|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Octoplant is the female plant monster create by Squatt. She also served Rita. She is the main antagonist of the episode "Rita's Seed of Evil".
Octoplant was a vain female plant monster created by Squatt and one of only two female monsters during the first season, the other being Madame Woe. Rita planned to Octoplant will grow and her tentacles will destroy Earth. Possibly Goldar made this plan. Before hatching, her tentacles grew and strangled Jason almost to the point of death. He was saved by the Rangers, but while they were being attacked by Goldar, Scorpina and the Putties, the plant grew into a full-formed monster. Immediately, Rita made her grow, and the Rangers called their Zords. They took some damage from the monster before forming the Megazord. The monster proved to be too powerful for them, as she used her tentacle to knock huge bouts of power out of the Megazord. The Rangers called for the Power Sword to try to turn the tide, and the monster suddenly got distracted when she gazed at her own reflection from a glass building. The Rangers took advantage of the opportunity, and struck Octoplant (who turned around and realized too late what awaited her) with the finishing blow from the Power Sword, immediately bringing about her destruction. After being struck by the Power Sword, she actually could be heard crying the whole time she was falling in defeat, as if she were mourning her own death, surprising because she had shown no emotion previously, but it makes more sense if you remember her vanity.
Just like many other monsters, Octoplant is cunning, intelligent and unpredictable monster. She was very dangerous opponent for the Rangers. She is highly narcissistic and self-loving and is fond of looking at herself in the mirror. But her main weakness was her selfishness and narcissism as they tricked her by looking at her reflection and finally defeated her. She is also however faithful to Rita.
Powers and abilities
- Vegetable Matter: Octoplant's body is made of vegetable matter.
- Superhuman Strength
- Enormous Durability: Due to her plant body, body attacks mean little to her.
Behind The Scenes
Octoplant is voiced by Brianne Sidall.
- Octoplant is similar to many other plant science fiction characters, such as DC Swamp Thing.
- Octoplant is one two only female monsters in the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the other is Madame Woe.
- Octoplant was female, but her counterpart Dora Narcissus was male.
- Octoplant was one of two monsters leftover from the original Zyuranger footage that carried over past Doomsday, the other being Goatan.