|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel is a ring-themed monster created by Lord Zedd from a stone fist statue who is the main antagonist of the iconic two part episode "White Light." She is remembered for being the first monster to face the Mighty Morphin' White Ranger, White Tigerzord, and Mega Tigerzord.
With Zordon and Alpha missing in action, Lord Zedd decided to create a powerful monster from a statue in Angel Grove Park, dubbing it Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel. Zedd used the confusion surrounding Zordon's disappearance and the discovery of Rita's space dumpster to allow Nimrod time to evolve into her final form.
Nimrod confronted the Rangers with Zack trying to cut her down but was taken down instead. Lord Zedd then threw a Growth Bomb and Nimrod grew before blasting the Rangers who shrugged it off and called for the Thunderzords. They formed the Thunder Megazord but Nimrod summoned two assistant monsters named AC and DC who combined their powers with her own and took out the Megazord. This devastating attack crippled the Megazord causing massive damage and taking it out of action, forcing the Rangers to retreat.
After Tommy gained the powers of the White Ranger, he was forced to fight Nimrod alone, as the other Zords were still being repaired by Billy and Trini and the others were fighting Putties over Rita's dumpster. Tommy arrived on scene and immediately summoned the new White Tigerzord which overwhelmed Nimrod with a bowl and then changed into Warrior Mode and easily overwhelmed Nimrod and took her down with a White Tiger Thunderbolt. However, Nimrod was not done and summoned AC and DC who overwhelmed the Tigerzord with jump slashes and all three unleashed a massive barrage of energy balls, knocking the Tigerzord back into Tiger Mode and ejecting Tommy from it.
Tommy managed to get the White Tigerzord back on its feet as the Red Dragon Thunderzord arrived, riding the Tigerzord into battle and turning the tide by cutting through the monsters. The Rangers then formed the new Mega Tigerzord which was completely immune to the same attack that took out the Thunder Megazord. AC and DC then took to the air to try and perform an aerial strike like they had on the regular Tigerzord before but were punched back into Nimrod, knocking all three down. Nimrod spent her final moments bickering with her thugs before the Mega Tigerzord powered up its finishing attack. Upon being struck by the Mega Tigerzord's Grid Strike attack, AC and DC vanished into oblivion while Nimrod fell to the ground and exploded.
Nimrod is a cold and sinister monster. She seemed proud of her strength and power in dispatching the Power Rangers and taunted the team. She ordered AC and DC around with authority and complained when they did not follow orders.
Powers And Abilities
Nimrod is one of Lord Zedd's most powerful monsters and proved a force to be reckoned with. Already strong, her power was amplified by teamwork with their minions, AC and DC. Together, the trio were able to defeat the Thunder Megazord and White Tigerzord in Warrior Mode. In the end, it took the Mega Tigerzord to defeat them.
- Strength: Nimrod is at least as strong as Lord Zedd's previous monsters and seemed to outclass several later efforts, defeating two Megazords easily with her minions' assistance and putting up a decent fight against the Mega Tigerzord.
- Durability-Nimrod is able to remain standing despite taking the White Tiger Thunderbolt head on and shrugged the Mega Tigerzord punching AC and DC into her.
- Extraordinary Jumper: Nimrod can leap very high into the air, jumping as high as Zack who, in the episode "Happy Birthday, Zack" where this shot came from, he jumped as high as some tall hills behind him.
- AC & DC Summoning: Nimrod can summon two monsters, similar in appearance, to aid her, in battle. The two follow Nimrod's orders by default and use their teamwork and combined firepower to overcome foes even stronger than Nimrod themself.
- Energy Balls: Nimrod can fire light orange colored energy balls from her hands that, once combined with AC and DC's own versions of this attack, it decimated the White Tigerzord.
- Lighting Balls: Nimrod can also fire light pink colored lightning balls from her hands and face. This caused large explosions around the White Tigerzord (both before and after gaining the Red Dragon Thunderzord as s rider) but failed to stop it either time.
- Lighting Breath: Nimrod can fire light green colored lightning beams from her mouth which also has orange lighting as splash effect.
- Energy Laser Ambush: Nimrod can fire a spread of light orange and light pink colored energy lasers from the rings on her shoulders which was strong enough to take down all five Rangers with one blast when she was enlarged.
- Lightning Staff: Nimrod carries a lightning staff for combat.
- Lightning Beams: Nimrod can fire light green colored lightning beams from her staff.
With AC and DC
- Hand to Hand Combat-Nimrod and her goons were very skilled when it came to close quarters combat, being able to defeat the Tigerzord in Warrior Mode with ease.
- Experts in Armed Combat-Nimrod and her goons easily broke through the Tigerzord's defences and struck it with thier weapons at least once each.
- Energy Balls: Nimrod and AC and DC can all fire light orange colored energy balls from their hands.
- Lightning Strike-The combined attack of the Scarlet Sentinels and their most powerful move. Nimrod would summon their minions and they would all fire in unison, Nimrod from his lightning staff and AC and DC from their swords. This was strong enough to take out the Thunder Megazord with one hit but had no effect on the Mega Tigerzord.
Behind The Scenes
- Nimrod is voiced by Brianne Siddall, using the same voice that she would later give Vase Face in the season finale.
- Nimrod is the first monster fought by the Mighty Morphin White Ranger, the White Tigerzord, and the Mega Tigerzord.
- Nimrod did not have a usable growth sequence because, in Dairanger, Lieutenant Colonel Shadam was clearly in frame when Lady Ring enlarged.
- In the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie game for the Sega Genesis, the monsters were referred to as S. Sentinel Ring, S. Sentinel Ear, and S. Sentinel Neck, a reference to the Dairanger names of the Three Ladies: "Lady Ring", "Lady Earring", and "Lady Necklace".
- It's unclear where AC and DC come from or what their fate was at the end of White Light. In the Dairanger episode where the footage was taken from, the other two villains had previously been killed and were temporarily revived by Lady Ring. In the American series the changes to the monster's concept offered little explanation for the additional two combatants and their fading away led some to believe that they might not have been destroyed.
- Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel is probably named after the Marvel Comics character Nimrod, a Sentinel-class robot from an alternate future as an enemy of the X-Men.
- It's very likely since both share a similar redish-pink color and the X-Men Animated Series was airing on Fox.