|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "A little high voltage anyone?"
- ―Nimrod upon being enlarged.[src]
With Zordon and Alpha gone with no explanation, Lord Zedd decided to create a powerful monster from the Sentinel Statue in Angel Grove Park to keep the Power Rangers busy and hopefully destroy them. However, Nimrod was so powerful that she'd need time to fully bake and gain her monster form which forced him to defend it with the Putty Patrol when Zack stumbled upon the statue which was dripping green slime. Though the Putties were wiped out easily, the Rangers withdrew to the Command Center to find out why Zack didn't hear from Zordon earlier on but Zedd got bored and forced Nimrod to fully animate herself from the Sentinel Statue. Nimrod caused a massive earthquake which forced the Power Rangers to morph and confront her in the park. Zack tried to cut her down with his Blade Blaster but she jumped up and struck him down with one swing of her staff. As the Rangers regrouped around him, Nimrod blasted them down with a blast from her staff and fired a stream of lightning from her mouth although the Rangers managed to duck this. Zedd then threw a Growth Bomb and Nimrod grew before blasting the Rangers who shrugged it off and called for the Thunderzords. They formed the Thunder Megazord but Nimrod summoned two monsters named AC and DC who combined their powers with her own and took out the Megazord. This devastating attack crippled the Megazord causing massive damage and taking it out of action, forcing the Rangers to retreat.
Billy fled back to the Command Center whilst the others fled back to his lab. With nothing to do, Nimrod dispelled AC and DC and apparently teleported back to the Moon Palace until further notice. Goldar reported to Zedd that the Rangers had fled after their defeat and Zedd decided to proceed with his plans for Tommy until the Power Rangers returned so that the Scarlet Sentinels could finish them off. Later, Zedd sent Nimrod back down to Angel Grove where she attacked the industrial center to lure out and finish off the Rangers. However, the Thunderzords were still being repaired by Billy and Trini and the other three were fighting Putties who were trying to access Rita Repulsa's dumpster. Luckily, Alpha and Zordon's absence was to create the Mighty Morphin White Power Ranger identity to give to the recently de-powered Tommy Oliver. He was forced to fight Nimrod alone as Tommy arrived on scene and immediately summoned the new White Tigerzord with the help of his new sentient sword Saba although it initially lacked proper control due to Saba’s inexperience. They quickly got their acts together and mounted the Zord so Nimrod blasted it with her energy balls but the new Zord and its pilots were unfazed. The White Tigerzord overwhelmed Nimrod with a roar before Tommy entered the cockpit and changed it into Warrior Mode which had a sword made from the Zord’s tail. Using it, they easily matched Nimrod move for move and pushed down her scepter before stunning her with a sliding slash followed up with three slashes. Tommy then ordered Saba to make the Zord duplicate his moves before he punched her in the face three times and sent her flying with a high right kick. Tommy then inserted a crystal ball into a slot in the White Tigerzord and took down Nimrod with the White Tigerzord’s signature White Tiger Thunderbolt but Nimrod was not done and summoned AC and DC. Tommy was confident that he’d be able to thrash them despite being heavily outnumbered but AC and DC overwhelmed the Tigerzord their speed and slashed them with their swords. Nimrod and her thugs then surrounded the White Tigerzord on three sides and unleashed a massive barrage of energy balls, knocking the Tigerzord back into Tiger Mode and ejecting Tommy from it.
As the Scarlet Sentinels advanced on his Zord to destroy it, Tommy called for help from Jason and managed to get the White Tigerzord back on its feet just as the Red Dragon Thunderzord arrived and it rode the Tigerzord into battle, turning the tide by jabbing AC and DC aside with its staff and slashing Nimrod across her waist. AC and DC charged and Nimrod barraged the two with her energy balls but they were unfazed and Tommy had the Red Dragon Thunderzord eject from the White Tigerzord. Tommy then re-entered his Zord and turned it back into Warrior Mode immediately before the Unicorn, Griffin, Lion and Firebird Thunderzords arrived with Zordon having apparently sent them through remote control. Tommy had the Zords combine which formed the new Mega Tigerzord to Nimrod and her flunkies’ shock. Nimrod and her goons fired the same attack that decimated the Thunder Megazord previously but the Mega Tigerzord just walked on through the blasts. AC and DC cowered behind Nimrod but she forced them into battle despite themselves so they took to the air and vaulted off of Nimrod’s face to gain an aerial advantage. However, the Mega Tigerzord punched them back into Nimrod, knocking all three down as the Mega Tigerzord powered up its finishing attack. As Nimrod insulted her minions for failing so miserably, the Mega Tigerzord unleashed the flaming Firebird Thunderzord and set it alight before it explosively ripped straight through all three Scarlet Sentinels. As the Firebird Thunderzord reattached, AC and DC writhed and vanished into oblivion while Nimrod dropped her staff before she fell on her face and exploded.
Nimrod appeared in the two-part comics equivalent of the iconic "White Light" episode. Whilst Zack and Trini confronted Jason for breaking into the Command Center with the Blue Emmisary, Lord Zedd put his latest plan into action. She is first seen she was been created from the Sentinel Statue in Angel Grove Park and is tasked with fighting and destroying the Power Rangers. Deciding that waiting for the Viewing Globe would waste too much time, Nimrod decided to draw them out by starting to blow up the park and they arrived so on time that she was able to perform a countdown to the second although she was a second off. She offhandedly welcomed them whilst complaining about them taking so long before summoning an energy ball and blasting it at the Rangers who narrowly avoided it. Meanwhile, Zedd confronted Tommy in the Temple of Light and took control of the Sword of Light
After Tommy defeated "Zedd" (who was actually an illusion by the Temple of Light), Nimrod had enlarged and summoned AC and DC and they were overwhelming the Thunder Megazord. With Billy drawing a blank on giving them more power, they equipped the Thunder Saber but Nimrod leapt out of the way of it. She then slapped it out of the way with her staff and combined powers with AC and DC, taking the Megazord down with a single shot and forcing them to retreat. They then moved into the countryside only to be confronted by Tommy as the new White Ranger in his new White Tigerzord. She quickly energy slashed it across the shoulder and they prepared their massive energy blast to finish it off but the Thunderzord Assault Team arrived and they formed the Mega Tigerzord. Before Nimrod could finish it off with the same laser ball that earlier defeated the Thunder Megazord, the Mega Tigerzord fired the Firebird Thunderzord straight through her and her minions, destroying all three of them instantly.
Nimrod was a cold and sinister monster who seemed proud of her strength and power in dispatching the Power Rangers and taunted the team. However, she was very haughty as she ordered AC and DC around with authority and complained when they did not follow orders. In the comics' split timeline, although she retains her TV counterpart's tenacity and psychopathic tendencies, this version of Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel is also extremely impatient to the point of being willing to destroy property just to hurry things along.
Powers and Abilities
- Power: Nimrod was one of Lord Zedd's most powerful monsters and proved a force to be reckoned with. Nimrod, even compared to previous monsters, is very powerful and is a force to be reckoned with. Already strong by herself, her power was only amplified by teaming up with AC and DC. Together, the trio were able to defeat the Thunder Megazord and White Tigerzord in Warrior Mode and it ultimately took the Mega Tigerzord to defeat them. However, later monsters like Goldgoyle and Tankenstein are far superior to her in terms of firepower and strength.
- Strength: Nimrod was at least as strong as Lord Zedd's previous monsters and seemed to outclass several later efforts, defeating two Megazords easily with her minions' assistance and putting up a decent fight against the Mega Tigerzord.
- Durability: Nimrod was able to remain standing despite taking the White Tiger Thunderbolt head on and shrugged the Mega Tigerzord punching AC and DC into her.
- Extraordinary Jumper: Nimrod could leap very high into the air, jumping as high as Zack who, in the episode "Happy Birthday, Zack" where this shot came from, he jumped as high as some tall hills behind him.
- AC & DC Summoning: Nimrod could summon two monsters, similar in appearance, to aid her, in battle. The two followed Nimrod's orders by default and use their teamwork and combined firepower to overcome foes even stronger than Nimrod.
- Energy Balls: Nimrod could fire light orange colored energy balls from her hands. When combined with AC and DC's own versions of this attack, it decimated the White Tigerzord.
- Lighting Balls: Nimrod could also fire light pink colored lightning balls from her hands and face. This caused large explosions around the White Tigerzord (both before and after gaining the Red Dragon Thunderzord as s rider) but failed to stop it either time.
- Lighting Breath: Nimrod could fire light green colored lightning beams from her mouth which also had orange lighting as a splash effect.
- Energy Laser Ambush: Nimrod could fire a spread of light orange and light pink colored energy lasers from the rings on her shoulders which was strong enough to take down all five Rangers with one blast when she was enlarged.
- Lightning Staff: Nimrod carried a lightning staff for combat.
- Lightning Beams: Nimrod could fire light green colored lightning beams from her staff.
With AC and DC
- Hand to Hand Combat: Nimrod and her goons were very skilled when it came to close quarters combat, being able to defeat the Tigerzord in Warrior Mode with ease.
- Experts in Armed Combat: Nimrod and her goons easily broke through the Tigerzord's defences and struck it with thier weapons at least once each.
- Energy Balls: Nimrod and AC and DC could all fire light orange colored energy balls from their left hands.
- Sentinel Strike: The combined attack of the Scarlet Sentinels and their most powerful move. Nimrod would summon their minions and they would all fire in unison, Nimrod firing a barrage of energy balls from her left hand and AC and DC firing red-orange lightning from their swords. This was strong enough to take out the Thunder Megazord with one hit but had no effect on the Mega Tigerzord.
Behind The Scenes
- Nimrod is voiced by Brianne Siddall who used the same voice that she would later give to Vase Face in the Season 2 finale.
- Due to appearing in "White Light," Nimrod is one of the most well known monsters in the franchise although not as famous as the Pudgy Pig.
- The reason that Nimrod's "fight" with the Thunder Megazord was so brief was because she never actually fought it in Dairanger. Her counterpart only enlarged twice, the first occasion being used for the White Tigerzord fight and she teleported away after she and the counterparts to AC and DC defeated it and grew again which was when she died.
- Nimrod did not have a usable growth sequence because, in Dairanger, Lieutenant Colonel Shadam was clearly in frame when Lady Ring enlarged.
- In the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie game for the Sega Genesis, the Scarlet Sentinels were referred to as S. Sentinel Ring, S. Sentinel Ear, and S. Sentinel Neck, a reference to the Dairanger names of the Three Ladies: Lady Ring Lady Earring, and Lady Necklace."
- It's unclear where AC and DC come from or what their fate was at the end of White Light. In the Dairanger episode where the footage was taken from, the other two villains had previously been killed and were temporarily revived by Lady Ring. In the American series the changes to the monster's concept offered little explanation for the additional two combatants and their fading away led some to believe that they might not have been destroyed.
- Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel was probably named after the Marvel Comics character Nimrod, a Sentinel-class robot from an alternate future as an enemy of the X-Men.