|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Beast Morphers.|
- "Great Evox. I'm humbled to make your acquaintance. They call me Ryjack. I've travelled across the galaxy to build my collection of powerful weapons from great warriors. The target of my latest quest is Grid Battleforce."
- ―Ryjack's first words when introducing himself to Evox and Scrozzle after entering the Cyber Dimension.[src]
- "AH HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR! How'd you like me now Rangers?!"
- ―Ryjack when he enlarged himself.[src]
- "No! Ahh! CURSE YOU POWER RANGERS!"
- ―Ryjack's final words before his death.[src]
Ryjack was a wanted intergalactic criminal being hunted by Captain Chaku who he eventually traced to Earth after fleeing across seven galaxies. In desperation, Ryjack fled to the Crystal Dimension where he met Scrozzle and Evox who were worried because their previous scheme had failed to acquire the rapidly diminishing Morph-X. His entire motive was killing powerful alien beings and taking their weapons to stockpile as trophies. He wished to know the location of the base and Evox offered, but only if he killed the Rangers. He was then given Vargoyle's blaster (which they had somehow found and kept despite it being involved in his explosion) as a sidearm, but he instead used his reanimator to recreate Vargoyle in a golden body. He and Vargoyle then attacked a quarry and stole a barrel of Morph-X, but the Rangers arrived and they were forced to fight. He resurrected some Putties and Vivix to fight for him and fought the Rangers. He was kicked down hard by Zoey after Ravi threw him into the air but took them out of commission with a devastating poison blast. He then left with Vargoyle after the latter took Nate and Steel's Striker Beast Blast.
At around the same time, Robo-Blaze and Robo-Roxy were resurrected by Scrozzle after being obliterated by the Striker Beast Blast whilst riding a tanker in the previous episode and were horrified to learn of Vargoyle's return. He then demanded the details of their base from Evox, but was again denied and Vargoyle was sent to destroy the remaining Rangers whilst Scrozzle deployed a Gigadrone to steal Morph-X in the hope that it would either be successful or that the divided team would allow Vargoyle to destroy the one that went after him. The scheme failed but Ryjack remained with Evox.
Using Ryjack and his foot soldiers, sometime later, he gave Evox and his army all of the Morph-X that they needed to power their systems. In the meantime, Ryjack used some Putties, Triptoids, and Vivix to break into the Ranger vault, but he was ambushed by the Rangers and Captain Chaku who obliterated his foot soldiers. He went into combat against the six of them, overwhelming them with his sword and shield but was easily overwhelmed when Chaku brought out his Laser Blade. The Rangers then summoned their Beast-X Sabers to form the Beast-X Cannons whilst Chaku charged up his weapon. They tried to destroy Ryjack with a combination of the Enforcer Strike and Beast-X Cannon Blast but he survived and managed to escape.
Back in the Crystal Dimension, Evox suggested bringing his arsenal to Earth in order to use against the Rangers but it was hidden in his spaceship (much to Robo-Blaze and Robo-Roxy's delight). Evox still tried to convince him but he refused claiming that he will "crush them like the vermin they are" and left. He went to a rooftop where Chaku and the Rangers confronted him and he tried to bring to life some support but Chaku knocked away his Reanimizer with an energy slash from his Laser Blade. Equipping his sword and shield, he overwhelmed the Rangers until Chaku kicked his shield far away from his. Devon then grabbed his arm and disarmed him before cutting him down, but Ryjack used a device to make himself grow into a giant.
The Rangers then deployed in their Beast-X Ultrazord to confront Ryjack, but was easily overwhelmed and he took out its systems. Doing this forced the Ultrazord to completely reboot since he shorted out everything which left them completely exposed. Luckily, Chaku called upon his Reptilobeast which overwhelmed Ryjack with its Enforcer Inferno. During this time, the Ultrazord recovered and allowed him to buck them into the air but were ready this time and shot him with their Ultra Beam. With the monster having now dropped his shield, they were then able to take him down with a massive drop kick. Devon then called for his Cheetah Beast Blaster and they brought down Ryjack for good with the Beast-X Ultra Strike, the monster cursing them as he exploded.
In spite of his death, Scrozzle was able to recover his Reanimizer and later used it to resurrect Sledge and his crew, Snide, and Goldar for the plan that would eventually lead into the team-up episode "Grid Connection."
Ryjack is a relentless weapons hunter who will stop at nothing to get any weapon he desires to the point of being willing to team up with other villains and risk his life to achieve his goals. He is however pretty stupid since he announced out loud that his arsenal was hidden on Earth which meant that he had outlived his value to Evox who would offer him no further support. He has an Australian accent.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Ryjack took down the Rangers with single punches and slashes from his sword as well as when he effortlessly threw aside the Beast-X Ultrazord with his horn.
- Durability: Ryjack was able to withstand punches and kicks from Devon, and a combination of three Beast-X Cannon Blasts and Captain Chaku's Enforcer Strike without even a scratch.
- Teleportation: Ryjack can teleport himself and others from one place to another.
- Teleportation Casting: Ryjack can teleport objects in a swirl of purple rings just by pointing at them which occurred when he and Vargoyle stole a Morph-X barrel.
- Expert Swordsman: Ryjack is a very skilled swordsman, being able to take on and knock down all five Rangers but seemed to be surpassed by Captain Chaku.
- Horn Infection Blast: From his horn, Ryjack can fire a powerful red blast to hit and injure his enemies, giving them a poisonous infection.
- Horn Lightning Blast: Also from his horn, Ryjack can fire red lightning blasts which is his strongest attack since it was strong enough to cause explosions, take down all five Rangers with a one head revolution, and overload the Ultrazord's systems with one blast after he bucked it to the ground.
- Darkness Generation: Ryjack can create clouds to darken the sky and try to reduce visibility for the Ultrazord.
- Sword: Ryjack is armed with a sword for combat.
- Shield: Ryjack is also armed with a shield to block attacks such as a flying punch from Chaku and the Beast-X Blasters.
- Reanimizer: Ryjack uses a reanimation device (resembling a pop gun with a funnel on the barrel) to revive past villains and foot soldiers using their objects. It was stolen by Scrozzle after his death.
- Compliance Collar: When Ryjack revived Vargoyle, he equipped him with a Compliance Collar that allowed him to control him.
- Enlarging Device: Ryjack wields a device (which resembles a diamond studded can with a large rhino horn sticking out of it) from the planet Andresia to enlarge himself. To activate it, he must pull the horned end to reveal multi-colored sparkles which will consume him and recreate his body as a giant.
- Ryjack’s Ship: The vehicle and lair of the intergalactic alien criminal Ryjack and where he keeps his collection of weapons of villains from past seasons (such as Lord Zedd's staff, Koragg's sword, Astronema's gauntlet, Psycho Red's digital card, Goldar's sword, Snide's katana, and Sledge's Crew's weapons). It self destructed when Zoey tried to enter it.
Behind the Scenes
- Ryjack was voiced by Kevin Keys.
- The reason that Ryjack was introduced was so that his Reanimizer could be used to give a reason for so many destroyed villains to return for "Grid Connection."
- In the Sentai movie the team-up borrowed footage from, Goldar and Snide's counterparts were newer enemies based upon older foes (eg Goldar Maximus was based on Neo-Grifforizer in Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters but manifested from the hatred of Dai-Satan). No such plot device existed in the movie.
- Ryjack is the first monster in the Power Rangers series to be adapted from a Metal Heroes show, in this case, Sai Doubler from Uchuu Keiji Gavan (which Rhino Doubler was modeled after). Metal Heroes was previously used as the basis for several previous Saban shows, namely VR Troopers (adapted from Uchuu Keiji Shaider, Jikuu Senshi Spielban, and Choujinki Metalder) and Big Bad Beetleborgs (adapted from both Juukou B-Fighter and B-Fighter Kabuto).
- The clouds that Ryjack apparently generated after the Beast-X Ultrazord arrived were actually connected to his plot in Go-Busters. Instead of seeking out weapons, Rhino Doubler planned to suck the entire Earth into a dimension known as Makuu Space so that the organization he worked for (Makuu) could destroy it. The clouds were merely the signs of the opening stages of this plan.
- Ryjack resembles Rhinix from Power Rangers S.P.D.
- Ryjack is the first monster to use regular Putty Patrollers since Commander Crayfish in the episode Mighty Morphin' Mutants, and the first to use Vivix since Badussa from the episode The Rangers Rock!.
- Ryjack's name is a play on hijack, which means to seize and reroute a ship or plane, usually for criminal intent.
- Ryjack had red eyes in the American version.
- Ryjack is the fourth general of Evox's generals to be destroyed.
- Ryjack is also the first of only two of Evox’s generals to grow giant, and the second character in Beast Morphers to do so overall instead of having a Gigadrone counterpart (the first being Evox himself in "Evox Upgraded.") The other was Robo-Roxy in the episode "Fossil Frenzy."
- Rhino Doubler - Super Sentai counterpart in Go-Busters. See comparison page.
- Sai Doubler - Metal Heroes counterpart in Uchuu Keiji Gavan. (original counterpart)