|This article is about a/an monster in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.|
- ―Rokurokubi's first words when she joins Kappa after he avoided Muteki Shogun's blade.[src]
- ""Honey! At least we could pass away together...Darling!"
- ―Rokurokubi when her and Kappa's spirits were going into the skies to explode and her final words[src]
Rokurokubi is Kappa's wife whose octopus-like head can detach from her body.
Posing as a young Woman in Sunglasses (サングラスの女 sangurasu no onna) who can extend her neck, Rokurokubi used an arcade building at the Tokyo Amusement Park as a front to make a living. However, she kidnapped Seikai and a youth who reminds her of her long dead son. When the Kakurangers intervene, keeping up with Nekomaru before it eludes her, Rokurokubi's head enlarged to fight Red Saruder while her body battled the other Kakurangers. But when the body was destroyed by NinjaWhite qith her Kakure Style: K Slash, Rokurokubi was dying as a result before being destroyed in the explosion brought by Kappa's death.
Rokurokubi reappeared, along with all the other defeated Youkai, within the Seal Door after their master Daimaou was finally contained there by the Kakurangers. Reeling that they were now powerless in captivity, the Youkai all vowed that they would one day be reborn and regain their power, cursing humanity.
Rokurokubi, while pleasant in her human guise working at an arcade, she is in fact rather delusional and violent. She mistakes human children for her long dead child, and reacts violently when they try to flee, or others take them. Nonetheless, she loves her husband dearly and will come to his aid.
Modus and Arsenal
- Detachable head.
- Her human form and voice where played by Keiko Suzuka .
Behind the Scenes
- Like most of Kakurangers Youkai, she is based on a Japanese mythological creature, although the squid motif is the invention of the producers.
- Unlike the other Youkai, Rokurokubi's name is a bit of a misnomer when in her transformed state, as her monster form is based on a relative of the Rokurokubi instead of the Rokurokubi itself, being based off of the Nukekubi. Although, in her human form, her neck does stretch like a Rokurokubi.
- Rokurokubi at Wikipedia