|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Zeo, the second installment in the Zordon Era.|
- ""Now for a special finale!""
- ―Puppetman after changing into his evil form and before brainwashing the kids.[src]
- ""Whoa! Puppetman’s hit the big time!""
- ―Puppetman upon growing.[src]
Puppetman is a humanoid robot that served as the primary antagonist of the
episode "The Puppet Blaster".
Puppetman was a robot created to entertain kids alongside his partner Captain Pete, a children's entertainer, that a Cog inserted an evil cog into its back to make him evil, allowing him to turn children into mindless zombies, much to Captain Pete's confusion. The Rangers arrived, but Puppetman used the kids as human shields, knowing the Rangers would not harm the children. Puppetman then escaped to a satellite station where he intended to amplify his mind-altering powers on all of Earth's children; on his way there he hypnotised several children in the park. The Zeo Rangers confronted him but were forced to retreat when he turned the kids into a zombie army, putting them in danger of injury if there was a battle. He then went on a rampage through the park, ruining a family picnic and wrecking a kite when two kids fight over and then trample it. He later went with Klank & Orbus to the nearby radio tower to try and broadcast his mind control waves worldwide but were intercepted by the Rangers. They tried to take him down with thier sidearms and then thier Advanced Zeo Laser Pistols but he shrugged them off and took them down. However, Tommy quickly took him out with the new Defender Wheel and broke his spell on all the children. Defeated but not at all distraught, Puppetman grew with the help of Klank and Orbus and the Zeo Megazord was summoned to fight him. The monster blasted them with buzzsaws so they summoned the Zeo II Battle Helmet to destroy two more and knocked him down with the Zeo IV Battle Helmet. However, Puppetman rolled and blasted the Megazord with energy from his nose, proving him to be completely invincible without his power source being destroyed. Billy discovered that his power came from Puppetman's nose, and told the Rangers that destroying it would render Puppetman powerless. The Zeo Megazord Saber cut off his nose and destroyed Puppetman. Later, Alpha 5 rebuilt Puppetman (with a deflector signal to prevent anyone evil from controlling him again) for Captain Pete's next show.
Powers and abilities
- Strength-When giant, the Puppetman was able to knock back the Zeo Megazord with one hit to the chest.
- Durability-Puppetman proved immune to the Zeo Pod Swords hitting the light on his head as well as all five Advanced Zeo Laser Pistols being fired at him at once. When giant, he shrugged off the Zeo IV Battle Helmet's Power Ram without getting a scratch.
- Nose Blast: Puppetman can fire a blue energy blast from his nose
- Mace Hand- In place of his left hand Puppetman has a massive silver mace instead of a hand which he can use to bash down his enemies.
- Ring Blasts-Puppetman can fire large blue rings out of his mace hand's spikes that were strong enough to take down all five Rangers with one hit.
- Mind Blaster-In place of his right hand, Puppetman has a metal ring with holes around it that can fire blue tendrils of energy to turn kids evil.
- Buzzsaws-The large cog like protrusions on Puppetman's shoulders are actually massive buzzsaws that can be fired as projectiles.