The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|This article is about a/an concept in the Super Sentai and Power Rangers franchises.|
Retooling is a form of repurposing used in television production and toy production that involves modifying an existing design (and not simply recoloring it as in redeco) to create new concepts or characters.
Examples of retools in Super Sentai Series
- Power Rangers Dino Force Brave, a sequel to Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger utilizes a number of retools.
- Brave TyrannoKing is a retool of Kamitsuki Gattai Kyoryuzin: Cannontyra is a retool of Zyudenryu Gabutyra with added gattling gun. Forkkera is a retool of Zyudenryu Dricera with added shovel. Stegotoup is a retool of Zyudenryu Stegotchi with added chainsaw.
- Parasaizer is a redeco of Zyudenryu Parasagun with a cannon added to its mouth. Raptorax is a retool of Zyudenryu Zakutor which replaces the splitting claw tail for a battle ax.
- Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger
to be added
Examples of retools in Power Rangers
- Rita Repulsa's costume was retooled for the live stage shows, with purple coloring and a redesigned breastplate.
- A-Squad Rangers helmets are retooled Space Rangers helmets, with added vents on top.
- Time Force Red's costume was mildly retooled for Officer Tate's Ranger costume with minor additions.
- Anubis Cruger can be viewed as a retool of Doggie Kruger, with a more reptilian take on the original design.
- Mele's breast armor was retooled for Camille, as the chameleon eye breasts were a bit risque for American kids' TV.
- Cosmo Royale is a retool of Baron Nero with a new head.
- The Beast-X King Morpher is a retool of the Beast-X Morpher, as it has a new design with a lion head on the key part.
- A Retooled version of the Transtek Armor was released as part of Samurai's Zordbuilder Toyline
Examples of retools to other shows
- The helmets of the VR Troopers Battle Grid Mode costumes are all retooled TyrannoRanger/Red Mighty Morphin Power Ranger helmets.
to be added
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.