super Hero Taisen Z
The five-man Gingaman team were among the various superheroes that came to help during the Space Shocker crisis, having been summoned by Gai Ikari. They appeared with the Livemen and Gekirangers to aid Kamen Rider Beast against a Space Shocker force led by Space Spider Man.
After Demon King Psycho was destroyed, the Gingamen appeared on a cliff alongside all the other past heroes to say goodbye to the heroes of recent years before taking their leave.
Zyuohger vs. Ninninger
GingaRed appeared as part of a conference of the first 38 Reds led by Red Falcon, whom addressed the Ninningers and Zyuohgers as the greater Super Sentai pantheon intervened to save them from defeat at the hands of the titanic Gillmarda. Empowering the Combination Nin Shuriken to form Wild Tousai Shuriken King, the first 38 Super Sentai further imbued their successors with the power to perform the Zyuoh Ninnin Super Sentai Burst, destroying Gillmarda with the combined power of all 40 Super Sentai.
Alongside Black Knight Hyuuga, GingaRed was a candidate to join the Space Squad, a combined force of Sentai and Metal Heroes assembled by the Galactic Union Police under Geki Jumonji to combat the Genmakuu crime cult.
Super Sentai Strongest Battle
Ryouma joined the Super Sentai Strongest Battle as a member of Space Team, where he partnered with Pink Flash in the first round against TimeBlue and KirinRanger of Cool Team. It’s unknown whether he won his match, but his team was eliminated either after losing the first round against the Cool Team or winning that and losing the second round against Land, Sea, Air Team.
Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger The Movie: Red Battle! All Sentai Rally!!
Though he was seemingly erased alongside his team as a result of Asmodeus’ manipulations, he and, presumably, his corresponding team were restored back into existence once Touma Kamiyama had helped Shotaro regained his passion in drawing out the superheroes that he wants to draw out.
to be added
- Height: 185 cm
- Weight: 78 kg
As GingaRed, Ryouma is able to channel the power of Earth into fire based attacks.
Powers and Abilities
to be added
- Mane of Flames (炎の鬣 Honō no Tategami): GingaRed fires a blast of fire from his hands, can be used in either his civilian or transformed form. In the beginning, Ryouma's Mane of Flames was the size of a softball and was rather weak. In the finale he performs this attack alongside Hyuuga's to destroy Zahab's damaged Star Soul Jewel. In the Legendary War, he uses this attack against a group of Gormin.
- Flame Flash (炎一閃 Honō Issen): GingaRed charges his Starbeast Sword with fire Earth energy and performs an overhead slash on his opponent.
- Fire Cut: A flaming slash performed with the Kiba blade in Kiba Cutter mode
- Two Swords Flash (二刀一閃 Nitō Issen): GingaRed charges both his Starbeast Sword and Kiba Cutter with fire energy and performs a double cross slash on his opponent
- Blazing Flames Jugeki : Charging his Beast Attack Rod with fire energy, GingaRed spins it around himself, trapping his enemy in a ring of flame before thrusting at them with his Beast Attack Rod
to be added
to be added
- Boomerang (civilian weapon)
- Ginga Brace
- Starbeast Sword
- Mechanical Blade Kiba - Kiba Cutter
- Beast Attack Rod
- Red Spark
- Mobile Steed Galeo Pulsar
Powers and Abilities
to be added
- Power Seal: GingaRed flings a ball of energy from the tip of his Flashing Starbeast Sword.
- Beast Fire Flash: Extending the claws on his left gauntlet, GingaRed charges them and his Flashing Starbeast Sword with the power of the Lights of Ginga before performing a double cross slash on his opponent.
to be added
to be added
- Beast Armor Shine GingaRed
- Flashing Starbeast Sword
- Beast Armor Claw
Behind the Scenes
- Ryouma is portrayed by Kazuki Maehara (前原 一輝 Maehara Kazuki), who reprised his role in episode 20 of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. As a child, he was portrayed by Kiminori Itō (伊藤公紀 Ito Kiminori). As GingaRed, his suit actor was Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji).
- In the Legend War depicted in episode 1 of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger and Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle, GingaRed was portrayed by an unidentified suit actor.
- In Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen, GingaRed was portrayed by an unidentified suit actor.
- In Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z, GingaRed was voiced by Yuuki Anai (穴井 勇輝 Anai Yūki) and portrayed by an unidentified suit actor. 
to be added
to be added
Legend Sentai Devices
The GingaRed Ranger Key (ギンガレッドレンジャーキー Ginga Reddo Renjā Kī) is Ryouma's personal Ranger Key and what became of his powers after he along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
This key along with the majority of the Ranger Keys were collected by the Red Pirates and later used by the Gokaigers. The GingaRed Ranger Key was mainly used by Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red), who used it to fight as GingaRed. It was also used by Gai Ikari (Gokai Silver), Ahim de Famille (Gokai Pink) and Luka Millfy (Gokai Yellow) on several occasions.
- When the Gokaigers became the Gingamen while fighting against Deratsueigar of the Imperial Guard.
- When the Gokaigers became the Gingamen while fighting against Action Commander Zaggai.
- When the Gokaigers became the Gingamen while fighting against Basco's Ranger Key Clones in the Ginga Forest.
- Gai uses this key alongside all other Red keys after being merged with Captain Marvelous by Insarn.
- Ahim became GingaRed as part of an all-lion Gokai Change which challenged Ninjaman to think of what was the connection of that change.
- Luka became GingaRed as part of an all-red Gokai Change when the Gokaigers fought against Basco's Gokai Red Ranger Key Clone while Marvelous was incapacitated.
- As part of a bombardment of changes in the final battle with Emperor Ackdos Gill.
- Luka became GingaRed in the second of two successive all-red Gokai Changes against Bangray's Dokoku Chimatsuri and Z Shin.
The Gingaman keys, along with all the Ranger Keys of the first 33 Super Sentai, were briefly taken by the Black Cross King and turned into Ranger puppets that were fought by the Gokaigers and the Goseigers. The Gingaman keys were defeated by Gokai Blue.
After Zangyack were finally defeated, the Gokaigers gave the Ranger Keys back to their rightful owners. Ryouma received his key and became GingaRed once more.
The Super Sentai Zyudenchi (スーパー戦隊獣電池 Sūpā Sentai, Super Squadron Beast Batteries), alternatively named Legend Sentai Zyudenchi (レジェンド戦隊獣電池 Rejendo Sentai Jūdenchi, Legend Squadron Beast Batteries) in the toyline, are a special line of Zyudenchi that contain the likeness of the Sentai teams before Kyoryuger (represented by the main Reds). These Zyudenchi are in the same fashion as the "Legend Rider" lines of Collectible Devices in the Kamen Rider Series.A Gingaman Zyudenchi which bears the likeness of GingaRed is part of the Legend Sentai Zyudenchi toyline which can be used in Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O.
The Legend Sentai Ressha (レジェンド戦隊レッシャー Rejendo Sentai Ressha) are Ressha based on the mecha, specifically those belonging to the Red heroes, of the ToQgers' preceding Super Sentai teams. They can form a unique combination of ToQ-Oh reminiscent of past Sentai Robos by switching with Red Ressha. The ToQ Changer toy is shown to have sounds for Legend Ressha of all 37 previous Sentai.The Gingaman Ressha (ギンガマンレッシャー Gingaman Ressha) appears as an SG Ressha.
- "22 Ban!"
- ―Sentai Gear equipping announcement after turning the handle
- "Yo! Don! Don! Don! Donburako! Gingaman!"
- ―Equipping announcement while spinning the shuriken[src]
- Before Ryouma became the official GingaRed, there was Baikanian Ginga Red of the Evil Sentai Galaxy Sentai Gingaman in Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman, who was the evil counterpart of FiveRed.
- Ryouma appeared once more within Gokaiger continuity in the Twitter farewell to the team after the final episode, Farewell Space Pirates.
- Ryouma/GingaRed: to be added
Super Sentai Battle Base
GingaRed is among the vast pantheon of Rangers which are available in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base, with his Super Armor Shine upgrade being available as well.
Super Sentai Legend Wars
GingaRed appears with his team among all Sentai in the mobile game Super Sentai Legend Wars.
- Shogakukan <Televi-kun Deluxe Favorite Edition>. (1999). "Seijuu Sentai Gingaman Super Complete Works". pp. 4-5, "GingaRed/Ryoma". ISBN 4-09-101467-4.
- Kodansha <Kodansha Series MOOK>. (2019). "Super Sentai Official Mook 21st Century 1998 Seijuu Sentai Gingaman". pp. 8-9, "Ryoma/GingaRed". ISBN 978-4-06-513647-8.