|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Ninja Steel.|
- "Sonic Boom!"
- ―Phonepanzee's attack quote.[src]
Phonepanzee is chosen to steal the Ninja Power Stars by using his vocal mimicry techniques to lure the Ninja Steel Rangers into traps. Phonepanzee is first seen at school as he records Calvin and Hayley's voices. He later returns and records Brody, Sarah, Preston, and Levi's voices. The monster attempts to sneak off but he bumps into a bicycle and causes the Rangers to notice him so he flees. As they give chase to him, he has an army of Basherbots to aid him so the Rangers morph and do battle with the Basherbots. With the Rangers distracted, Phonepanzee is able to mimic their voices and use them to get clean hits on them with his Sonic Boom. It works on most of the Rangers but Brody is able to make a beatdown on him. Knowing that his plan has succeeded, he runs away and manages to get away whilst Brody defeats the last Basherbot. Phonepanzee later reappears in Galvanax's ship to make a call to the Yellow Ranger, pretending to be the Gold Ranger saying that the White Ranger is trying to cheat before telling him to be at Frasier Plaza. The monster was able to ambush and capture him with an army of Basherbots and snatch his Power Star. He later does the same thing with the Red and Pink Rangers, who he has the Basherbots tie up. He tries to do the same with Hayley, Preston, and Levi but it is foiled when he mimics Hayley's voice to call Levi, not knowing that she and Preston are right beside him. They morph and battle Phonepanzee with the Mega Morph Cycles and are able to get back the Power Stars by tricking him. He attempts to strike Hayley but to no avail and pretending that he has switched bodies with Calvin also fails. With the Preston and Sarah's Ninja Battle Morpher Arrow Blast, the Rockstorm Guitar's Rockstorm Slash alongside Calvin's Ninja Claw Shred, and Brody and Hayley' Steel Slash Final Attack, Phonepanzee is destroyed although not before Levi takes a selfie.
Phonepanzee is then gigantified by Cosmo Royale so the Rangers summon their Zords to battle him. He uses his Super Sonic Boom to stun the Zords but the Kodiak Zord uses its Sonic Howl to weaken the attack, destroying his phone and freeing the Zords. The Rangers then combine their Zords to form the Ninja Steel Megazord and Levi arrives to combine his and form the Bull Rider Megazord. With the Ninja Steel Megazord's Master Slash Final Attack and the Bull Rider Megazord's Rodeo Rapid Blast Final Attack, Phonepanzee is destroyed for good and can only bemoan his death as he turns and face-plants before exploding.
As Phonepanzee's name implies, his personality was that of a loony prankster who was quite childish and always spoke with a hoo-hooing laugh. However, he was quite cunning, using the Rangers' voices against them and took his missions seriously to steal the Ninja Power Stars at any rate.
Powers and Abilities
- Sonic Boom: Phonepanzee's signature attack where he unleashed a massive sonic boom from his mouth that could send the Rangers flying.
- Super Sonic Boom: An upgraded form of Phonepanzee's Sonic Boom when enlarged which was powerful enough to interfere with the Rangers' Zords and stun them.
- Voice Recording: Through the green telephone booth on the right side of his head, Phonepanzee can record his enemies' voices.
- Voice Mimicry: When Phonepanzee recorded his enemies' voices with his phone, he could gain that enemy's voice and sound exactly like them.
- Hand to Hand Combat: Phonepanzee was able to overwhelm Levi in hand to hand combat.
- Vine Swing: Being a chimpanzee-themed monster, Phonepanzee was able to swing on vines. It was shown to be powerful enough to send Calvin, Brody, and Sarah flying with one kick.
- Phone Call: Through the green phone typer on the left side of his head, Phonepanzee could type in people's phone numbers and call them.
- Strength: Phonepanzee was one of the stronger monsters, being able to hold Levi in place with one hand on his Rockstorm Guitar.
- Basherbots Summoning: Phonepanzee was able to summon Basherbots to aid him in battle.
- Sonic Countering: Phonepanzee's Super Sonic Boom could be countered by other sonic attacks and if countered, it would short out and be destroyed.
- Destroyed Speakers: Phonepanzee's speakers can be destroyed, rendering his Sonic Boom abilities completely unusable.
- Fists: Phonepanzee had no traditional weapons at all but could use his hands both for combat and to utilize his phone.
- Leather Bag: Phonepanzee had a brown leather bag where he kept all the Power Stars he stole from the Rangers that he captured.
Behind the Scenes
- Phonepanzee was voiced by Simon McKinnney.
- Phonepanzee's design combined the design of a monkey and a landline telephone.
- In addition, via his counterpart, Phonepanzee was based upon the Yamabiko from Japanese mythology. Yamabiko are Japanese Youkai responsible for the natural phenomenon in mountains or canyons. Living deep in the mountains, direct encounters with the yamabiko are rare. Often they are heard, but never seen.
- His name was a portmanteau of phone and chimpanzee.
to be added
to be added