|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers S.P.D.|
Officer Tate was the father of Sky Tate. He was a Red Ranger.
Officer Tate apparently helped create the Delta Morphers along with the parents of the other B-Squad Rangers and Kat Manx and due to this his DNA was altered. As a result, his son Sky was born with the ability to create force fields. He was once called to an intense battle, and saved dozens of people, but he ultimately lost his life to a criminal named Mirloc. Mirloc was later contained and sent to a special prison facility. His helmet was found and given to his son Sky after his death. Mirloc later escaped but was recaptured by Sky himself in battle.
S.P.D. Red Ranger
- Tate presumably piloted some sort of zord before his death, likely reminiscent of primitive S.P.D technology.
- Tate presumably utilized an array of weapons before his death, likely reminiscent of primitive S.P.D technology.
- His suit resembles that of the Red Time Force Ranger, Wesley Collins. This is due to Disney re-using suits and props from previous series. Supposedly the writers wanted Officer Tate to have a unique suit, however Disney denied their request. The suit is mostly unaltered save for a SPD logo on the chest, helmet and right shoulder. This led some fans to assume that Wesley was Sky's father at first. This was however, not true as Officer Tate was serving with S.P.D in the year 2001, the same year Time Force occurred, where he and the other 5 to 11 parents of the six S.P.D. rangers suffered an accident and had their DNA mutated, resulting in the S.P.D. rangers having unusual powers for humans.
- In order of series, Officer Tate is the first Red Ranger whose son also became a Red Ranger after him, the next was Mr. Shiba from Samurai, though chronologically, he is actually the second. The third is Brody Romero from Ninja Steel.
- He is also one of the Rangers who has died and not been resurrected in any sort of way. The one responsible for his death was Mirloc.