|This article is about a/an ranger in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Little is known about Ninjor's past. Ninjor is a powerful Ninja that knows many mysteries and secrets of the Morphin Grid thanks to the books written by the Morphin Masters which are stored within his temple. Using this knowledge, Ninjor learned about the Grid and the Power Coins were forged "to be used by those battling the evil forces of the universe." However, for over 10,000 years, this remained a myth as Zordon of Eltar and Alpha 5 just stumbled upon the Power Coins with a map to the Temple of Power hidden in the Desert of Despair.
When Rito Revolto destroys the Thunderzords and damages the first set of Power Coins permanently, the Power Rangers seek out Ninjor at the Temple of Power for assistance. At first, Ninjor isn't easily convinced that the Rangers seek out the Ninja Power for the right reasons and refuses to help them. However, after hearing an impassioned speech from Tommy about not giving up, he changes his mind as they have shown the true virtuousness of heroes. Ninjor bestows on them new Power Coins and the Ninjazords which defeat Rito. However, an egg planted outside of the Temple's entrance hatches into a Vampirus who has been told to destroy Ninjor and the Temple of Power to strip the Power Rangers of thier new powers. Ninjor ambushes Vampirus near the entrance so the monster has Rita and Zedd enlarge him as Ninjor does the same but the monster traps him in another dimension and wipes him out. However, Ninjor turns into Ninjor Battle Mode after Vampirus insults him and charges at the shocked monster who pulls out a katana only to be disarmed and taken out of his realm by Ninjor's lance. As the Ninja MegaFalconzord arrives, Ninjor then hits him with his signature fireball finisher before the Ninja MegaFalconzord destroys Vampirus with the Power Punch. Later, Ninjor contacts Zordon through the Viewing Globe and declare that he has decided to assist the Rangers in battle whenever they need him and that they only need to call his name for help.
Ninjor is summoned on his cloud after the Artistmole’s body proves to be made of paint and thus the Rangers’ attacks are useless against him. Ninjor tries to fight the monster but he is indestructible which allows the monster to smack him down and drain all six of their life-forces and render them easy to destroy. Before the monster can finish them off though, Kimberly (having been searching for her missing Communicator) arrives and forces the Artistmole to retreat with her Blade Blaster and restores her ally’s powers in the process. Rita and Zedd then enlarge the Artistmole so the Rangers form the Ninja Megazord whilst Ninjor grows giant. Ninjor turns into Ninjor Battle Mode after the Artistmole proves to be very arrogant and blasts the shocked monster with a fireball which allows the Ninja MegaFalconzord to destroy the Artistmole.
Ninjor appears of his own volition after the Ninja Megazord is formed to fight a giant Lanterra as he has sensed the monster’s presence and come to help. Ninjor fights Centiback one-on-one but Centiback's roughhousing easily defeats the ninja master. However, Ninjor turns into Ninjor Battle Mode after Lanterra calls him a dimbulb and blasts the monster with a fireball which allows the Ninja MegaFalconzord to finish him off.
After Centiback turns all of the Power Rangers besides Rocky, Ninjor is summoned as help. They are given special buckets to reverse the monster’s spell and confront the monster in the quarry. Together, they use the baskets to reverse the energy emitted the footballs which turns his victims back to normal which enrages Centiback. When Rita and Zedd enlarge the monster, the Ninja Megazord is summoned as Ninjor enlarges. Ninjor fights Centiback one-on-one but Centiback's roughhousing easily defeats the ninja master. However, Ninjor turns into Ninjor Battle Mode after Centiback insults him and charges at the shocked monster before energy slashing him and leaving him open for the Ninja Megazord to finish off.
Ninjor appears of his own volition after Katastrophe enlarges as he has sensed her presence. As the Ninja Megazord is formed, he slashes and punches her down before turning into Battle Mode and launching a fireball at her. Weakened, Katastrophe is easily defeated by the Ninja MegaFalconzord though she survives and reverts back to Katherine Hillard.
Ninjor is captured by Rita and Zedd to power the Shogun Megazord after he is summoned to help against the Tenga Warriors and is then captured by a giant Goldar. At the same time, a mind-controlled Katherine Hillard steals Kimberly's Crane power coin and seized the White Ninja Falconzord, putting the Ninjazords out of commission and leaving the Rangers vulnerable although they eventually get control of the Shogunzords.
After Master Vile arrives at the Moon Palace and declares Rita and Rito to be failures, Rito impresses him by showing him Ninjor's vase. reclaim the Falconzord, and Ninjor escaped shortly after. He is recaptured by Master Vile and linked to the Blue Globbor monster which causes all damage to Globbor to transfer to Ninjor. However, when Alpha and Zordon expose the monster to sunlight, he is reverted back to his regular form and the connection to Ninjor is severed. With his powers now restored, Ninjor easily breaks free of his chains and enlarges immediately after Master Vile and helps the Rangers to destroy the Blue Globbor and send Master Vile packing.
After the Rangers become the Zeo Rangers, Ninjor is never seen again and Tommy comments that he is once again residing at the Temple of Power and has reclaimed the Ninjazords.
Ninjor is featured in a chronicle of Power Ranger history compiled by Tommy Oliver shortly after he formed the Dino Rangers which is found by the nascent Ranger team in the Dino Lab. Ninjor is seen when Tommy recounts the events of "Ninja Quest."
Ninjor does not participate in the Legendary Battle for unknown reasons. Unlike many Ranger-like allies, Ninjor is on Earth and available to fight, making his absence an oddity. Ninjor's current whereabouts or if he still resides within the Temple of Power is unknown although he most likely still does.
Street Fighter Showdown
Escaping from his prison, Lord Drakkon makes his way to where Ninjor is hiding and convinces him to repair his damaged Morpher and Power Coin, telling the sage that he came from the future and can't share too much information for fear of altering the timeline.
When Drakkon returns to Finster 5, it is revealed that he has captured Ninjor and used his knowledge to give himself a Samurai upgrade from one of the stolen Samuraizers. What happened to Ninjor after this is unclear but is is implied that Drakkon brainwashed the ninja master to serve him but the Rangers later rescue him.
In 2205, Ninjor is still residing inside his bottle in the Temple of Power until the Blue Senturion arrives with the intention of arresting him as he believes that Ninjor is responsible for the creation of the Mutant Rangers that rob the the Angel Grove Museum. Ninjor is initially unwilling to cooperate as he wishes to be left alone and even mocks the rookie cop by poking his eye when the Senturion picks up his bottle. However, when Ninjor overhears that the Rangers are related to the crime, he grows curious and excitedly decides to join the Blue Senturion as his partner on the case much to the Blue Senturion’s chagrin.
After Ninjor discovers that the Rangers the Blue Senturion is after are Putty Patrollers that can impersonate Rangers using the Badges of Darkness, he meditates to track the energies of the Badges of Darkness. This allows him to sense one of Mesogog's Invisiportals that the Mutant Rangers escape into. The two head later find themselves on a desert at night where the Blue Senturion tries to do a stakeout, much to Ninjor's impatience. The Mutant Rangers later appear disguised as the Turbo Rangers and they start digging the Red Battlezord on the desert, Ninjor and the Blue Senturion witness the Zord emerge from the ground.
Ninjor changes into his giant Battle Mode whilst the Senturion summons the Robo Racer before Ninjor kicks and tosses the Zeo Battlezord right into Robo Racer, damaging it but defeating the Rangers who later melt out of the Zeo Battlezord. Ninjor then commands the Zeo Battlezord and crashes at Venus as that was where the Mutant Rangers where going. The duo approaches Monsieur Muster's lair and Muster introduces himself to the the duo and deploys a large collection of Krybots, but the duo easily defeat the Krybots and later arrest Muster. Ninjor later repairs the Senturion's Robo Racer and they both say that they should work together again sometime, shaking hands and referring to each other as "BFFs of Justice".
Video Game Appearances
Power Rangers Key Scanner
Ninjor appears in the videogame Power Rangers Key Scanner amongst various other Rangers teams.
Power Rangers Legacy Wars
Ninjor is among the many Rangers who feature in Power Rangers Legacy Wars. He is an Epic (Leader), Epic (Assist) character.
Puzzle and Dragons
As part of the collaboration by Hasbro in a limited game event, Ninjor was an unlockable character in Puzzle and Dragons.
- 8 Turns ( 8 Turns at Lv.1 ),This card can be used as assist.
- All attribute cards ATK x4, 25% all damage reduction when attacking with Wood and Water combos at the same time.
- ATK x2.5 at 3 combos. ATK x0.5 for each additional combo, up to ATK x4 at 6 combos.
Given his voice, Ninjor can come across as goofy, silly and comedic but was a very serious and dangerous fighter who was quick to anger when insulted which was also his greatest strength. When he first met the Power Rangers, Ninjor was isolationist and dismissive to the point of rudeness but eventually became more amiable and reasonable when the Rangers proved themselves.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Ninjor is strong enough to send Katastrophe flying to the ground with a single punch and easily overwhelm Goldar in battle.
- Durability: Ninjor was shot and slashed by Lanterra, slashed by Goldar, slashed and blasted by Dischordia, and blasted by Master Vile without getting badly hurt.
- Self Growth: Ninjor is able to grow into a giant in a massive puff of smoke at will.
- Battle Mode Transformation: When angered, Ninjor can transform into a Megazord like Battle Mode at will.
- Instant Transformation: Ninjor can also transform into Battle Mode without being angered as seen whilst fighting Dischordia.
- Empowerment: Ninjor is able to summon lightning into himself and fire white lightning into the Power Rangers to give them their Ninja Ranger powers.
- Energy Screen: Ninjor can charge white lightning into his body to fire a yellow energy beam from his left index. It formed an energy screen to show off the Ninjazords.
- Ninjazord Granting: Ninjor was able to summon colorful energy columns over the Rangers to allow them access to the Ninjazords.
- Ninja Mastery: Ninjor is a master ninja skilled in battle and teaching others.
- Flash Step: A move that allows Ninjor to teleport instantly teleport around in explosions of smoke. He only did this in the episode “Ninja Quest-part IV” to mess with the Vampirus.
- Evil Sense: Ninjor sensed the upcoming attack by Rito Revolto to Angel Grove and presumably did so whenever he came to help the Rangers unprompted.
- Teleportation: Ninjor can teleport to any location at will in a flash of blue energy. However, he only did this in the episode “Ninja Quest-part III” after seeing the Power Rangers off.
- Teaching: Ninjor is an excellent teacher, able to teach the Power Rangers everything about thier new Ninja Ranger powers and Zords.
- Swordsmanship: Ninjor is an excellent swordsman, easily overwhelming the Blue Globbor and multple other monsters with his swordsmanship.
- Smoke Teleportation: Ninjor is able to disappear and reappear in puffs of smoke at will as seen when he humiliated Vampirus.
- Power Draining: Although very powerful, Ninjor is extremely vulnerable to having his energy drained as it completely defeated him when he met the Blue Globbor.
- Connection to Globbor (formerly): Whilst captured by Master Vile, he had a close connection to the Blue Globbor that allowed the monster to drain his energy for new powers and meant that any damage dealt to it injured Ninjor as well. When Globbor was exposed to sunlight however, the connection was completely severed and Ninjor was able to free himself.
- Ninjato: Ninjor wields a large katana in battle that he kept in a sheath on his back.
- Lance Transformation: Ninjor's katana can combine with its hilt to form a much bigger and stronger lance-like weapon. However, he only used it in Battle Mode.
- Cloud: Ninjor was usually seen entering Zord battles on a cloud if he hadn't been assiting the Power Rangers before-hand.
Powers and Abilities
- Power: Ninjor Battle Mode is far more powerful than his regular form and was able to easily overwhelm and defeat the Blue Globbor who was stronger than the Megazords.
- Strength: Ninjor Battle Mode can send the Blue Globbor flying across the city with a single strike from the butt of his lance to the monster's face.
- Fireball Generation: Ninjor Battle Mode's most powerful attack where he focuses all of his energies between his hands to fire forth a large orange fireball into the monsters. Typically, they are just used to weaken monsters for the Ninja Megazord to finish them but his fireball is what ultimately kills the Blue Globbor.
to be added
- Samurai Lance: Ninjor Battle Mode wields a massive blue lance that is a combination of his ninjato and its sheath. It is stronger than his default sword.
- Energy Slash: Ninjor can charge red energy into his katana to perform a devastating energy slash into the monster's chest. However, it was only used once against Centiback.
Appearances: MMPR S3 Episodes 7-9, 11, 18, 31, 32
Legendary Ranger Devices
The Ninjor Ranger Key is Ninjor’s personal Ranger Key. This key is exclusive to the Toyline. Of course as with all Ranger Keys, should it exist, it would be able to transform one, i.e. one of the Super Mega Rangers, into Ninjor.
Ninjor is one of the heroes that represent the Alien Rangers for the MMAR Dino Charger, released as part of a special set of Dino Charger Power Packs. In the Alien Rangers' case, it featured the Red Aquitar Ranger, Ninjor, the Shogun Megazord, and the MMAR title. This Charger was paired with the Super Megaforce Dino Charger.
Behind the Scenes
- Ninjor's name is derived from "ninja".
- Ninjor's battle mode is based on a samurai.
- His sword and scabbard are intended to combine to resemble a "naginata"/javelin.
- Ninjor was voiced by Kim Strauss. For Street Fighter Showdown, Ninjor was voiced by Aaron Spurlock.
- Ninjor was planned to appear as one of many returning characters who would contribute to the story in Hexagon, the original plan for the season after Wild Force and adaptation of Ninpu Sentai Hurricaneger. As Hurricaneger was a ninja team, Amit Bhaumik suggested that the Hexagon Rangers' (Hurricanegers) powers would likely be derived from Ninjor. However, the Hexagon plan was scrapped when Power Rangers was bought by Disney and Hurricaneger became Power Rangers Ninja Storm.
- Ninjor was the first Power Rangers character to receive a toy in 3 Power Rangers lines. His first toy was as himself, in Mighty Morphin and was later repurposed as Ninjakon for Ninja Storm. Ninjakon would then be repurposed slightly for Power Rangers Jungle Fury.
Billy Cranston • Cestro • Rocky DeSantos • Justin Stewart • T.J. Johnson • Kai Chen • Chad Lee • Lucas Kendall • Max Cooper • Tori Hanson • Ethan James • Schuyler Tate • Bridge Carson • Madison Rocca • Dax Lo • Theo Martin • Flynn McAllistair • Kevin • Noah Carver • Koda • Preston Tien • Ravi Shaw • Ollie Akana
Billy Cranston/1995 movie • Billy Cranston/World of the Coinless • Serge • Cenozoic Blue Ranger • Billy Cranston/2017 movie • Eddie Banks • Lina Song • Nikolai Chukarin • Blue Emissary
|View • Edit|