|This article is about a/an villain in Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger.|
- "I'm back!"
- ―Rainian Agent Abrella's first words after awakening.[src]
- "Don't think it'll end by defeating me! As long as people exist in the universe, crime will never disappear! Everyone possesses the same ambition that I do!"
- ―Agent Abrella after being found guilty and his final words before being deleted[src]
- "I have quite the grudge against the Earth Branch's detectives! I, Clone Abrella, will crush you under my feet!"
- ―Clone Abrellla's first words when arriving in the city.[src]
Agent Abrella (エージェント・アブレラ Ējento Aburera), sometimes romanized as Abrera) is an alien of the planet Rain, and the main antagonist of Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger.
- 1 History
- 2 Clone
- 3 Video Game appearances
- 4 Personality
- 5 Powers and Abilities
- 6 Crimes
- 7 Notes
- 8 Appearances
- 9 External Links
- 10 See Also
A big name on the interstellar black market, Abrella cares about nothing other than money, and provides his Alienizer customers with robotic foot soldiers, powered Muscle Gear armor suits, Heavy Industrial Machine mecha, and other illegal items for conducting criminal activities.
The effects of his crimes have left their mark on the universe: he has instigated interstellar wars that wiped out entire populaces, presumably to create a market for the weapons he sells. He is fully aware of the effect the Dekarangers' success has on his business; if he could make them lose face, would-be criminals would gain confidence, and crime rates would rise, as would demand for his products.
The only link most Alienizers share with any of the others is that the majority of them are among Abrella's customers.
While mostly remaining behind the scenes for the first half of the series, he makes his presence known in Episode 30 to the Dekarangers. After the destruction of the Browgouls', Abrella developed a personal grudge against the Space Police. He first attempted to use Kruger's former comrade Bisques to steal the Dekarangers' SPD badges and sell them on the black market as part of a smear campaign to turn Earth into an Alienizer crime heaven by convincing the Alienzers that the Special Police are pushovers.
When that failed, Abrella spent time to work on his ultimate scheme and then by using Jellyfis as a distraction to keep the Dekarangers out of his way, he attacked the Dekabase and successfully took it over where he planned to lure the Special Police's main force to Earth by attacking the city with the DekaBase Robo. His hidden agenda is to use the DekaBase's planetary shield to destroy the main force to bring an end to the Space Police so the universe can by dominated by money and crime. He also disables the Dekarangers' transformation system when they successfully got back into the DekaBase. However, Abrella underestimated their individual skills and his plan failed and after being defeated in battle by Banban, he was too injured to move and Banban judged him where he was easily found guilty and deemed worthy of deletion. Abrella arrogantly announced that crime would continue to exist even with him dead since all people hold the same megalomaniacal desires as him but the Dekarangers announced that they believed there was good in everyone and Abrella was finally deleted by the D-Bazooka.
The Flying Ghost Ship
Some years afterwards, Abrella re-emerged within the subspace of Los Dark's ghost pirate ship in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger the Movie: The Flying Ghost Ship, where he leads an army of Mechanoids against the pirate Sentai. Four members of the team faced Abrella head on while Captain Marvelous escaped out of the subspace using the Red Hawk key to return to the main ship. It is unknown what happened after the defeat of Los Dark but, given that the ship was obliterated at the end of the move, he was probably killed once more.
Super Hero Taisen Z
Agent Abrella was part of an army of resurrected (mostly Super Sentai) monsters led by Space Raider after the revival of Madou Demon King Psycho. They proceeded to attack the gathering of Kamen Riders and Super Sentai, giving them a hard time. The heroes of recent years were in a pinch until the arrival of a force of Sentai and Rider reinforcements led by Akarenger and Kamen Rider Ichigo. The combined forces of superheroes were able to turn the tide against the Madou army. They lined up and used their various finisher attacks to destroy the revived monsters.
A giant clone of Agent Abarella that was used against the Dekaranger by Kight Reidlich. He prepared to crush the Dekarangers underfoot but was blasted back by Riding Dekaranger Robo. After, Tetsu (piloting Dekaranger Robo) dove out of DekaBike and shot him after avoiding some energy blasts. He was then able to easily overpower him with the Judgement Sword, even deflecting some of his energy blasts, before weakening him with the Judgement Crash and finishing him and the last remnants of the Dekarangers' archenemy off with Justice Flasher. Ironiically, his final words called back to his original final words where he claimed that crime would go on even with him gone.
Video Game appearances
Super Sentai Battle Base
Agent Abrella is among the vast pantheon of villains which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
To Be Added
Powers and Abilities
- Abrella can fire lightning from his fingertips.
- Quick reflexes
- Abrella's reflexes are good enough to catch a punch from DekaBreak and then knock the Tokkyou to the side with one hand.
- Bat Swarm Transformation
- Abrella is capable of vanishing or reappearing in a swarm of bats (he appears to actually turn into the bats, though it is hard to be certain).
- Energy whirlwind generation
- Abrella can generate an energy whirlwind from his palm.
- Abrella is capable of flight.
- Enhanced healing
- Abrella can heal rapidly.
- Energy resistant cape
- His cape is apparently energy-resistant, as with it he successfully deflected several shots from the SWAT-mode Dekarangers' D-Revolvers.
- Upside down suspension
- Abrella can hang upside down from suspended horizontal surfaces.
- Expert manipulator
- Abrella is a talented salesman with access to a wide range of illegal products. He has also been shown on at least one occasion to personally tempt others into committing criminal acts.
- Expert tactitian
- Abrella is good at planning ahead.
Abrella's Robotic Machines
- Heavy Industrial Machine Frankenzaurus
- Super Giant Heavy Industrial Machine Big Drawer
- Heavy Industrial Machine Abretrex
- Framing (specifically Juuzaiann Braidy)
- Crimes against the universe
- Destroying galaxies
- Causing interplaetary wars
- Mass murder
- Agent Abrella's voice actor, Ryūsei Nakao is known for voicing Frieza in Dragonball Z. Similarly, both characters are among the main antagonists in their respective series and also gained reputation for their black marketing.
- Agent Abrella is one of the two Alienizers that has piloted different Heavy Industrial Machines (Frankenzaurus, Big Drawer, and Abatrex),while the other one is Diamantian Don Moyaida (Scaravader and Fan Crusher).
- Height: 240 cm
- Weight: 130 kg
Behind the Scenes
Agent Abrella is voiced by Ryūsei Nakao.
Agent Abrella is based on a bat.
- TV Asahi's page on Rainian Agent Abrella, Gedonian Uniga, Dragian Ganymede, Jergonian Sukeela, Gimonian Angorl, Abtrailer, and Abtrex (from the Internet Archive)
- Toei's page on Rainian Agent Abrella, Gedonian Uniga, Dragian Ganymede, and Jergonian Sukeela (from the Internet Archive)
- Emperor Gruumm - Power Rangers counterpart in Power Rangers S.P.D.. See comparison page.(in terms of being the primary villain)
- Broodwing - Power Rangers counterpart in Power Rangers S.P.D.. See comparison page.