|This article is about a/an giant monster in Power Rangers Super Samurai.|
- "Aha. Perhaps you'll rise to the occasion if I give you a bigger challenge. In a few moments, we shall see if you're really cut out for this. Papyrox! My creation obeys my every thoughts, follows my every command. He cuts and he destroys. Consider this your new test. Either you pass or you fail."
- ―Serrator creating and presenting the first Papyrox.[src]
The first Papyrox appears after Serrator's introduction when it easily overpowers the Battlewing Megazord and a single attack tears it apart. After Antonio Garcia successfully drives off Serrator with the LightZord he reveals its Mega Mode which easily overwhelms the monster (smashing its sword with a Battle Disc) and destroying the Papyrox with its Battle Disk Scattershot attack.
The second Papyrox appears alongside some Moogers and a pair of Spitfangs. The Moogers stand around and fight whereas the Spitfangs stand back and act as the primary defenders of the Papyrox. Mia formed the Samurai Megazord, Antonio called upon the Clawzord and formed the Claw Battlezord, and Jayden called forth his Bullzord. The Samurai Megazord then lands atop it and they begin cutting down the Moogers. Once the Moogers are dealt with, the Spitfangs badly damage the Megazord with their fireballs so Jayden forms the Bull Megazord and although the Spitfangs desperately fire, the Megazords knock back their fireballs by punching them. The Papyrox and its Spitfangs are then destroyed by a combination of the Samurai Strike, the Double Katana Strike, and the Revolving Laser Blaster.
The third Papyrox appears alongside another pair of Spitfangs after the death of Maldan and the apparent failure of Serrator's scheme. Like before, it personally commands the Spitfangs. However, the battle is much easier than the previous two since they have no Mooger support and this Papyrox appears to be much weaker than the first. While the Spitfangs are destroyed by the Claw Armor Megazord and its Double Katana Strike, the Papyrox remains but Jayden activates Shogun Mode and creates the Shogun Spear. He then orders "Ultimate Samurai Combination" and the Rangers form the Samurai Gigazord. Although the Papyrox tries to fight back, it is easily overwhelmed by the formation and is quickly annihilated by the Shogun Strike.
The fourth and fifth appear during the final battle with Serrator where they are destroyed by the Samurai Megazord's Samurai Strike and the Claw Battlezord's Claw Pincer Slash. After that Serrator was defeated for good by the Samurai Shark Gigazord that no more Papyroxes could be created.
to be added
Powers and Abilities
- Energy Blast: The first Papyrox was able to fire blue energy blast from its forehead. This was its strongest attack as a single blast took down all five Rangers and a continuous stream ripped apart the Battlewing Megazord and forced it back into the Samurai Megazord.
- Strength: The first Papyrox is shown to be able to rip apart the Battlewing Megazord and send the regular Megazord flying across the battlefield with a single uppercut of its sword which also knocked off its helmet.
- Durability: The second Papyrox was hit full force by the deflected fireballs of its Spitfangs but barely reacted and the third withstood the Gigazord's Tiger Drill Charge and Claw Pincer Slash with almost no harm done.
- Footsoldier Summoning: The second Papyrox seemed to summon its support if its gesturing is anything to go by.
- Two-Pronged Sword: The first Papyrox carried a long serrated sword with the majority of the blade divided in two like a pair of scissors, that it used to hack and slash its enemies.
- Weapon Catching: The division down the sword's center is apparently used to trap other weapons as seen when it caught the Battlewing Megazord's sword in between the halves of the blade.
- Arm Blades: Rather than wielding their own swords, some Papyroxes instead can have long blades mounted on their arms. The fourth one also had similar claws when it was deployed with the fifth, showing that this is a design decision from Serrator and not just a random happenstance.
Behind the Scenes
to be added
to be added
- The first Papyrox was the only monster to be destroyed by the Samurai Lightzord.
- The Papyrox is the first and current footsoldiers to be already giant in either season of Power Rangers Samurai.
to be added