|This article is about a/an villain in Gekisou Sentai Carranger.|
- "I am the one who turned Signalman evil and sent him to Errrth! I am the puppet master of evil, bending the universe to my whim! I am the puppetmaster of all evil, bending the universe to my whim! Biker Lord Exhaus! Hear me, Biker Gang Bykergang... you must regain your evil confidence."
- ―Exhaus revealing himself to the Bowzock when they were feeling down about thier as many newspapers were mocking and deriding them.[src]
- "Fine work, Bykergang. Beginning today, the Baribarian will be an intergalactic space dump. With the Carranger gone, Bykergang no longer serves any purpose for me! Indeed. And things which lack purpose should be tossed out. You are garbage. I will use this garbage for another purpose, you are to be blasted at Errrth, where the burning energy of the flames will cause it to burst like a rocket."
- ―Exhaus when he betrayed the Bowzock with the second part coming after Zelmoda asked for confirmation that they were now no longer needed.[src]
- "Did you really think Biker Lord Exhaus would fall so easily? FOOLS! I have gathered the evil power sown throughput the cosmos to revive as Exhaus Super Strong!"
- ―Exhaus revealing his survival and transformation into Exhaus Super Strong.[src]
- "Damn you! My evil intergalactic highway plan is not yet completed...I cannot die!"
- ―Exhaus after Gynamo forcibly shrunk him.[src]
- "My evil intergalactic highway plan...!"
- ―Reckless Dash Emperor Exhaus' final words before his death.[src]
Reckless Dash Emperor Exhaus (暴走皇帝エグゾス Bōsōgōtei Eguzosu, 35-48) is the true villain of Gekisou Sentai Carranger, who is the true leader of the Universal Reckless Driving Tribe Bowzock as it's primary beneficiary. His ultimate plan is to build a giant road across the Milky Way Galaxy, and to destroy Earth because it was in the way of the construction. Exhaus appears as a massive being in space, so large that he can hold the Bowzock's entire orb-like satellite in the palm of his hand. Though he initially does not tell the Bowzock of the plan (merely assisting them due to their own desires to blow up Earth), he does so eventually to gain their support, telling them that with more roads, they would possess more area to run amuck.
Exhaus' origins are unknown but he appears to be the reason why the Bowzock began destroying planets in the first place since he disguised himself as "Suzogue" (Exhaus backwards in Japanese), a fortune-teller who sends Gynamo a post-card about the good luck he and his squadron would have by destroying planets. With this belief, the Bowzock begin destroying planets as they rampage throughout the universe, clearing away space for Exhaus' eventual super-highway.
Exhaus initially shows influence indirectly in-story by covering Planet Police in a noxious gas which warps Signalman's mind and makes his son, Sigtarou, sick. Exhaus' scheme was both to have Signalman turn against the Carranger while likewise giving the Bowzock a new ally to assist in the Earth's destruction. After Signalman is saved by the Carranger and Dapp, he emerges to the Bowzock personally and begins to give them special weaponry to take the heroes down, including several giant robots to use on the Earth's protectors.
Figuring out that the power of a Hazardian gave the Carranger their Carmagic power, Exhaus fully reveals his highway project to the Bowzock to get them on his side in kidnapping Dapp to drain him of the power using a machine that transformed it into "Akumagic Power" (an evil version of Carmagic). Though nearly succeeding, Dapp and the Carranger ultimately work together to have the alien overload the mechs with Carmagic, malfunctioning them and ultimately taking them out.
Upon discovering a once-in-a-million years phenomenon where the constellations protecting the five car constellations that provide the Carmagic to the Carranger are weakened, Exhaus manipulates the Carranger and Bowzock into battle while he steals the five constellations, taking away the Carranger's power and allowing them to easily be defeated by the gang. However, whilst they destroyed the Pegasus Garrage with bombs, he filled the Baribarian with rubbish. When they returned, he ultimately betrayed the Bowzock with the Carranger finally done for, seeing them as merely garbage of the universe with no further use and sending them and their Baribarian satellite to Earth to blow both up at the same time, which is ultimately stopped by Sirender. After the Bowzock and Carranger finally make peace by way of Vanity Mirror Fanbelt, the Carrangers personally smash the Baribarian into Exhaus in order to seemingly stop him and take back the car constellations and, likewise, their Carmagic.
Unfortunately after the attack, Exhaus was able to survive by absorbing the evil energies of the entire universe into his body to assume a fighting form, Exhaus Super-Strong (エグゾス・スーパーストロング Eguzosu Sūpā Sutorongu). In this form he seemed unbeatable, wrecking both VRV Robo and RV Robo and able to heal away any attack that goes through him. However, he was finally stopped by being fed stale imo-youkan by President Gynamo, causing him to weaken and shrink to human size so he could be finished off by the Carrangers. Using the Crew Magic attack, where the whole team turn into thier RV Vehicles and tear through the enemy, the Carrangers obliterate Exhaus' body in an instant. His soul then flew up into vast outer space where he turns into dust alongside his highway, bringing the threat posed by the Bowzock to an end once and for all.
The Emperor is traitorous, ruthless, sadistic, cruel, and insane by nature. Desiring power, he is willing to do whatever it takes to get it. He is also arrogant and egomaniacal, considering others to be garbage of the universe, while also possessing a god complex, viewing himself as superior than everyone else.
Powers and abilities
Though the true extent of Exhaus' abilities will never be known, he was shown to be able to corrupt an entire planet to evil and destroying entire planets at will. As Exhaus Super Strong, the evil energy he sent throughout the universe makes Carmagic useless against him and any wound dealt to him will be healed instantly. Attack wise, he can fire devastating red lightning from his mouth and his strongest attack seems to be where he draws evil orange energy from the cosmos to fire three energy balls from his chest that took out RV Robo with one hit. His most dangerous ability though seems to be absorbing constellations out of the universe as seen with the CarMagic constellations.
Behind the Scenes
- His name is derived from "exhaust pipe."
- Exhaus' plan to blow up the Earth to make way for an interstellar highway is a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy since that was the main villain (Vogon Jeltz's) goal in that series.
- The viewers never actually find out why Exhaus wants to build a highway beyond it being a childhood dream.
- The fact that he appears larger than even planets made him similar to Marvel's Fantastic Four villain Galactus. Like Galactus, he also wanted to destroy planets.
- However, he of course, has a different objective to Galactus, who only wanted to eat them for energy whereas Exhaus wants to make the univere's biggest highway for some reason.
- While only his Exhaus Super-Strong form was seen in Power Rangers Turbo, mainly due to most of the footage of his default form just being him standing around and gesturing his hands, his original form was seen when Goldgoyle first appears on Earth.
- Divatox - Power Rangers counterpart in Power Rangers Turbo. See comparison page. (as the main antagonist of the series)
- Goldgoyle - Power Rangers counterpart in Power Rangers Turbo. See comparison page. (Only uses the Super Strong costume)