|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "AH-AH-AH! OW! OW-OW-OWWWW!"
- ―The Polluticorn after his horn was cleaved off.[src]
Inspired by Trini's plan to clean-up Angel Grove, Rita tried a new attempt of world conquest and used Polluticorn to pollute the Earth by destroying all attempts to clean the pollution. She first sent down Putties to bide time whilst Polluticorn was being made and the monster flew in from the Moon. The Rangers confronted Polluticorn and battled against him but he was much too strong, taking Jason and Zack down with energy from his horn and then blowing them away. Even after Goldar and Scorpina arrived, he refused their help and forced the Rangers to retreat to the Command Center. Once there, they learn that the Polluticorn's power came from his horn and he'd be weakened without it. Meanwhile, the Polluticorn went alone to the Angel Grove Recycling Center. Whilst the other Rangers fought against Goldar, Scorpina, and some Putties, Jason faced off against Polluticorn. Although initially no match, Jason summoned the Dragon Shield which mean that energy blasts from Polluticorn reflected off of the shield. Jason then used his Power Sword and the Dragon Dagger to cut off his horn, weakening him and leaving him open to potential defeat.
To prevent this, Rita then enlarged him and the Rangers summoned the Megazord. The monster flew up into the air and slashed the Megazord multiple times before landing and blowing it away with his Toxic Winds whilst firing his eye blasts which took it down. However, they then recovered and Jason summoned the Power Sword before jumping into the air and gliding at him. The monster was shocked so the Megazord took advantage of this and leapt up into the air to finish him off with its energized slash.
Polluticorn is a highly aggressive and dangerous monster, he will do anything in his power to pollute the Earth and destroy the Rangers. Unlike previous monsters, Polluticorn is shown to be brave and daring, as when Goldar and Scorpina offered to help him, he pushed them away and said that he can take care of them.
Powers And Abilities
- Strength: Polluticorn is shown to be far stronger then previous monsters fought by the Rangers before hand, being able to swiftly take them out during their first battle.
- Hand-To-Hand Combat: In addition to Poluticorn's incredible strength, he is also a skilled fighter, being able to both block and avoid the Red Ranger's strikes while at the same time being able to subdue them.
- Extraordinary Leaper: Polluticorn can leap incredible distances into the air, at least 30 feet as seen during one attack in the recyclying plant.
- Flight: Polluticorn can fly thanks to the wings behind his back.
- Energy Balls: Polluticorn can fire sparkling light pink colored energy balls from his horn on the middle of his forehead.
- Power Winds: Polluticorn can flap his wings in high enough speeds to blow away Zack and Jason immediately.
- Toxic Winds: When Polluticorn becomes giant, the Power Winds get upgraded and become Toxic Winds. They look similar to the original version but are now stronger, being able to blow the Megazord off the ground with ease.
- Lightning Vision: Polluticorn's strongest attack where he can fire highly focus light blue and yellow coloured lightning beams from his eyes. These beams are devastating, being able to take out all five Rangers and later the Megazord with just one hit.
- Claws: Polluticorn possesses yellows claws on his hands for combat.
Polluticorn is shown to be very powerful but he does have one weakness, his horn. Should it be broken off, he will become weaker although, as shown during his Zord fight, he is still formidable without it.
Behind The Scenes
- Polluticorn is voiced by Michael Sorich.
- As a result, Polluticorn sounds a lot like Squatt albeit it with a less stupid voice and speaks more like the actor himself although he has a goofier tone than the real life man.
- Polluticorn's name comes from the words Pollute and Unicorn.
- In Zyuranger, the plot was basically the same although Dora Unicorn had an intense hatred for humans due to their abuse of the environment and teamed up with an environmentalist boy named Kouichi to destroy a waste disposal site (not a recycling plant like in this episode).
- Kouchi is also why he can be seen stopping and turning to talk to apparently nothing whilst confronting nothing in the warehouse fight.
- The Zord fight was slightly different in the original episode since in Zyuranger, Beast Knight God King Brachion was summoned and Daizyuzin leapt onto it to empower the Super Legendary Lightning Cut to destroy Dora Unicorn due to how tough his skin was. The element of Titanus arriving and the Megazord riding him was presumably cut because it looks very cheap and fake.
- However, the remnants of this cut element does remain since the Megazord jumps up and glides at Polluticorn despite that being completely unnecessary.