|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "Ooh, you Rangers make me mad; waking me up with a rap that bad!"
- ―The Pumpkin Rapper's first lines as he awakens and comments on how awful the Rangers' raps are.[src]
Pumpkin Rapper was planted by Squatt and Baboo. Resembling an one eyed orange humanoid with an upside-down jack-o-lantern on its head, the Pumpkin Rapper spoke mainly in rhymes and rap tone (though one line was spoken in non-rhyming tone - when he is commanding the Putties to attack the Rangers). He was woken by the Rangers' with their own rap, and after calling out their raps as terrible, sends a horde of pumpkin-headed Putties to attack the Rangers He manages to encase four of the Rangers' heads in pumpkins, leaving them unable to see and breathe, but Kimberly uses Power Blades to destroy the pumpkins and save her friends from suffocating. Pumpkin Rapper attacked the Rangers with energy blasts and tried to ensnare them with vines that would drain their energy. Despite his vine tentacles and pumpkin bombs, Pumpkin Rapper was taken down once and for all by the Power Blaster.
Because the Pumpkin Rapper happened to be one of Lord Zedd's favorite monsters, it was resurrected by Zedd as part of a Halloween monster assault in Zedd's Haunted Forest. While the army (consisting of Robogoat, Primator, Rhinoblaster, Invenusable Flytrap, and Snizzard with Doomstone as the leader) was largely unsuccessful, Zedd threw a growing bomb which Pumpkin Rapper used to grow himself only after leaving the dimension. It battled the White Tigerzord after taking down the Thunder Megazord with his pumpkin bombs but was overpowered by one of the White Tiger Thunderbolts. Immediately after, he was taken down for goo by the Thunder Megazord's Thunder Saber.
True to Pumpkin Rapper's namesake, he was a rapping pumpkin monster that always sings in a rap-like tone. Overall, his personality is similar to that of a DJ, always hip and ready for action.
Powers And abilities
- Strength: Pumkin Rapper was one of the stronger monsters, being able to overpower all five Rangers with ease.
- Pumkin Headed Puttys Summing: Both before and after Pumpkin Rapper grows into his monster form, he can summon an army of Puttys with pumpkins on their heads to aid him.
- Eye Energy Rings: Pumpking Rapper can fire light pink colored energy rings from his eye.
- Pumpkin Bombs: Pumpkin Rapper can summon and launch mini pumpkin bombs at foes from his hands. Two of them took down the Thunder Megazord.
- Vine Tentacles: Pumpkin Rapper possesses a long dark green vine that can whip off the enemies' weapons.
- Flower Vine: Pumpkin Rapper can conker a long flower vine that cab ensnare opponents with vines.
- Pumpkin Shock: Pumpkin Rapper can also power up the Flower Vines with blue and yellow electricity to harm his targets; it can also give him a boost in strength.
- Pumpkin Traps: To make sure that no one interfered with Pumkin Rapper as he matured, a set of pumpkins guard him. Despite their normal appearance, they can trap foes' heads inside of them, not only blinding them, but causing suffocation as they form an airtight seal. They are also shown to be quite durable, as the Red Ranger attempted to break the pumpkin that had attached itself to him with a karate chop, only for it to be ineffective.
- The Pumpkin Rapper is the very first monster in the franchise to return as an actual threat to the Rangers.
- The Pumpkin Rapper comes from what is commonly referred to as "Zyu2" footage, and was not seen in the original Zyuranger.
- Pumpkin Rapper is the first of two MMPR monsters to only speak in raps and rhymes, the second being Hate Master.
- Coincidentally, both monsters were voiced by Michael Sorich and have nearly the exact same voice.
- In the Zyu2 footage, he was destroyed by the original Megazord's Power Sword downward slash. The remnants of this can still be seen in his Zord fight as he is clearly struck down by a small red energy slash.
- The Pumpkin Rapper is the only villain in the original three seasons of Power Rangers to return and fight a Megazord in his second battle only.
Behind The Scenes
- Pumpkin Rapper is voiced by Michael Sorich.
- The Pumpkin Rapper remains one of the most infamous Power Ranger monsters of all time, specifically because his rapping nature feels like the writers' trying to be hip with the kids (especially due to the population of people like Vanilla Ice and 2Pac around the time his debut episode first aired on May 3rd 1994).