|This article is about a/an villain in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.|
Raging Knight Dogold (怒りの戦騎ドゴルド Ikari no Senki Dogorudo) is an oni-themed general in the Deboss Army. He tends to say "How irritating!" (腹立たしい! Haradatashī!) when vexed.
While aiding Chaos in the Sengoku period, Dogold was seemingly destroyed by Utsusemimaru's sacrifice, but actually reformed his body around the Kyoryuger as part of Chaos' plan to control the Zyudenryu Pteragordon. The last of Chaos's followers to be revived, Chaos seeing if it is him or Utsusemimaru, "Dogold" fumes when Chaos apparently forgot his name.
As a result, the real Dogold was dormant as he allowed the amnesic Utsusemimaru to use his name when formally introducing himself to the Kyoryugers during his scheme to have Debo Royaroya captured martial artists to incite rage from them. Later, though it was a distraction for Chaos to obtain Zyudenryu Pteragordon, Dogold employs Debo Yakigonte in a scheme to not only gather rage, but to also break up the Kyoryugers. Though the plan failed, Dogold is given a fake evil Pteragodon Zyudenchi. Eventually, the truth of Utsusemimaru's fate is revealed as the real Dogold reveals himself and regains control of Utsusemimaru's body. Luckily, the Kyoryugers manage to free their ally from Dogold's possession by using a Pteragordon Zyudenchi infused with Torin and Ramirez's spirits.
Though his body shattered into a thousand pieces, Dogold is recreated and forced to use the Cambrima as tentative vessels on a monthly basis, that is until he manages to take over fellow Debo Knight Endolf.
Finding the results beneficial to his level of power, Dogold decides to keep his action a secret for the moment. However, when he employs the Debo Yanasanta brothers near Christmas, Dogold learns that Endolf's personality begins to take over and confirming Dantetsu's strength, decides that taking Daigo's father as a new host to not only being the only way to maintain his sense of self, but also boost his level of strength. However, betrayed by Debo Yanasanta to take the full blast of the Ten Zyudenryu Maximum Victory Finish, Dogold's body became weak enough for Endolf to hold as the freed villain reveals that he manipulated Dogold's plan from the beginning. Though Candelilla and Aigaron save him, his anger quota now full, Dogold loses his standing with Chaos as he resumes using Cambrima as hosts.
Dogold has the ability to discharge lightning from his body, to which he can channel to his Kenka Jōtō (喧嘩上刀 "Fighting Superior Sword"), a seven-branched sword for brutal strikes.
After absorbing Endolf, Dogold gains the ability to use his weapons (his candlestick-based pistol and sword) for attacks in unison with his normal sword.
Behind the Scenes
- Dogold's name is a pun on "Do" (怒 Rage) and "Gold".
- Following the face theme of the Deboss Army, Dogold represents enraged facial expressions. Further following this theme, a being is consumed in Dogold's armor by having Dogold's face plate covering them.
- The way Dogold possesses his hosts by covering them in his armor-like body may be seen as them being "Consumed" by Rage.
- It's unknown if Dogold's elemental power over lightning and thunder is his own or if he gained it from taking over Utsusemimaru.
- Dogold is similar to the Gaoranger villain, Rouki. Both villains used rangers as host bodies. The difference is that Utsusemimaru was forced into the situation, while Shirogane (GaoSilver) knew the risk of putting on the mask.
- Dogold's concept is also similar to that of the Cursed Armor in Abaranger.