|This article is about a/an array of morphing device implements in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.|
They are mysterious special items which appeared after the 34 past Sentai teams sacrificed their powers. They were dispersed all over the universe. The group known as the Red Pirates, consisting of AkaRed, Marvelous, and Basco ta Jolokia, knowing that with them they would find the Greatest Treasure in the Universe, collected them and put them in a chest in the Gokai Galleon. Basco betrayed the two, wanting the Keys and the Treasure for himself, conspiring with Zangyack to attack the ship. AkaRed gave the Ranger Key chest to Marvelous before departing. It's unknown where the Gokaiger Ranger Keys originated from, except for Gokai Silver's Ranger Key, which was said to be created from the combined powers of the 3 deceased Rangers who gave it to him.
However, it was revealed that they did not find them all, as Basco found the Keys of the Sixth Rangers afterwards. These Keys were later taken by the Gokaigers, but Basco revealed that he had keys of the Extra Rangers and Extra Heroes as well. Once again, these Keys were later taken by the Gokaigers.
Kai Ozu revealed that to obtain the Greatest Treasure, the full power of the keys of all 34 Sentai teams must be unlocked. Normally stored in their chest called the Gokai Treanger Box (ゴーカイトレンジャーボックス Gōkai Torenjā Bokkusu), or in a Gokai Buckle, the Ranger Keys fold to form a key which can allow the user to become a Gokaiger or access the powers of one of the previous 34 Sentai groups by using it on the Mobilates. By using it on the weapons it can activate a Final Wave (ファイナルウェイブ Fainaru Weibu) attack. Basco can summon manifestations of Sixth Rangers and Extra Heroes by putting the keys in his magic trumpet and playing it. Though the Ranger Keys are kept in the chest on the Gokai Galleon, the Gokaigers can use them on Earth thanks to a link in their bucklers set-up by Navi, in which the desired key will appear.
Aside from the Gokaiger Keys, the other Ranger Keys are not specific to any of the five Gokaigers. While the Gokaigers primarily transform into a previous Super Sentai hero of their color, the Gokaigers can use a Ranger Key of any color.
When their representative color was not on on the previous team, the Gokaigers can transform into the closest analog. For example, if the Gokaigers were to transform into the Gaorangers, Gokai Green would transform into GaoBlack and Gokai Pink would transform into GaoWhite.
If the gender of is different from the orginal, the Gokaiger's transformed suit will match the style used by their gender. For example, when Gokai Blue and Gokai Yellow transform into MagiBlue and MagiYellow in episode 1, the MagiBlue suit is in the male Magiranger style and the MagiYellow suit in the female style. However, certain teams (Gorenger, Battle Fever, Goggle V, Dynaman, Fiveman, and Dekaranger) did not feature any real difference on the suits between the Rangers, since there is no gender difference design from that team.
The Ranger Keys are also compatible with the control helms for GokaiOh and GoZyuJin, allowing the two mecha to gain access to an unlocked Greater Power through the Ranger Keys.
The Ranger Keys can also activate a Ranger's Super Mode if they had one. The only exception to this was Armed TyrannoRanger, as Gai, as DragonRanger, had to give Marvelous the Dragon Armor the same way Burai did to Geki.
If the original Sentai Rangers comes into contact with their respective Ranger Keys, the keys will glow and they will automatically regain their powers and transform, removing the Ranger Key from existence. Conversely, a Ranger who has regained their powers this way can voluntarily relinquish them and transform the powers back into a Ranger Key, allowing the Gokaigers to use them once again.
After their final battle with Zangyack Empire, all of the Ranger Keys were returned to their rightful owners, restoring the power of the 34 previous Sentai.
Despite that, the Gokaigers later manage to retrieve the Ranger Keys, as shown when Marvelous used some of them to transform into several Sentai members to battle Kamen Riders (Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen) and on an adventure with the Go-Busters wherein it is shown that the Gokaigers borrow the Ranger Keys from their predecessors from time to time. They also later on start borrowing the keys of Super Sentai that followed them, when the need arises.
- 1 Core Ranger Keys
- 2 Gokai Silver's Ranger Keys
- 3 Extra Ranger/Extra Hero Keys
- 4 Other Keys
- 5 Combined Ranger Keys
- 6 Non-Super Sentai Ranger Keys
- 7 Toyline-exclusive Ranger Keys
- 8 Ranger Keys by Preference
- 9 Behind the Scenes
- 10 Notes
- 11 Appearances
- 12 See Also
- 13 References
Core Ranger Keys
Gokaiger series keys
These keys were found by AkaRed and the Red Pirate Gang sometime after the Great Legend War in the hopes of finding the Greatest Treasure in the Universe and returning the powers of the Super Sentai 199. The keys were later given to Captain Marvelous to keep away from Basco and the forces of the Space Empire Zangyack. Some time later, Captain Marvelous formed the 35th Super Sentai, the Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.
- Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Ranger Keys (海賊戦隊ゴーカイジャーレンジャーキー Kaizoku Sentai Gōkaijā Renjā Kī): These keys are the main Ranger Keys used by the Gokaigers. They can also be used in GokaiOh to execute the Gokai Star Burst finisher. When these keys are used along with the Gokai Silver Key, they summon the Kanzen Soul, allowing GokaiOh, GoZyuJin, and Engine Machalcon to combine into Kanzen GokaiOh.
- Gokai Red Key (ゴーカイレッドキー Gōkai Reddo Kī): Captain Marvelous' personal Ranger Key that allows him to transform into Gokai Red.
- Gokai Blue Key (ゴーカイブルーキー Gōkai Burū Kī): Joe Gibken's personal Ranger Key that allows him to transform into Gokai Blue.
- Gokai Yellow Key (ゴーカイイエローキー Gōkai Ierō Kī): Luka Millfy's personal Ranger Key that allows her to transform into Gokai Yellow.
- Gokai Green Key (ゴーカイグリーンキー Gōkai Gurīn Kī): Don Dogoier's personal Ranger Key that allows him to transform into Gokai Green.
- Gokai Pink Key (ゴーカイピンクキー Gōkai Pinku Kī): Ahim de Famille's personal Ranger Key that allows her to transform into Gokai Pink.
- Himitsu Sentai Gorenger Ranger Keys (秘密戦隊ゴレンジャーレンジャーキー Himitsu Sentai Gorenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Gorengers or summon the Variblune and combine with GokaiOh to form Goren GokaiOh. Note: These keys are generally used whenever both Gokaiger weapons are used for a Final Wave finisher alongside the Gokaigers' own keys.
- J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai Ranger Keys (ジャッカー電撃隊レンジャーキー Jakkā Dengekitai Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the J.A.K.Q. members.
- Battle Fever J Ranger Keys (バトルフィーバーJレンジャーキー Batoru Fībā Jei Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Battle Fever team. The Battle Kenya key is also used alongside the DenziBlue Key to open the gate between Earth and Makuu Space in Gokaiger vs. Gavan. Note: The Gokaigers first use the Battle Fever Keys in The Flying Ghost Ship.
- Denshi Sentai Denziman Ranger Keys (電子戦隊デンジマンレンジャーキー Denshi Sentai Denjiman Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Denzimen. The DenziBlue key is also used alongside the Battle Kenya Key to open the gate between Earth and Makuu Space in Gokaiger vs. Gavan.
- Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan Ranger Keys (太陽戦隊サンバルカンレンジャーキー Taiyō Sentai San Barukan Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Sun Vulcans. The Greater Power of this Sentai Group was stolen by Basco, but was later retrieved when Basco was defeated after he infused the Greater Power into the Sun Vulcan Keys.
- Dai Sentai Goggle V Ranger Keys (大戦隊ゴーグルファイブレンジャーキー Dai Sentai Gōguru Faibu Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Goggle V group.
- Kagaku Sentai Dynaman Ranger Keys (科学戦隊ダイナマンレンジャーキー Kagaku Sentai Dainaman Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Dynamen or transform GokaiOh into a ball of light to initiate the Gokai Super Dynamite attack.
- Choudenshi Bioman Ranger Keys (超電子バイオマンレンジャーキー Chōdenshi Baioman Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Biomen.
- Dengeki Sentai Changeman Ranger Keys (電撃戦隊チェンジマンレンジャーキー Dengeki Sentai Chenjiman Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Changemen or charge GokaiOh with Earth Force to initiate the Gokai Power Bazooka attack. The Greater Power of this Sentai Group was stolen by Basco, but was later retrieved when Basco was defeated after he infused the Greater Power into the Changeman Keys.
- Choushinsei Flashman Ranger Keys (超新星フラッシュマンレンジャーキー Chōshinsei Furasshuman Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Flashmen. The Greater Power of this Sentai Group was stolen by Basco, but was later retrieved when Basco was defeated after he infused the Greater Power into the Flashman Keys.
- Hikari Sentai Maskman Ranger Keys (光戦隊マスクマンレンジャーキー Hikari Sentai Masukuman Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Maskmen or charge GokaiOh with Aura Power to initiate the Gokai Aura Galaxy attack. The Greater Power of this Sentai Group was stolen by Basco, but was later retrieved when Basco was defeated after he infused the Greater Power into the Maskman Keys.
- Choujuu Sentai Liveman Ranger Keys (超獣戦隊ライブマンレンジャーキー Chōjū Sentai Raibuman Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Livemen or transform GokaiOh into Super Live Robo to execute its Super Big Burst finisher.
- Kousoku Sentai Turboranger Ranger Keys (高速戦隊ターボレンジャーレンジャーキー Kōsoku Sentai Tāborenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Turborangers.
- Chikyu Sentai Fiveman Ranger Keys (地球戦隊ファイブマンレンジャーキー Chikyū Sentai Faibuman Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Fivemen. The Greater Power of this Sentai Group was stolen by Basco, but was later retrieved when Basco was defeated after he infused the Greater Power into the Fiveman Keys. Note: The Gokaigers first use the Fiveman Keys in 199 Hero Great Battle.
- Choujin Sentai Jetman Ranger Keys (鳥人戦隊ジェットマンレンジャーキー Chōjin Sentai Jettoman Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Jetmen or transform GokaiOh into a firebird to initiate the Gokai Jet Phoenix attack.
- Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger Ranger Keys (恐竜戦隊ジュウレンジャーレンジャーキー Kyōryū Sentai Jūrenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Zyurangers. The Greater Power of the Zyurangers is used for the GoZyuRex mode of Gokai Silver's mecha.
- Gosei Sentai Dairanger Ranger Keys (五星戦隊ダイレンジャーレンジャーキー Gosei Sentai Dairenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Dairangers or transfer Qi from GokaiOh to GoZyuJin to initiate the Gokai GoZyu Qi-Power Bomber attack.
- Ninja Sentai Kakuranger Ranger Keys (忍者戦隊カクレンジャーレンジャーキー Ninja Sentai Kakurenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Kakurangers or summon Ninjaman to fight alongside GokaiOh.
- Chouriki Sentai Ohranger Ranger Keys (超力戦隊オーレンジャーレンジャーキー Chōriki Sentai Ōrenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Ohrangers. The Greater Power of the Ohrangers is used to complete the GokaiGalleon Buster.
- Gekisou Sentai Carranger Ranger Keys (激走戦隊カーレンジャーキー Gekisō Sentai Kārenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Carrangers or initiate the Gokai Radical Racing Slash spinout attack in GokaiOh.
- Denji Sentai Megaranger Ranger Keys (電磁戦隊メガレンジャーレンジャーキー Denji Sentai Megarenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Megarangers.
- Seijuu Sentai Gingaman Ranger Keys (星獣戦隊ギンガマンレンジャーキー Seijū Sentai Gingaman Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Gingamen.
- Kyukyu Sentai GoGoFive Ranger Keys (救急戦隊ゴーゴーファイブレンジャーキー Kyūkyū Sentai GōGō Faibu Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the GoGoFive siblings or summon the Chemical Extinguishers to initiate the Victory Splash attack and then execute the Gokai Prominence attack.
- Mirai Sentai Timeranger Ranger Keys (未来戦隊タイムレンジャーレンジャーキー Mirai Sentai Taimurenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Timerangers. The Greater Power of the Timerangers is used for the GoZyuDrill mode of Gokai Silver's mecha. The TimeYellow Key was used in GoZyuDrill to send the mech back in time (and presumably return to the present).
- Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger Ranger Keys (百獣戦隊ガオレンジャーレンジャーキー Hyakujū Sentai Gaorenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Gaorangers or summon GaoLion and combine with GokaiOh to form Gao GokaiOh.
- Ninpu Sentai Hurricaneger Ranger Keys (忍風戦隊ハリケンジャーレンジャーキー Ninpū Sentai Harikenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Hurricanegers and Gouraigers or summon Fūraimaru and combine with GokaiOh to form Hurricane GokaiOh. Note: When inserted into the Mobilates, this group of Keys announces two team names instead of one: "Hurricaneger" for the Hayate Hurricanegers and "Gouraiger" for the Inazuma Gouraigers, mainly because the Hurricanegers and Gouraigers come from different ninja schools.
- Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger Ranger Keys (爆竜戦隊アバレンジャーレンジャーキー Bakuryū Sentai Abarenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Abarangers. The Greater Power of the Abarangers is used for the GoZyuJin mode of Gokai Silver's mecha. When these keys are used along with the AbareKiller Key, GokaiOh swaps arms with GoZyuJin to become GoZyu GokaiOh.
- Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger Ranger Keys (特捜戦隊デカレンジャーレンジャーキー Tokusō Sentai Dekarenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Dekarangers or summon the Patrol Striker from within GokaiOh to become Deka GokaiOh. Note: The DekaRed Key is first seen being used by Gokai Green in Epic on Ginmaku.
- Mahou Sentai Magiranger Ranger Keys (魔法戦隊マジレンジャーレンジャーキー Mahō Sentai Majirenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Magirangers or summon MagiDragon from within GokaiOh to become Magi GokaiOh. Note: The MagiRed Key is first seen being used by Gokai Pink in Epic on Ginmaku.
- GoGo Sentai Boukenger Ranger Keys (轟轟戦隊ボウケンジャーレンジャーキー Gōgō Sentai Bōkenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Boukengers or summon DaiBouken to attack the enemy before giving GokaiOh the GoGo Ken for the Gokai Adventure Drive attack. Note: The Bouken Red Key is first seen being used by Gokai Blue in Epic on Ginmaku.
- Juken Sentai Gekiranger Ranger Keys (獣拳戦隊ゲキレンジャーレンジャーキー Jūken Sentai Gekirenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Gekirangers or summon the GekiBeasts for the Gokai Great Geki Geki Beast attack. Note: The GekiRed Key is first seen being used by Gokai Yellow in Epic on Ginmaku and is the most commonly used Ranger Key.
- Engine Sentai Go-Onger Ranger Keys (炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャーレンジャーキー Enjin Sentai Gōonjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Go-Ongers or summon Engine Machalcon and combine with GokaiOh to form Go-On GokaiOh. Note: The Go-On Red Key is first seen being used by Gokai Red in Epic on Ginmaku.
- Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Ranger Keys (侍戦隊シンケンジャーレンジャーキー Samurai Sentai Shinkenjā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Shinkengers or combine GokaiOh and GaoLion into Shinken GokaiOh.
- Tensou Sentai Goseiger Ranger Keys (天装戦隊ゴセイジャーレンジャーキー Tensō Sentai Goseijā Renjā Kī): Any of these keys allow a Gokaiger to assume the form of any of the Goseigers or summon the Gosei Headders for the Gokai All Headders Great Strike attack.
It is shown that the Gokaigers can request to borrow the Ranger keys of their successors as well. They used the power of the succeeding Super Sentai in the hunt for the Link Cube and Great King's Credential.
- Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters Ranger Keys (特命戦隊ゴーバスターズレンジャーキー Tokumei Sentai Gōbasutāzu Renjā Kī): These were eventually acquired by the Gokaigers five years after their original adventures, though only Red and Yellow Busters were explicitly shown. They were preceded by the Buddyroid keys by 3 years.
- Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger Ranger Keys (獣電戦隊キョウリュウジャーレンジャーキー Jūden Sentai Kyōryūjā Renjā Kī): These were eventually acquired by the Gokaigers five years after their original adventures, though only Kyoryu Pink was explicitly shown.
- Ressha Sentai ToQger Ranger Keys (烈車戦隊トッキュウジャー レンジャー Ressha Sentai Tokkyūjā Renjā Kī): These were eventually acquired by the Gokaigers five years after their original adventures, though only ToQ 4gou Green was explicitly shown.
- Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Ranger Keys (手裏剣戦隊ニンニンジャー レンジャーキー Shuriken Sentai Ninninjā Renjā Kī) These were eventually acquired by the Gokaigers five years after their original adventures, though only AoNinger was explicitly shown.
Gokai Silver's Ranger Keys
These keys (bar Gokai Silver) were originally found by Basco after Marvelous took the main Ranger Keys. These 15 keys were taken from him when the Gokaigers defeated his Ranger clones. Mikoto Nakadai (AbareKiller), Burai (DragonRanger), and Naoto Takizawa (TimeFire) created the Gokai Silver powers in the afterlife, along with the Gokai Silver Key, which they gave to Gai Ikari when he proved himself. The other sixth Ranger keys now belong to Gai.
Unlike most Ranger Keys, which just announce their team names when in use, the Shurikenger and Gosei Knight Keys announce the name of the Ranger themselves, while the Go-On Gold and Go-On Silver Keys announce the name of the Go-On Wings due to different affiliations with those members (Shurikenger is from a different ninja school than the Hurricanegers and Gouraigers, the Sutou Siblings were an elite team before the Go-Ongers were formed, and Gosei Knight was once a Headder).
- Gokai Silver Key (ゴーカイシルバーキー Gokai Shirubā Kī): Gai Ikari's personal Ranger Key that allows him to transform into Gokai Silver. When this key is used with the other Gokaiger Keys, it summons the Kanzen Soul, the Greater Power of the Gokaigers, allowing GokaiOh, GoZyuJin, and Engine Machalcon to combine into Kanzen GokaiOh.
- DragonRanger Key (ドラゴンレンジャーキー Doragon Renjā Kī): This key can be used to transform GoZyuDrill into GoZyuRex, the Greater Power of the Zyurangers. In the movie, it allowed Gai to summon GoZyuRex from the future.
- KibaRanger Key (キバレンジャーキー Kiba Renjā Kī)
- KingRanger Key (キングレンジャーキー Kingu Renjā Kī)
- MegaSilver Key (メガシルバーキー Mega Shirubā Kī): When this key is used in GoZyuJin, it summons the Mega Winger's wings, combining with GoZyuJin to become Wing GoZyuJin, the Greater Power of the Megarangers. It also allows for the Gokai Spartan attack.
- TimeFire Key (タイムファイヤーキー Taimu Faiyā Kī): This key can be used to summon GoZyuDrill, the Greater Power of the Timerangers, from the year 3000.
- GaoSilver Key (ガオシルバーキー Gao Shirubā Kī)
- Shurikenger Key (シュリケンジャーキー Shurikenjā Kī)
- AbareKiller Key (アバレキラーキー Abare Kirā Kī): This key can be used to transform GoZyuRex into GoZyuJin, the Greater Power of the Abarangers. When used on its own, the AbareKiller Key allows GoZyuJin to execute the Gokai Dengeki Drill Spin attack. When this key is used with the other Abaranger Keys, GoZyuJin's arms transfer to GokaiOh, becoming GoZyu GokaiOh.
- DekaBreak Key (デカブレイクキー Deka Bureiku Kī)
- MagiShine Key (マジシャインキー Maji Shain Kī)
- Bouken Silver Key (ボウケンシルバーキー Bōken Shirubā Kī)
- Go-On Gold Key (ゴーオンゴールドキー Gōon Gōrudo Kī)
- Go-On Silver Key (ゴーオンシルバーキー Gōon Shirubā Kī)
- Shinken Gold Key (シンケンゴールドキー Shinken Gōrudo Kī)
- Gosei Knight Key (ゴセイナイトキー Gosei Naito Kī)
Extra Ranger/Extra Hero Keys
After losing his Sixth Ranger keys to the Gokaigers, Basco ta Jolokia revealed that he had keys of Extra Rangers and Extra Heroes as well. The Black Knight key was taken from him by Gai in episode 20. Gai later took the remaining keys in episode 31.
- Signalman Key (シグナルマンキー Shigunaruman Kī)
- Black Knight Key (黒騎士キー Kuro Kishi Kī): Given to Gai by Hyuuga himself during the Gokaiger's second fight with Basco after retrieving the Black Knight Key. It holds the Gingamen's Greater Power. When this key is used in GoZyuJin, it allows for the Brave Beast Fierce Cut attack.
- DekaMaster Key (デカマスターキー Deka Masutā Kī)
- DekaSwan Key (デカスワンキー Deka Suwan Kī)
- MagiMother Key (マジマサーキー Maji Māsa Kī)
- Wolzard Fire Key (ウルザードファイヤーキー Uruzādo Faiyā Kī)'
- Great Sword Man Zubaan Key (大剣人ズバーンキー Daikenjin Zubān Kī)
- Black Lion Rio Key (黒獅子リオキー Kurojishi Rio Kī)
- Confrontation Beast Chameleon-Fist Mele Key (臨獣カメレオン拳メレキー Rinjū Kamereonken Mere Kī)
- Princess Shinken Red Key (姫シンケンレッドキー Hime Shinken Reddo Kī)
- AbarePink Key (アバレピンクキー Abare Pinku Ki): Given to Ahim by Emiri Imanaka-Sanjyo herself. Like with Emiri, the Key only gives Ahim the improvised costume with no powers at all. This is the first key not to have originated from the Great Legend War. It is implied that Ahim got rid of the key, as when GoZyu GokaiOh forms, Ahim doesn't appear in the split-screen effect.
- Phantom Ranger Keys (幻のレンジャーキー Maboroshi no Renjā Kī): These keys appear in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters vs. Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: The Movie. They later turn into the Buddy Roid Keys.
- Buddy Roid Keys (バディロイドキー Badiroido Kī): These keys appear in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters vs. Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: The Movie. They transformed from the Phantom Keys. They are the Go-Busters's Greater Power which manifests in the larger Megazord key, literally referred to as "Greater Power of the Go-Busters". Beet J. Stag's Ranger Key was the only one previously released alongside the Beet and Stag Buster's keys as part of the "Legends" series of toys. It is unknown if they can be used by the Gokaigers to change into Buddy Roids, nor is it known what happened to them after their use.
- Greater Power of the Go-Busters (ゴーバスターズの大いなる力 Gōbasutāzu no Ōinaru Chikara): This Giant-Robo-scale key appears in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters vs. Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: The Movie. It generates the "Megazord Keys" and is generated from the Greater Power of the Go-Busters, the Buddy Roids. There were five copies of the Keys, one given to each of the mecha.
- Megazord Keys (メガゾードキー Megazōdo Kī):  These giant keys appear in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters vs. Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: The Movie. Splitting from the Greater Power of the Go-Busters, they allow Gokaiger and Go-Buster giant robos to transform into other giant robos. This is the first acknowledgement of Sentai giant robos with the umbrella term "Megazords".
- Flash King Key (フラッシュキングキー Furasshu Kingu Kī) from the Flashmen. Used by Go-Buster Ace.
- Daizyujin Key (大獣神キー Daijūjin Kī) from the Zyurangers. Used by GoZyuJin.
- RyuseiOh Key (龍星王キー Ryūseiō Kī) from the Dairangers. Used by Go-Buster Ace.
- GaoKing Key (ガオキングキー GaoKingu Kī) from the Gaorangers. Used by Go-Buster Lioh.
- MagiKing Key (マジキングキー MajiKingu Kī) from the Magirangers. Used by Buster Heracles.
- DaiBouken Key (ダイボウケンキー DaiBōken Kī) from the Boukengers. Used by GokaiOh.
- GekiTohja Key (ゲキトージャキー Geki Tōja Kī) from the Gekirangers. Used by Go-Buster Ace.
Combined Ranger Keys
Gai has the ability to combine multiple keys into one. He's been shown to combine two keys into one as well as fifteen keys into a super mode key, the Anchor Key.
- Go-On Wings Key (ゴーオンウイングスキー Gōon Uingusu Kī): Combined form of the Go-On Gold and Go-On Silver Keys when Gai couldn't decide which Key to use.
- Gokai Christmas Key (ゴーカイクリスマスキー Gōkai Kurisumasu Kī): Combined form of the Gokai Red and Gokai Green Keys, with a gold Gokaiger emblem on the helmet.
- Gold Anchor Key (ゴールドアンカーキー Gōrudo Ankā Kī): After Gai somehow fused the keys of Go-On Gold and Go-On Silver, Don would later suggest that he do the same with all 15 Sixth Ranger keys using his imagination. After Gai pleaded for it, all 15 Sixth Rangers banded together to form the Golden Anchor Key, a key shaped like an Anchor with all the Sixth Rangers faces on it. Gai normally uses his Ranger Keys by placing them inside his Gokai Cellular and then scanning them, but the Anchor Key is instead inserted in a slot in the bottom of the Gokai Cellular.
When activated it forms an armor similar to the key around his chest and armor running down the sides of his legs. His helmet is pushed down and the Gokai Spear changes to Anchor Mode. In this form, he gains an increase in both speed and strength and is able to use a third variant of his Final Wave, called Gokai Legendream (ゴーカイレジェンドリーム Gōkai Rejendorīmu).
By inserting the Gokai Silver Key and swinging the Gokai Spear, he summons the spirit of the past 15 Sixth Rangers. First MegaSilver, GaoSilver, MagiShine, Bouken Silver, Go-On Gold, Go-On Silver, and Gosei Knight use their weapons to fire at the enemy. Next DragonRanger, KibaRanger, KingRanger, TimeFire, Shurikenger, AbareKiller, DekaBreak, and Shinken Gold slash at (or in DekaBreak's case, punch) the enemy to finish it off, and Gai himself performs the final attack by slashing the enemy with the Gokai Spear. When first used, the attack seemed to tire him out.
During the fight with Wolzard Fire and Great Sword Man Zubaan in Ep. 31: Crash!! Secret Operations, Gai uses an alternative Gold Mode Final Wave called Gokai Legend Crash (ゴーカイレジェンドクラッシュ Gōkai Rejendo Kurasshu), which involves Gai swinging the Gokai Spear with devastating results, while manifestations of the 5 previous Silver Rangers and Go-On Gold phased in and out as Gai swings the Spear.
In the finale, Gai used a variation of the Gokai Legend Crash where, as he jumps into the air, all of the Sixth Ranger spirits appear alongside him and they use their weapons to slash downwards as Gai does with his.
While the anchor key s mainly Gai's, Gokai Red has also used Gold mode. Originally changing into Gold Mode using Gai's Gokai Cellular, in the finale of the 4 Week Continuous Special Super Sentai Strongest Battle!!, he simply sticks the key in the Mobilate slot.
In Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O, Gokai Red can use Gai's Gold Anchor Key to become Gokai Red Gold Mode (ゴーカイレッド ゴールドモード Gōkai Reddo Gōrudo Mōdo). However, as it is Gai's key, Gokai Red's Gold Mode is identical to Gokai Silver's Gold Mode, with the 15 Sixth Rangers rather than the past 34 Red Rangers. As shown in cards, Gai's Gold Mode can be used by the rest of the Gokaigers as well.
Non-Super Sentai Ranger Keys
- Kamen Rider OOO Keys (仮面ライダーOOO (オーズ)キー Kamen Raidā Ōzu Kī): When Kamen Rider OOO gave his Core Medals to the Gokaigers, they transformed into these keys. These keys change the Gokaigers into OOO's Full Combos in Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen. They are then immediately used with the GokaiGalleon Buster. Though first refered to by Don as "OOO's Ranger Keys", they are soon after called Rider Keys (ライダーキー Raidā Kī) when inserted into the GokaiGalleon Buster. These Rider Keys were most likely turned back to O Medals, and given back to Kamen Rider OOO.
- Kamen Rider OOO Gatakiriba Combo Key (仮面ライダーオーズガタキリバコンボキー Kamen Raidā Ōzu Gatakiriba Konbo Kī): The Rider Key that represents the Strongest Combo; it was given to Don.
- Kamen Rider OOO Latorartar Combo Key (仮面ライダーオーズラトラーターコンボキー Kamen Raidā Ōzu Ratorātā Konbo Kī): The Rider Key that represents the Scorching Combo; it was given to Luka.
- Kamen Rider OOO Sagohzo Combo Key (仮面ライダーオーズサゴーゾコンボキー Kamen Raidā Ōzu Sagōzo Konbo Kī): The Rider Key that represents the Gravity Combo; it was given to Gai.
- Kamen Rider OOO Shauta Combo Key (仮面ライダーオーズシャウタコンボキー Kamen Raidā Ōzu Shauta Konbo Kī): The Rider Key that represents the Marine Combo; it was given to Joe.
- Kamen Rider OOO Tajadol Combo Key (仮面ライダーオーズタジャドルコンボキー Kamen Raidā Ōzu Tajadoru Konbo Kī): The Rider Key that represents the Blazing Combo; it was given to Marvelous.
- Kamen Rider OOO Putotyra Combo Key (仮面ライダーオーズプトティラコンボキー Kamen Raidā Ōzu Putotira Konbo Kī): The Rider Key that represents the Invincible Combo; it was given to Ahim.
- Metal Hero Keys (メタルヒーローキー Metaru Hīrō Kī): These Keys were given by Space Sheriff Gavan Type G to the Gokaigers in Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z. It is not known where Gavan obtained them nor what happened to them after their use.
- Jiraiya Key (磁雷矢キー Jiraiya Kī): Given to Don.
- Jiban Key (ジバンキー Jiban Kī): Given to Gai.
- Draft Redder Key (ドラフトレッダーキー Dorafuto Reddā Kī): Given to Marvelous.
- Janperson Key (ジャンパーソンキー Janpāson Kī): Given to Ahim.
- Blue Beet Key (ブルービートキー Burū Bīto Kī): Given to Joe.
- B-Fighter Kabuto Key (ビーファイターカブトキー Bī Faitā Kabuto Kī): Given to Luka.
Toyline-exclusive Ranger Keys
The Ranger Key cross-show toyline is much more expansive than the show's set itself. It adds several non-show keys to the collection.
- Go-Busters sixths
- Kyoryugers alternate forms and sixths
- Kamen Rider OOO
- Deboth Army
- X1 Mask
- Gosei Green
- Dobutsu Sentai Go-Busters
- ToQgers alternate forms and sixths
- Additional Metal Heroes
- Ninningers alternate forms and sixth
Ranger Keys by Preference
Below are charts of the most commonly-used Ranger Keys by each Gokaiger. Also featured are Basco's Extra Ranger/Extra Hero keys.
Behind the Scenes
Fanmade Ranger Keys
- Several fans are known to make their own homemade Ranger Keys. One of these Ranger Key makers is, of all people, Ei Hamura, the actor who played Shoji of the Heavenly Gravity Star (TenmaRanger) in Gosei Sentai Dairanger. He posts images of his Ranger Keys, both complete and incomplete, on his Twitter account.
- There is a rumor among fans that the TenmaRanger key that Ei was holding during his Gokaiger cameo was his own handmade TenmaRanger Key. The rumor is partially supported by the TenmaRanger key in the finale appearing different than how it usually appeared (i.e., more accurate to the suit, having painted sides).
- Since Ranger Keys are created from the powers of Super Sentai, they can be consider as proofs of being Super Sentai.
- The Extra Ranger/Extra Hero Keys are the only Ranger Keys that are not used by a specific Gokaiger. Notably, however, the Black Knight Key was given specifically to Gai.
- Due to the existence of Takeru Shiba and Kaoru Shiba in The Great Legend War, Shinken Red is only Ranger that has two Ranger Keys for it.
- It is unknown exactly how Eiji got the purple Core Medals back, as the ones that Eiji possessed were explicitly seen shattering in the Kamen Rider OOO season finale. Some fans speculated that the reason might have been either Ankh also retrieved Dr. Maki's purple Core Medals (which were not shown being destroyed) when he took the medals out from Kamen Rider Poseidon's body or the Kougami Foundation reproduced them before the events of Super Hero Taisen.
- The term "Ranger Key" (レンジャーキー) could also be a pun on "Ranger Energy" (レンジャー気 Renjā Ki), as the "Keys" also represent the "powers" of the Super Sentai member they represent.
- The Ranger Keys of Gokaiger and the Rider Cards of Kamen Rider Decade were noted by Narutaki as one of the similarities between Gokaiger and Decade in the Super Hero Taihen net movie The Grown-ups’ Narumi Detective Agency Ep. 1: Is Gokaiger a Ripoff of Decade?.
- Decade's spiritual successor, Kamen Rider Zi-O would also have the Ridewatches, used by the main Riders of the series. Like the Ranger Keys, the Legend Riders' powers are contained inside of their corresponding Ridewatches, along with their memories and their respective villains.
- Like the Gokaigers obtaining Ranger Keys of their successors, Decade would obtain Rider Cards of his successors (Double to Zi-O).
- In their debut in Tensou Sentai Goseiger vs. Shinkenger: Epic on Ginmaku, when the Gokaigers present the Ranger Keys of the five Red Rangers, they actually call out "Ranger Key!" just as Sentai teams normally call the names of their weapons when they bring them out. They never do this in the series until the Gokai Galleon Buster was introduced, and this is even edited out when the battle is shown again in episode 40.
- With the appearance of the OOO Rider Keys and the Metal Hero Keys, many fans have speculated that all the Toei Superheroes have their own Ranger Key. This was later proven somewhat true with the continuation of the toyline Ranger Keys including heroes such as X-1 Mask and the remaining Metal Heroes. It is unknown at this time if Bandai is planning a Ranger Key set for the remaining main Kamen Riders or other Toei heroes such as Kikaider.
- The Go-Busters' Ranger Keys were produced immediately after Gokaiger but were preceded in canon by the Buddyroid keys, however, eventually, with premium sets such as for the Kyoryugers, ToQgers and Ninningers, the Go-Busters' core Ranger keys were introduced into canon in Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger, by either being shown or hinted at.
- With more than 200 different Ranger Keys, this is the highest number of collectibles ever for a Super Sentai series.
- All the keys shown in footage have Gokai Red keys teeth
- Rider Cards - a set of cards that function like Ranger Keys, used by Kamen Rider Decade
- Ridewatches - a set of pocketwatch like devices that function similar to the Ranger Keys, used by Kamen Rider Zi-O
- Legendary Ranger Keys - Power Rangers counterpart in Super Megaforce. See comparison page.
- http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000078836/?TOP_B Maboroshi no Ranger Keys named in Bandai Toy Site
- http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/特命戦隊ゴーバスターズVS海賊戦隊ゴーカイジャー_THE_MOVIE#装備・戦力 "Buddy Roid Keys" (バディロイドキー) as termed in Japanese Wikipedia
- http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000078836/?TOP_B "Go-Busters no Oinaru Chikara" named in Bandai Toy Site
- http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/特命戦隊ゴーバスターズVS海賊戦隊ゴーカイジャー_THE_MOVIE#装備・戦力 "Megazord Keys" (メガゾードキー) as termed in Japanese Wikipedia
- http://www.jefusion.com/2012/12/go-busters-vs-gokaiger-megazord-keys.html JeFusion on Megazord Keys