This article would be much better if it had a picture to go with it, another picture in addition to the one(s) it has, or a better version of a picture it has now. If you have one, won't you upload it?
|Reason: current image is watermarked|
|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Wild Force.|
- "I am Retinax. I was leader of Master Org's guard and his personal bodyguard! Once I defeat you, I can return to his service."
- ―Retinax introducing himself to the Wild Force Rangers and explaning his plan to them.[src]
Retinax was a one-eye-themed General Org and bodyguard to Master Org.
Retinax is a Multi-Eyed (He has eyes even in his main eye and the large eye on his left shoulder) Org that was the original Master Org's personal bodyguard. Following the original Master Org's destruction, Retinax wandered the Earth in shame for a millennia, believing he had failed in his duty as a protector to his master.
He was later found by Toxica and Jindrax, who told him Master Org had returned. Seeking to redeem himself, Retinax attempted to destroy the Rangers, calling upon the assistance of the Freezer Org for assistance. His plan to freeze the Kongazord through Freezer Org's suicide attack succeeded, and the Rangers were beaten into submission so that the Orgs could obtain their animal crystals. However, the timely arrival of the newly hatched Soul Bird dashed any hopes of his victory, as it unfroze the Kongazord and restored the Rangers' powers. The crystals were stolen back from the Orgs by the Rangers, and Retinax was summarily defeated by the Red Ranger. But in retaliation, he gigantified himself to bring wrath down on his opponents. This resulted in a giant battle between the now unfrozen Kongazord and Retinax, who initially overpowered the machine. However, by using the Soul Bird to power the Kongazord, the fight tipped towards the Rangers' favor, as the Kongazord proceeded to overpower the General Org. He was summarily defeated when the Wild Force Megazord was formed shortly after, using its new finisher, the Soul Bird Cannon, to finish him off.
- ""Wait. Who are you?""
- ―Retinax when he failed to recognise Master Org and his final words before his destruction[src]
By chance, Retinax survived the full force of the Soul Bird Cannon, but was severely weakened. He was then discovered by Dr. Viktor Adler, who had obtained Master Org's powers and disguised himself as the original Master Org. Having served as the original Master Org's personal bodyguard, Retinax knew he was not the original Master Org, and inquired Dr. Adler about his identity, only to be destroyed in response.
Retinax was later resurrected with the other face-themed General Orgs, Nayzor and Mandilok, to defend the pillars used in the Org Heart ceremony. Along with the other two General Orgs, he was defeated in the clash between the Jungle Blaster's Savage Blast and the Nexus Blade's Evil Slash, which resulted in the Rangers prevailing and destroying the three General Orgs once again.
- "He's freezing himself in order to freeze the Megazord. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten! "
- ―Retinax to Freezer Org as he froze himself to freeze the Kongazord[src]
Of the three Org Generals, Retinax was the most loyal to Master Org, being the bodyguard, he will do what ever he can to make his master proud, and will stop at nothing to destroy the Power Rangers and rule the Earth. He was also capable of acknowledging the worth of his fellow Orgs even if they were ranked beneath him, as seen when he explicitly honored Freezer Org's sacrifice to neutralize the Kongazord.
Powers and Abilities
- "RHAAL! Now all of you will face the wrath of Retinax!"
- ―Retinax after enlarging himself.[src]
Being Master Org's second-in-command general, Retinax was one of the strongest and most powerful villains in Wild Force, being driven by undying loyalty to the Org cause and to his master. In the episode "Soul Bird Salvation", Retinax proved so formidable a foe that it took the power of the Soul Bird to bring him down for the first time.
- Strength: Retinax was indeed a powerful Org in terms of physical strength; in the episode "Soul Bird Salvation", he was powerful enough to overpower all five Wild Force Rangers, and initially overpower the Kongazord without the Soul Bird.
- Durability: Retinax was also highly durable; in the episode "Soul Bird Salvation" he took hard hitting blows from the Kongazord without suffering much of a scratch, and even the Soul Bird Cannon failed to kill him.
- Size Changing: Unlike most Orgs, who require Toxica's magic beams to grow to massive size, Retinax can change his size at will by breaking apart his body and then reforming it into a much bigger form.
- Laser Blast: Retinax can fire a green and red colored laser blast from his main hand.
- Lightning Vision: Retinax can fire red-colored lightning beams from his main eye. He can also fire a strong red colored laser with red electricity around it from his main eye powerful enough to completely ruin the Kongazord and take it out with one blast.
- Arm Extension: Retinax can extend his arms to wrap around enemies.
- Org Eye Axe: To aid in combat, Retinax uses an axe with an eye embedded in it, it was a very powerful weapon, in the episode "Soul Bird Salvation", it was powerful enough to hold back the Rangers' Jungle Sword Savage Slash Attack.
- Lightning Beam: Retinax can also fire red colored lightning beams from his axe.
- Nexus Blade Formation: This axe was also used in the formation of the Nexus Blade as well.
Behind the Scenes
- Retinax is portrayed by Michael Sorich.
- Out of the three General Orgs, Retinax' role in the series was the most reduced when compared to Shuten, his Gaoranger counterpart, who was in charge of the Orgs during the first part of the series, unlike Retinax, who only appeared in two episodes of Wild Force.
- He is one of only three Orgs in the series shown to be able to grow to giant size on his own, without the help of magic seeds, with the other two being Master Org and Zen-Aku. Although Onikage did appear to grow large without the use of magic seeds in his first appearance, it was later revealed to be just an illusion.
- In Star Trek there is a mention of a fictional drug, the Retinax, used for people who have sight problems like short-sighting.