|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel.|
|"Hua! I’m Rygore, the master of Surprise attacks and Strategy. I’ll bamboozle them all!"|
|―Rygore’s first words after being introduced by Cosmo Royale.[src]|
|"I have a bad feeling about this!"|
|―Rygore reacting to the Clone Ninja Steel Rangers coming at him with their Steel Slash attack and his final words before his initial defeat.[src]|
|"Aah! I just need one more roll of the dice!"|
|―Rygore’s final words before his destruction.[src]|
Rygore was an Indian rhinoceros-themed member of the Galactic Ninjas and “the Ninja of Surprise Attacks and Strategy”. He was a contestant on the second season of Galaxy Warriors and the main antagonist of the episode "Caught Red-Handed."
Rygore first appears on the Galaxy Warriors stage with his fellow comrades being introduced by Cosmo Royale and takes his medallion, telling the audience he is the Ninja of Surprise Attacks and Strategy. His gimmick is using a special dice to determine which attack to use but Wolvermean is the first Galactic Ninja sent to fight the Ninja Steel Rangers.
Rygore goes to Earth to fight the Power Rangers and overwhelms them but Victor and Monty interfere (thinking that he is a rare rhino). He shoos them away and uses some exploding jacks on the Rangers but Brody throws them back at him and he is forced to retreat. He later returns when the Rangers are camping and overwhelms them once again. He survives the Ninja Blaster and Rockstorm Guitar's finishers before using his Freeze Hammer on Preston which nearly kills him. Realizing that they does not have enough power to end this battle, Brody uses the Ninja Clone Star to generate six clones of the team. They then use their sidearms and Rockstorm Guitar to power up their Ninja Star Blades into a variation of the Steel Slash which critically wounds Rygore. Brody then powers into Lion Fire Mode and defeats Rygore with the Lion Fire Flame Strike Final Attack. He gets gigantified by Cosmo so they summon the Ninja Steel Ultrazord. Rygore rolls a two which allows his to perform his Mega Firecracker Explosion but is destroyed by the Ninja Ultrazord Blast Final Attack before he can use it.
Despite his death, Rygore's medallion is then taken by Madame Odius to power her evil Zord, Foxatron which deploys immediately after Rygore's demise and defeats the Ultrazord. Though the Megazords are destroyed and thier Zord Stars rendered unusable, the Ninja Blaze Megazord soon destroys it and Rygore's Medallion.
Despite being a self proclaimed "Master of Suprise Attack and Strategy", Rygore had a brutish demeanor and a somewhat dim witted voice. He was very loyal to his team but he is also quite brutish. He was also a skilled fighter, using his weapons to destroy the Rangers but his sense of pride and power ultimately lead to his death.
Powers and Abilities
- Armor/Hide: Rygore was unfazed by the combined Ninja Blast and Rockstorm Blast and the Clone Ranger variant of the Steel Slash. The only attacks capable of piercing it were the Lion Fire Flame Strike and Ninja Ultrazord Blast.
- Teleportation: Rygore could teleport to any location at will in a giant yellow energy streak.
- Strength: Due to his enormous size, Rygore had immense physical strength as he was shown easily throwing the Rangers to the ground.
- Weapon Summoning-After rolling a certain number on his dice, Rygore was able to summon various weapons out of thin air.
- Build-up-Rygore required time to execute his Mega Firecracker Explosion which allowed the Ninja Steel Rangers to defeat him.
- Ninja Medallion: Like all Galactic Ninjas, Rygore had a medallion to boost his powers which granted him the ability to have multiple attacks to choose from (decided by his dice).
- Sword: Like all Galactic Ninjas, Rygore had a sword similar to the ones the Rangers have.
- Twin Sai: Rygore's primary weapons when he was not using his dice.
- Deflection: Rygore could deflect energy attacks aside with his sai.
- Dice: Rygore had a dice to decide which of his different attacks he should use on the Rangers like:
- Ninja Kettle: A kettle used to scald the Rangers with hot steam upon rolling a three.
- Exploding Jacks: Rygore could throw green, yellow, and orange colored explosives jacks at the Rangers from a leather bag upon rolling a four.
- Freeze Hammer: A hammer used to stop the Rangers in their tracks upon rolling a five and could cause severe harm.
- Mega Firecracker Explosion: A powerful attack that would be performed upon rolling a two. This was presumably his strongest attack but what it looks like and how effective it would be is unknown because the Rangers destroyed him before he could perform it.
Behind the Scenes
- Rygore was voiced by Charlie McDermott and his voice was identical to Bigs' voice from Megaforce and Cat O'Clock’s from Ninja Steel.
- Rygore was visibly supposed to be a rhino in knight-like armor with the weaponry of a samurai.
- His name came from the words rhino and gore.
- Rygore was the second Galactic Ninja to be destroyed.
- Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel