|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive.|
|""Kick into Overdrive! Yellow Ranger!""|
Ronny Robinson is one of the main protagonists of Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive. She is a professional race-car driver who becomes the Yellow Operation Overdrive Ranger, the Yellow Ranger of the Overdrive Rangers.
Ronny was a top race car driver of worldwide fame, and had just won a championship in Italy when Andrew Hartford contacted her. Meeting with Will Aston, Dax Lo, Rose Ortiz and Mack Hartford, Ronny was informed that she was one of those chosen to become Power Rangers and find the five jewels of the Corona Aurora. Ronny and the others were skeptical about the idea of being superheroes but the Sentinel Knight convinced them that they were the only hope of the world. Ronny was a good friend with other Power Rangers and they came through numerous fantastic adventures. Although she is a capable Ranger, she has served the damsel in distress 3 times in the series. She was first captured by Mig and Cheetar, who stole her Overdrive Tracker to free their brothers from the Prison Mirror but managed to free herself when Tyzonn got her tracker back to her. She was later captured twice by Moltor, Mig and Benglo, who intended to use her life energy to power Moltor's Cybernetic Rex, but was saved by Will before her energy was completely drained. After finishing their mission as Rangers in the finale of the season, Ronny again became a top race car driver and continued winning championship and seeking fame.
Ronny and the other Overdrive Rangers returned as part of the army of Legendary Rangers that helped the Mega Rangers defeat the Armada once and for all, fighting in a huge battle against hundreds of X Borgs and dozens of Bruisers.
Video Game Appearances
Power Rangers Key Scanner
Ronny as Yellow Overdrive Ranger, appears in the app videogame Power Rangers Key Scanner, amoung various other Rangers teams.
Power Rangers Dash
Ronny along with the other Overdrive Rangers as well among all the Ranger teams which appear in the Korean-developed mobile game Power Rangers Dash.
Ronny was an enthusiastic and bold person. She showed a tendency of never giving up, even when everything looked bad. She was also highly competitive; she annoyed the other Rangers by repeatedly showing off when beating them at games, and had to be taught that winning isn't everything. However, she also understood that when it came to fighting evil, failure was not an option.
She shows extreme joy when faced with the vehicles the Overdrive team will use and attempts to act as driver as much as possible; when exploring areas once morphed, she can be extremely excitable.
Ronny was also a loyal friend. It was her who convinced Tyzonn that he should join the team, explaining to him that the deaths of his previous team were not his fault.
She used to have a pair of lucky socks that she'd worn for every race and that had never been cleaned ever; the smell was strong enough to stagger Blothgaar. She lent the socks to Mack to counteract his bad luck, but after he stopped using them, Spencer cleaned them, much to Ronny's dismay.
- Super Speed: Ronny is capable of moving at speeds faster than the worlds finest athlete. Everything in motion appears to slow down to her. Her exact speed limit is unknown. This power ties in with her racer status.
Yellow Overdrive Ranger
Appearances: OO Episodes 1-28, 30-32 SM Episodes 20 & LBEV
Morph and Roll Call
The Yellow Overdrive Ranger Key is Ronny’s personal Ranger Key. This key along with the majority of the Core Ranger Keys are seen lining the Command Center's interior walls. This key is mainly used by Gia Moran (Super Megaforce Yellow) who uses it to fight as the Yellow Overdrive Ranger. Although it has not been used, it has been seen in the Scanner app and the toyline.
Behind the Scenes
- Ronny is played by Caitlin Murphy. In Super Sentai footage from Boukenger, her suit actors were Yūichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi) & Shoji Hachisuka (蜂須賀 昭二 Hachisuka Shoji). Her suit actors in US/NZ footage are Jun Yamashita (山下純 Yamashita Jun) and Kazuhiro Yokoyama (横山 和博 Yokoyama Kazuhiro).
- From 2007 to 2010, the Overdrive Yellow Ranger was a part of the Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade at Disney-MGM Studios. All of the Rangers were removed after Disney sold the franchise back to Saban.
- A cast sheet for a series lists Ronny's full name as "Veronica", though this is never stated in the series.
- Despite the negative reception Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive received, Ronny was well-liked by fans, along with Mack.
- Her power of super speed actually is ironic, considering her Sentai Counterpart, Natsuki, is called the "Strong Adventurer" of the group, and thus preferred power over speed.