|This article needs to be updated.
Character history missing.
These omissions are so great that the article's factual accuracy has been compromised. Check out the discussion page and revision history for further clues about what needs to be updated in this article.
|This article is about a/an ranger in Lupinranger VS Patranger.|
Noël Takao (高尾ノエル Takao Noeru), the adopted son of the late Arsène Lupin, is Lupin X (ルパンX Rupan Ekkusu), the Silver Ranger of the Lupinrangers & Patren X (パトレンX Patoren Ekkusu), the Gold Ranger of the Patrangers. To avoid complications, the Ganglers know him simply as X (X Ekkusu).
As a hybrid of both the Lupinrangers and the Patrangers, Noël describes himself as the embodiment of the collective VS Sentai (VS戦隊 Bui Esu Sentai, Versus Squadrons).
Noël was once an abandoned orphan hailing from the Back World in his (painful) childhood life, until the Phantom Thief Arsene Lupin adopted him, and taught him to modify his collection pieces, even giving to him the X Trains. When Noël was an adult, Dogranio Yaboon took the chance to steal the collection and murder the thief. Noël hurried to help as soon as he got the word but was too late, the wreckage and Lupin’s corpse leaving him to scream in grief. Following this incident, Noël vowed to recollect back what his adopted father treasured most and likely to revive him.
At some point, Noël invented six VS Changers and multiple VS Vehicles (six of three main colored vehicles are for both chosen Lupinrangers (Aircraft) and Patrangers (cars) respectively). Noël also joined a French division of GSPO, though he inadvertently allowed the Japanese branch's tactical unit access to GoodStriker and the main 3 Trigger Machines. He also found the missing Trigger Machines Crane & Drill, though they ended up the the hands of the Gangler Smash Brothers.
Homecoming to Japan from France
Noël arrived in Tokyo at a certain night, finding Zarudan Hou in coincidence and dealt with him as Lupin X, saving a life of a teenage schoolgirl and took a selfie with her. On the next day, he introduced himself bluntly to Kairi without transforming. To prove himself to Kairi as Lupin X, he performed acrobatics and showed to him that he stole all smartphones from all people through him, including Kairi. Kairi initially disbelieved him, especially more so as Noël let himself be arrested by Keichiro until he showed his warning card to meet him later. Later, Hilltop explained to the Patrangers that Noël was one of them and worked in the France branch making Noël free from the investigation, especially after Noël showed his license to the Patrangers. But Noël‘s claim as Lupin X had bothered Hilltop and the Patrangers. Keiichiro was irritated and asked him why he didn't tell him sooner before being caught and Noel simply answered, "So he would be taken to the office without getting lost."
Later, Zarudan appeared and declared his revenge against Lupin X. As the Patrengers transformed and Zarudan had no interest in them, Noël halted the Patrangers and transformed into Patren X instead. It surprised the Patrengers as well as the Lupinrangers as they looked on at Noël, making Kairi confused and questioning whether Noel was lying to him. In the battle against Zarudan, Zarudan initially vexed to Noël as he didn't show himself as Lupin X and mistook him as someone else until Lupinrangers transformed and Kairi faced off against Noël, asking if he was lying. But, Noël answered that HE is Lupin X and showed everyone his other form as Lupin X, making Zarudan finally fire up against Noël and face him again. Noël proved himself, having outmatched Zarudan and stealing his Lupin Collection once again, as he did the previous night. The teams weren't able to do anything but be amazed and confused about Noël at the same time. Neither team was able to understand which side Noël was on, because he helped Lupinrangers against the enlarged Zarudan with no hard feelings.
At night, Noël took a visit to Lupirangers as he had arrived in Bistrot Jurer earlier than them.
Which Sides to Be?
Noël told the Lupinrangers that he came to give what he had promised to them by giving the Lupin collection he had taken from Zarudan as a present, reminding Kairi about the previous card message. He also proved himself to be their ally by calling Kogure right when he appeared behind the Lupinrangers.
The next day, Noël was doubted by the Patrangers for what he was supposed to be by asking what exactly he is after which he replied that it was "secret" and also his work couldn't be told by the others, as proved by Jim for the permission to let Noël kept what he did as a secret. Noël did promise the Patrangers one thing: that he fought for justice. But before the Patrangers made the decision to trust him, a Gangler was spotted to make a ruckus and they dispatched. Noël didn't join in and sneakily informed the Lupinrangers about a Gangler incoming.
Later, he dressed as being on the Lupinrangers' side, only to show himself betraying the Lupinrangers after they gave him the Lupin Collection they have obtained. In thanks for what he had done, the Patrangers finally decided to trust him and he helped them to defeat the enlarged Gabatt Kabacci. In truth, Noël and Lupinrangers had made their betrayal fight as an act to trick the Patrangers, albeit Kairi was a bit vexed because Noël didn't hold back during the fight.
Satoru Shinonome publicly accused Noël of crossing the Sentai in favor of Ganglers. The same day, Gangler Tokagale Nakushaku received a collection piece with a letter from someone claiming to be Noël. Goche Ru Medou also announced to confused Lupinrangers that Noël has at least some non-human blood. However, when asked about this, GoodStriker confirmed the non-human part, but his tone implied Goodie has no problem trusting Noël anyway.
As Noël soon discovered that “Satoru” he and the VS Sentai saw is actually a Gangler spy/impostor Narizma Shibonz, who reveals himself to be the man who took the real Satoru’s form after his off-screen death. He and Patrangers soon eliminate Narizma, with the help of Lupinrangers to get the two stolen collection pieces before destroying Satoru’s imposter, and thus clearing Noël’s name.
Noël is visibly a very laid back and interactive person, taking his job and others as lax as he can be and getting himself involved with others even when they don't want him to, especially more evident when you realize he is in another squad separate from the main Patrangers. He also seems to be somewhat of a trickster as he revealed himself to be Lupin X to be arrested by GSPO Japan, only to reveal he only did so to get their headquarters quicker. Underneath that suave exterior is a very intelligent man, as he is the creator of most of the arsenal of both VS Sentai, and he is able to make calculative plans on the fly when he is in a good mood. Like a thief, he can appear in rooms without catching the attention of anyone.
He also placidly interjects French wording into his normal Japanese, such as "Oh la la~" when faced with an obstacle and "Au revoir." when taking his leave.
Even when he does not take his job seriously, he is still quite close with those he considers "friends", as he blamed himself for Umika's kidnapping when he planned for her and Sakuya's meet up. This goes as far as risking his life to gain vital information for those he trusted, even when said people are not as warm to him. He also has a lazy side, as he tried to stay in the Bistro to get out of cleaning his living space, only for the others to try and force him out. Additionally, he was naive when it came to their rules .
Of all of his allies, the one he is closest to is none other than his mentor and adoptive father, Arsene Lupin, whose death at the hands of Dogranio Yaboon both traumatized him and struck him with a vow of vengeance, determined to retrieve the collection, eliminate the Ganglers, and return to his father.
Powers and Abilities
- Non-human Physiology
- Since he is a non-human, he cannot use the VS Changers that are modified for human use only, and has to make his own special device of transformation.
- "X-nize! Kaitou X-Change! (Lupinranger-esque music) Lupin X!"
- ―Transformation announcement via X Changer[src]
- X Changer
- X Train Fire
- X Train Thunder
- Cyclone Dial Fighter (loaned from Lupin Red)
- Superior X (スペリオルエックス Superioru Ekkusu): Lupin X slashes with the X Rod Sword in an x-energy pattern that rockets towards the opponent, leaving a prominent x-shaped image on the foe before exploding.
- Superior Shot: Lupin X readies his X Changer as the muzzle charges energy into a white bullet. It is then shot as a flaming white bullet that homes in on the foe.
Appearances: Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger Episodes 20-25, Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger en film, 26-28, 30-35, 37-42, 44-51, Lupinranger VS Patranger VS Kyuranger, Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger VS Lupinranger VS Patranger
Super Lupin X is Lupin X's powered up form via SirenStriker, which has to be fired by another member of the VS Sentai due to his lack of a VS Changer.
- X Changer
- X Rod Sword
- Super Superior Strike: Lupin X holds the handles to charge and fire five golden steampunk-esque rockets. On some occasions, Noël will stay stationary while someone else fires the rockets.
Appearances: Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger Episode 38, 40-42, 44-46, 48
- "X-nize! Keisatsu X-Change! (Patranger-esque music) Patren X!"
- ―Transformation announcement via X Changer[src]
- Excellent X: Patren X shifts the lever three times to then form a large sharp X sigil surrounded by a spinning ring of crosses, then jabs the rod into the construct to fire it.
Appearances: Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger Episodes 20-24, Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger en film, 26-28, 30-34, 36-38, 41-42, 44-45, 47-51, Lupinranger VS Patranger VS Kyuranger, Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger VS Lupinranger VS Patranger
Super Patren X is Patren X's powered up form via VictoryStriker, which has to be fired by another member of the VS Sentai due to his lack of a VS Changer. This form allows Noël to predict the opponent moves.
- X Changer
- X Rod Sword
This Form is exclusively to Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger Episode 51
Transformation and Roll Call
Behind the Scenes
- Noël is the first Sixth Ranger to be part of two different teams.
- Both Lupin X and Patren X forms have variations in design in terms of which team of Rangers he works with.
- Lupin X is modeled after a tuxedo, and does not contain a cape. He is the only Lupinranger whose top hat is in his color, but his visor is not.
- Patren X is modeled after a trench coat, a common trope associated with detectives. He is the only Patranger whose police hat is his color and not a part of his visor.
- Both helmets contain a facsimile of the "hat" from the opposite form as the mouth plate. When he is driving the X Trains, he changes between his ranger forms by having his face "rotate" to suit the train he is driving.
- Noël joining both the Lupinrangers and the Patrangers simultaneously is a reference to the "double agent" who in the context of this series, could be a police officer doing undercover operations to infiltrate criminal groups and gain information on their high-value targets, or a criminal acting as a mole for said criminal groups in an effort to keep them one step ahead of the law.
- Noël is the first Lupinranger/Patranger to have a full roll call, instead of just simply stating his ranger designation.
- X can represent the word "cross", befitting the role of Noël crossing over by teaming with either the Lupinrangers and the Patrangers. X also designates an unknown number or variable, as he can be seen as a wild card due to his two-ranger status.
- Noël's phantom thief uniform is normally without a mask unlike the other Lupinrangers' uniforms, though it is later shown he gains a mask of his own in episode 26.
Yuusaku • Shirogane • Eiji • Miu • Gosei Knight • Gai • J • Torin • Dantetsu • Naga • Noel • Takamichi
|View • Edit|
Hikaru • Hiroto • Genta • Masato • Utsusemimaru • Kinji • Balance • Noel • Canalo • Zox Goldtsuiker
|View • Edit|