|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
|"The Rangers are right where we want them."|
|―Roostafa's first words.[src]|
|―Roostafa upon growing giant.[src]|
|―Roostafa's final words before his reversion to a Sporix Egg.[src]|
Over 65 million years ago, Roostafa and the other Sporix Beasts invaded Rafkon, the home planet of Zayto. Though he and his fellow Knights of Rafkon fought hard, the Sporix ravaged Rafkon and removed all traces of life from the planet. The Sporix then turned their attention to Earth but Zayto and the remaining Knights had managed to escape Rafkon and tracked the Sporix Beasts to Earth where they engaged them in battle with the help of the dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures.
Roostafa hatches off-screen and is soon found presumabbly by either Mucus or Void Knight. He is first seen spying on the Rangers' plan on camping in the woods with Mucus and they decide to tell Void Knight knowing he will create a plan knowing the Rangers are far from the city. He later accompanies Void Knight and Mucus to the forest to launch a balloon Void Knight created that will shut off the Rangers' communications and teleportation thanks to a disruptor inside to make sure they can't get in his way. Roostafa explains Void Knight's plan to a care-free Mucus who has gotten carried away with cakes whilst telling her to stay focused. He appears to be annoyed when Mucus got the balloon stuck. Later when the Rangers arrived, he engaged in battle against them and tells Mucus to hurry up on freeing the balloon. Once the balloon is freed by Mucus and activated, he quickly teleports away alongside his companions to the city.
He is later shown near a water fountain as Mucus retrieves a Sporix and picks up on her comment on how Sporix like cool, shady places. He tries showing his usefulness by pointing out some shady trees to check out, but is shot down by Void Knight for giving him a sarcastic retort. Later on, the Rangers arrive to find him, Mucus and Void Knight. He answers Zayto's chicken crosses the road joke and later fights against the Rangers. He first fights against Izzy who overpowers him with her quick slashes and reflexes and dodges his attacks while Void Knight deals with Javi. Later, he switches opponents with Void Knight who then fights Izzy and Roostafa switches to fight Javi. He is doing much better against the other Garcia sibling with Roostafa throwing Javi around. Later on Void Knight's command, Roostafa grows giant and fights against the Rangers' Megazord (Zayto, Ollie and Amelia). He isn't doing well against them because he gets slashed multiple times until he uses his flight ability, allowing his Beak Blasts to deliver major damage to them. This necessitates the Rangers to use the Dino Fury Megazord Fortress Formation to protect them against Roostafa's blasts which succeeds. Frustrated, Roostafa flies down realizing his strategy is no longer useful against them. Due to Void Knight escaping, Izzy and Javi join the fight by summoning the Tiger Claw and Stego Spike Zords to attack Roostafa, knocking him down easily before forming the Dino Fury Megazord Warrior Formation. With the combined Megazord in front of him, Roostafa flies up in the air again to blast them but before he has his chance, the Dino Mega Slash sends him flying down to the ground, defeating him and changing him back into his Sporix form. Mucus later finds his Sporix and tries take it, but the Rangers manage to teleport in with Ollie grabbing his Sporix first, forcing her to retreat.
Roostafa's Sporix is seen alongside Vypeera, Draknarok, Smashstone, and the one Boomtower took when Slyther tries to take them from the Rangers' containment unit. Later on, his likeness is used by the new general to battle the Rangers' Megazord though he loses it after being defeated by the Dino Mega Blast, which destroys this disguise.
Roostafa appeared to be very serious on the mission as he did not tolerate Mucus being annoying or failing to listen to Void Knight's directions. When Void Knight's balloon was trapped underneath some trees, Roostafa offered a solution to throw Mucus up to dislodge the balloon, showing his lack of concern for her well-being. Despite proving to be smarter than Mucus, he didn't appear to be the most logical as Void Knight made a sarcastic comment when Roostafa pointed out the obvious on where they should look for Sporix.
Powers and Abilities
- Teleportation: Roostafa could teleport to any location in a purple energy streak.
- Flight: Roostafa could use his arms to lift himself off the ground and achieve flight.
- Beak Blast: Roostafa could fire purple laser blasts from his beak-like mouth.
- Enlarging: Like most Sporix Beasts, Roostafa could enlarge himself using the energy he gained in battle over time.
- Roostafa had no abilities.
- Roostafa had no weaknesses.
- Right Sickle Hand: Roostafa had a sickle blade for his right hand.
- Left Mace Hand: Roostafa had a spiked mace for his left hand.
Behind the Scenes
- Roostafa was voiced by Tom Kane.
- Kane is not to be confused with the actor of the same name who is famously the voice of Admiral Yularen as well as the narrator of Star Wars The Clone Wars.
- Roostafa's appearance was based off of a cockatrice, a mythological beast that is a cross between a rooster and a dragon.
- Roostafa’s name was a play on the name "rooster" (being what a cockatrice is inspired by) and the male name "Mustafa".
- Like his Japanese equivalent, Roostafa resembles a rebuilt, repainted, and modified version of Doomsnake. Both Sporix Beasts were featured in back-to-back episodes, coincidentally.
- With the exception of his two Megazord fights (one of which was Slyther using his likeness), the rest of his footage was completely exclusive for Power Rangers.
- This is because they needed Roostafa's footage to fit the episode's plot to have him fight alongside Void Knight which does not happen in Ryusoulger as Gaisoulg debuted much later than the destruction of Roostafa's counterpart.
- Roostafa was the first Sporix Beast to have his Sporix Egg grabbed by Ollie and the first to be mimicked by another character as Slyther transformed into him to battle the Rangers' Megazord before being defeated.
- The reason for this was due to Roostafa's Sentai counterpart being a two-part episode monster but only footage from part one was used for Roostafa himself for the sake of seasonal pacing. As such, the first Megazord fight footage was given to Slyther to fill in time given Roostafa was already defeated in the second Megazord fight footage.
- Power Rangers Dino Fury