|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "A little high voltage anyone?"
- ―Nimrod upon being enlarged.[src]
With Zordon and Alpha gone with no explanation, Lord Zedd decided to create a powerful monster from the Sentinel Statue in Angel Grove Park to keep the Power Rangers busy and hopefully destroy them. However, Nimrod was so powerful that she'd need time to fully bake and gain her monster form which forced him to defend it with the Putty Patrol when Zack stumbled upon the statue which was dripping green slime. Though the Putties were wiped out easily, the Rangers withdrew to the Command Center to find out why Zack didn't hear from Zordon earlier on but Zedd got bored and forced Nimrod to fully animate herself from the Sentinel Statue. Nimrod caused a massive earthquake which forced the Power Rangers to morph and confront her in the park. Zack tried to cut her down with his Blade Blaster but she jumped up and struck him down with one swing of her staff. As the Rangers regrouped around him, Nimrod blasted them down with a blast from her staff and fired a stream of lightning from her mouth although the Rangers managed to duck this. Zedd then threw a Growth Bomb and Nimrod grew before blasting the Rangers who shrugged it off and called for the Thunderzords. They formed the Thunder Megazord but Nimrod summoned two monsters named AC and DC who combined their powers with her own and took out the Megazord. This devastating attack crippled the Megazord causing massive damage and taking it out of action, forcing the Rangers to retreat.
Nimrod dispelled AC and DC and began to move into Angel Grove to destroy it and force the Power Rangers out to finish them off. Luckily, Alpha and Zordon's absence was to create the Mighty Morphin White Power Ranger identity to give to the recently de-powered Tommy Oliver. He was forced to fight Nimrod alone as the other Zords were still being repaired by Billy and Trini and the others were fighting Putties to access Rita Repulsa's dumpster. Tommy arrived on scene and immediately summoned the new White Tigerzord which overwhelmed Nimrod with a bowl and then changed into Warrior Mode and easily overwhelmed Nimrod and took her down with a White Tiger Thunderbolt. However, Nimrod was not done and summoned AC and DC who overwhelmed the Tigerzord with jump slashes and all three unleashed a massive barrage of energy balls, knocking the Tigerzord back into Tiger Mode and ejecting Tommy from it. Tommy managed to get the White Tigerzord back on its feet as the Red Dragon Thunderzord arrived, riding the Tigerzord into battle and turning the tide by cutting through the monsters. The Rangers then formed the new Mega Tigerzord which was completely immune to the same attack that took out the Thunder Megazord. AC and DC then took to the air to try and perform an aerial strike like they had on the regular Tigerzord before but were punched back into Nimrod, knocking all three down. Nimrod spent her final moments bickering with her thugs before the Mega Tigerzord powered up its finishing attack. Upon being struck by the Mega Tigerzord's Grid Strike attack, AC and DC vanished into oblivion while Nimrod fell to the ground and exploded.
Nimrod was a cold and sinister monster who seemed proud of her strength and power in dispatching the Power Rangers and taunted the team. However, she was very haughty as she ordered AC and DC around with authority and complained when they did not follow orders.
Powers and Abilities
- Power: Nimrod was one of Lord Zedd's most powerful monsters and proved a force to be reckoned with. Nimrod, even compared to previous monsters, is very powerful and is a force to be reckoned with. Already strong by herself, her power was only amplified by teaming up with AC and DC. Together, the trio were able to defeat the Thunder Megazord and White Tigerzord in Warrior Mode and it ultimately took the Mega Tigerzord to defeat them. However, later monsters like Goldgoyle and Tankenstein are far superior to her in terms of firepower and strength.
- Strength: Nimrod was at least as strong as Lord Zedd's previous monsters and seemed to outclass several later efforts, defeating two Megazords easily with her minions' assistance and putting up a decent fight against the Mega Tigerzord.
- Durability: Nimrod was able to remain standing despite taking the White Tiger Thunderbolt head on and shrugged the Mega Tigerzord punching AC and DC into her.
- Extraordinary Jumper: Nimrod could leap very high into the air, jumping as high as Zack who, in the episode "Happy Birthday, Zack" where this shot came from, he jumped as high as some tall hills behind him.
- AC & DC Summoning: Nimrod could summon two monsters, similar in appearance, to aid her, in battle. The two followed Nimrod's orders by default and use their teamwork and combined firepower to overcome foes even stronger than Nimrod.
- Energy Balls: Nimrod could fire light orange colored energy balls from her hands. When combined with AC and DC's own versions of this attack, it decimated the White Tigerzord.
- Lighting Balls: Nimrod could also fire light pink colored lightning balls from her hands and face. This caused large explosions around the White Tigerzord (both before and after gaining the Red Dragon Thunderzord as s rider) but failed to stop it either time.
- Lighting Breath: Nimrod could fire light green colored lightning beams from her mouth which also had orange lighting as a splash effect.
- Energy Laser Ambush: Nimrod could fire a spread of light orange and light pink colored energy lasers from the rings on her shoulders which was strong enough to take down all five Rangers with one blast when she was enlarged.
- Lightning Staff: Nimrod carried a lightning staff for combat.
- Lightning Beams: Nimrod could fire light green colored lightning beams from her staff.
With AC and DC
- Hand to Hand Combat: Nimrod and her goons were very skilled when it came to close quarters combat, being able to defeat the Tigerzord in Warrior Mode with ease.
- Experts in Armed Combat: Nimrod and her goons easily broke through the Tigerzord's defences and struck it with thier weapons at least once each.
- Energy Balls: Nimrod and AC and DC could all fire light orange colored energy balls from their left hands.
- Sentinel Strike: The combined attack of the Scarlet Sentinels and their most powerful move. Nimrod would summon their minions and they would all fire in unison, Nimrod firing a barrage of energy balls from her left hand and AC and DC firing red-orange lightning from their swords. This was strong enough to take out the Thunder Megazord with one hit but had no effect on the Mega Tigerzord.
Behind The Scenes
- Nimrod is voiced by Brianne Siddall who used the same voice that she would later give to Vase Face in the Season 2 finale.
- Due to appearing in "White Light," Nimrod is one of the most well known monsters in the franchise although not as famous as the Pudgy Pig.
- The reason that Nimrod's "fight" with the Thunder Megazord was so brief was because she never actually fought it in Dairanger. Her counterpart only enlarged twice, the first occasion being used for the White Tigerzord fight and she teleported away after she and the counterparts to AC and DC defeated it and grew again which was when she died.
- Nimrod did not have a usable growth sequence because, in Dairanger, Lieutenant Colonel Shadam was clearly in frame when Lady Ring enlarged.
- In the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie game for the Sega Genesis, the Scarlet Sentinels were referred to as S. Sentinel Ring, S. Sentinel Ear, and S. Sentinel Neck, a reference to the Dairanger names of the Three Ladies: Lady Ring Lady Earring, and Lady Necklace."
- It's unclear where AC and DC come from or what their fate was at the end of White Light. In the Dairanger episode where the footage was taken from, the other two villains had previously been killed and were temporarily revived by Lady Ring. In the American series the changes to the monster's concept offered little explanation for the additional two combatants and their fading away led some to believe that they might not have been destroyed.
- Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel was probably named after the Marvel Comics character Nimrod, a Sentinel-class robot from an alternate future as an enemy of the X-Men.