|This article is about a/an villain in Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger.|
Agent Abrella (エージェント・アブレラ Ējento Aburera), sometimes romanized as Abrera) was the bat-like Rainian (レイン星人 Rein Seijin) arms merchant and the main antagonist of Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger.
- 1 Character History
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Arsenal
- 5 Profile
- 6 Behind the Scenes
- 7 Notes
- 8 Appearances
- 9 External Links
- 10 See Also
- 11 References
A big name on the interstellar black market, Abrella cares about nothing other than money, and provides his Alienizer customers with robotic foot soldiers, powered Muscle Gear armor suits, Heavy Industrial Machine mecha, and other illegal items for conducting criminal activities.
The effects of his crimes have left their mark on the universe: he has instigated interstellar wars that wiped out entire populaces, presumably to create a market for the weapons he sells. He is fully aware of the effect the Dekarangers' success has on his business; if he could make them lose face, would-be criminals would gain confidence, and crime rates would rise, as would demand for his products. The only link most Alienizers share with any of the others is that the majority of them are among Abrella's customers.
Although he remains behind the scenes for the first half of the series, Abrella makes his presence known after an Igaroid attacked Slorpean Faraway who he was using to transport a gem capable of summoning a planet destroying missile. He appeared in a flurry of bats, being immediately recognized by Faraway as the one who gave her the gem but he was angry at her for failing in her mission to disperse the gem before introducing himself to the Dekarangers and revealing that he was an arms merchant tasked with blowing up the planet. Senichi then realized what the jewel did and Abrella revealed that the jewel was a target for that giant doomsday missile. and revealing that he was the true mastermind behind everything that they had been fighting against. Unfortunately, since she skipped planets before it could reach Chinita, she moved to Earth and thus would destroy the planet which he didn't want as Earth was the meeting ground for his many illicit dealings. He told them to dump her into space so the missile would explode harmlessly but enraged Banban who shot him with his blaster. Unfortunately, Abrella was unfazed and summoned Anaroids before leaving. Fortunately, the Dekarangers were able to destroy the missile with Dekaranger Robo which undid the scheme completely.
After the destruction of the Browgouls, Abrella develops a personal grudge against the Space Police.
Abrella attempts to use Kruger's former comrade Bokudenian Biskes to steal the Dekarangers' SPD badges and sell them on the black market as part of a smear campaign to turn Earth into an Alienizer crime heaven by convincing the Alienzers that the Special Police are pushovers. The plan fails, Biskes is obliterated but Abrella escapes in the explosion of Big Drawer although he is presumed dead.
When that failed, Abrella takes some time off to work on his ultimate scheme. By using Kulernian Jellyfis as a distraction to keep the Dekarangers out of his way, he attacks the Dekabase after hiring Gimonian Angorl, Gedonian Uniga, Dragian Ganymede, and Jergonian Sukeela for muscle. Using sheer force of numbers, he successfully takes it over where he plans to lure the Special Police's main force to Earth by attacking the city with the DekaBase Robo. His hidden agenda is to use the DekaBase's planetary shield to destroy the main force to bring an end to the Space Police so the universe can by dominated by money and crime and he can profit infinitely. He also disables the Dekarangers' transformation system when they successfully get back into the DekaBase.
However, Abrella underestimates their individual skills and his plan fails since they break in and re-establish their powers and repell the invaders. With DekaBase having lost all power, Abrella is brought back to the control room at which point Banban blasts him straight out of the Deka Base alongside his lieutenants. After the Dekarangers do their roll call, he announces that this will not be his end due to being responsible for the destruction of many more advanced worlds. He and his lieutenants then go into battle where he fights Banban whilst his lieutenants fight the other Dekarangers. Unfortunately for Abrella, his lieutenants are easily deleted and he is crippled by the D-Magnum which leaves him unable to escape. Banban then judges him and Abrella is found guilty of destroying galaxies and creating intergalactic wars to profit from those who want to buy his weapons to get the upper hand. Abrella claims that their job will never be done since he is one of many criminals with the same goal across the galaxy but Banban believes that everyone has the capacity to do good so his ilk can never flourish. Murphy K9 then appears and they form the D-Bazooka which is finally able to kill Abrella.
Although Abrella is gone, the Dekarangers have not heard the last of their worst enemy since Abrella's pupil Apollos (calling himself Agent X) carries on in his stead, until he is deleted by the Magirangers and Dekarangers.
The Flying Ghost Ship
Some years afterwards, Abrella re-emerges within the subspace of Los Dark's ghost pirate ship where he leads an army of Mechanoids against the pirate Sentai. Four members of the team face Abrella head on whilest Captain Marvelous escapes out of the subspace using the Red Hawk key to return to the main ship. It is unknown what happened after the defeat of Los Dark but, given that the ship is obliterated along with Fake GokaiOh, Abrella is presumed killed once more.
Super Hero Taisen Z
Agent Abrella is part of an army of resurrected (mostly Super Sentai) monsters led by Space Raider after the revival of Madou Demon King Psycho. They proceed to attack the gathering of Kamen Riders and Super Sentai, giving them a hard time. The heroes of recent years are in a pinch until the arrival of a force of Sentai and Rider reinforcements led by Akarenger and Kamen Rider Ichigo. The combined forces of superheroes are able to turn the tide against the Madou army. They line up and used their various finisher attacks to destroy the revived monsters.
Super Sentai Battle Base
Agent Abrella is among the vast pantheon of villains which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
A giant clone of Agent Abrella ten years after the original's death by Kight Reidlich.
|"Dekarangers, respond! By analyzing the documents of the whole galaxy... Our investigation has identified Agent Abrella. He is a Rainian. He is an Alienizer that has created war in seven galaxies and planets. For the pursuit of money, he has exterminated entire populaces. He's the most evil merchant in the space criminal market!"|
|―Chief Numa D regarding Agent Abrella.[src]|
Agent Abrella was an extremely money driven individual and an unrelenting psychopath who had no qualms about committing genocide and mass murder as long as he can profit from war.
Powers and Abilities
- Fulgurkinesis: Abrella could fire red lightning from his fingertips.
- Heightened Reflexes: Abrella's reflexes were potent enough to catch a punch from Tekkan and then knock him to the side with one hand.
- Bat Swarm Transformation: Abrella was capable of vanishing or reappearing in a swarm of bats. He appeared to actually turn into the bats, though it is hard to be certain.
- Energy Whirlwind: Abrella could generate an energy whirlwind from his right palm.
- Enhanced Healing: Abrella could heal rapidly at speeds exceeding most other humans.
- Suspension: Abrella could hang upside down like a bat from suspended horizontal surfaces.
- Flight: Abrella was able to fly using his wing flaps.
- Expert manipulator: Abrella was a talented salesman with access to a wide range of illegal products. He also showed on at least one occasion to personally tempt others into committing criminal acts.
- Expert Tactician: Abrella was very good at planning ahead.
to be added
- Cape:Abrella's cape was apparently energy-resistant, as it successfully deflected several shots from the SWAT Mode Dekarangers' D-Revolvers.
Abrella's Robotic Machines
- Heavy Industrial Machine Frankenzaurus
- Super Giant Heavy Industrial Machine Big Drawer
- Heavy Industrial Machine Abretrex
- Framing the innocent (Juuzaiann Braidy)
- Mass murder
- Crimes against the universe
- Destruction of property
- Aiding and abetting criminals
- Arms dealing
- Instigating wars for profit
- Loan sharking
- War profiteering
- Attempted murder of government officials
- Destruction of galaxies
Behind the Scenes
- Agent Abrella was voiced by Ryūsei Nakao who is best known as Mayuri in Bleach and Frieza in Dragon Ball Z.
- Agent Abrella was based upon a bat.
- Agent Abrella was named after "rain" and "umbrella", which serves as an antithesis of Banban Akaza's catchphrase - “The clear skies above the Megalopolis!”
to be added
- TV Asahi's page on Rainian Agent Abrella, Gedonian Uniga, Dragian Ganymede, Jergonian Sukeela, Gimonian Angorl, Abtrailer, and Abtrex (from the Internet Archive)
- Toei's page on Rainian Agent Abrella, Gedonian Uniga, Dragian Ganymede, and Jergonian Sukeela (from the Internet Archive)
- Broodwing - Power Rangers counterpart in Power Rangers S.P.D.. See comparison page. (costume and footage)
- Emperor Gruumm - Power Rangers counterpart in Power Rangers S.P.D.. See comparison page. (main antagonist)