|This article is about a/an group of enemy foot soldiers in the Power Rangers comic sub-franchise by Boom! Studios.|
|This article needs to be updated.
These omissions are so great that the article's factual accuracy has been compromised. Check out the discussion page and revision history for further clues about what needs to be updated in this article.
Pterodactyl Sentries are a special class of soldiers who enforce the order of Lord Drakkon in the dystopic alternate timeline universe he rules over. The Pterodactyl Sentries act as long range infantry and sniper support for the Mastadon Sentries, taking out targets from a distance with assault rifles. They were decommissioned once the Ranger Slayer took back the Pterodactyl powers.
Rita Repulsa used propaganda and sheer brute force to slowly conquer Earth with the help of her loyal Green Ranger. Soon people began to believe that Rita was a leader who could bring about change for the better under her rule despite all the destruction she caused. One of the byproducts of that after the fall of the Power Rangers was the Pterodactyl Sentries, loyal soldiers who wear mass produced Ranger-like armor which resembles a twisted and militaristic version of the Pink Ranger.
World of the Coinless
Two dozen Pterodactyl Sentries were part of the Ranger Sentry army that Lord Drakkon assembled for an attack on the Coinless. They shot down Farkas Bulkmeier, Aisha Campbell, and Katherine Hillard when they attempted to restore the Coinless' defenses.
- Unnamed sniper rifle: The Pterodactyl Sentries are armed with assault sniper rifles. While it is not a bow and arrow, it is a dark version of the Pink Ranger's weapon in being a more modern and lethal ranged projectile shooting weapon and has the white and pink coloring of the Power Bow.
- Like other sentries, the genders of each are unspecified and may vary.
- In a Ranger Danger podcast in May 2018, Kyle Higgins specified that the reason there are no longer any Pterodactyl Sentries once Shattered Grid happened is because by that time Kimberly Ann Hart from the World of the Coinless now has the coin and the full powers back.
- Their absence is compensated by the emergence of the Dino Charge Gold Sentries, who also bear the Pterodactyl motif.
Behind the Scenes
- The design of the Pterodactyl Sentries was made by Jamal Campbell.