|This article is about a/an monster in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.|
- " "They got me!""
- ―Oboroguruma's final words before his destruction.[src]
Oboroguruma (Oboroguruma (オボログルマ 3, 12 & 53)) is an oxen cart Yokai who evolved into a taxi in modern times.
Posing as a taxicar driver (運転手 untenshu), Oboroguruma is one of Azukiarai's flunkies and is motivated to help him due to the abuse he suffered from humans over the years. He was chasing a guy for not paying the fare when attacked by the Kakurangers before being saved by Jiraiya and believing there were still humans who respected his kind. But once learning that Jiraiya used him to gain the scrolls, Oborogurma personally sought to kill him until Jiraiya became Ninja Black. Oboroguruma then decided to destroy the entire city in rage, overpowering Red Saruder until Ninja Black obtained the other scrolls with the Juusho destroying Oboroguruma with the "Vacuum Hurricane".
A Replica of Oboroguruma was later created to aid Tengu with a large cannon was mounted onto his back. He faded once Tengu was killed.
Oboroguruma reappeared, along with all the other defeated Yokai, within the Seal Door after their master Daimaou was finally contained there by the Kakurangers. Reeling that they were now powerless in captivity, the Yokai all vowed that they would one day be reborn and regain their power, cursing humanity.
Oboroguruma merely wishes to make a living, and as such is hardworking and kind to those he considers friends. However, he has a bit of a violent temper, attacking those who make him angry.
Modus and Arsenal
- Oboro Ninja Art (オボロ忍法 Oboro Ninpō)
- Exhaust Bullet
- Honking Flatulence (ブーブーオナラ Būbū Onara)
- Oboroguruma's human form and voice is played by late Don Kantaro .
Behind the Scenes
- Oboroguruma, like most of the Kakuranger Yokai, is a modernization of a Japanese mythological creature. The creature is traditionally a chariot demon, and has been updated into a taxi cab.