|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "Can't you two do anything right?"
- ―Nimrod after having AC and DC punched back into her by the Mega Tigerzord and her final words before her destruction.[src]
With Zordon and Alpha mysteriously missing, Lord Zedd descided to create a super powerful monster from a stone fist statue, a hand/lighting rod monster called Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel. He had two effeminate looking assistants named AC and DC. Nimrod was extremely powerful and the added strength of AC and DC made all three of them even more deadly. They were able to topple the Thunder Megazord, leaving the Rangers temporarily defeated. While normally the Thunder Megazord would have gotten up and finished them off with the Thunder Saber, like against Robogoat and Stag Beetle, they had run out of energy due to the Command Center shutting down (as seen later in The Wedding). After Tommy gained the powers of the White Ranger, he was able to take on the monsters. Nimrod and his cohorts AC and DC were the first to face the new White Tigerzord and the first to be defeated by the Mega Tigerzord.
Nimrod is a cold and sinister monster, he takes great pride in destroying the Rangers.
Powers and Abilities
Nimrod, even compared to previous monsters, is very powerful and is a force to be reckoned with (though later monsters like Goldgoyle and Tankenstein are far superior to him in terms of firepower and strength), taken the power of the White Tigerzord as well as the Mega White Tigerzord to battle her. Even then, the Tigerzord was useless against her and her minions' combined strength so they were forced to use the Mega Tigerzord to take her out for good.
- Strength: Nimrod possesses a great deal of strength that is stonger then other monsters. He easily overwhelmed the Thunder Megazord and, with the help of his sentinels, overwhelmed the White Tigerzorrd. The only formation shown as more powerful than her and his minions was the Mega Tigerzord.
- Durability-Nimrod is a monster with thick skin sufficient enough to remain standing in spite of the White Tiger Thunderbolt striking his head on. When the Mega Tigerzord smacked AC and DC back into him, he very quickly recovered from falling down. Having AC and DC jump off of his chest barely even knocked her backwards.
- Recovery-As mentioned, Nimrod recovered almost immediately after being knocked down by his incompetent minions.
- Extraordinary Leaper: Nimrod can leap an incredible distance.
- AC & DC Summoning: Nimrod can summon two monsters, similar to him, to aid him in battle. He does this by projecting green energy beams from her shoulders which form the minions.
- Energy Blast: Nimrod can unleash an energy blast.
- Energy Balls: Nimrod can fire light orange colored energy balls from his hands.
- Lighting Balls: Nimrod can also fire light pink colored lightning balls from his hands.
- Lighting Breath: Nimrod can fire light green colored lightning beams from his mouth, it also has orange lighting as splash effect.
- Energy Laser Ambush: Nimrod can fire a spread of light orange and light pink colored energy lasers from the rings on his shourders.
- Lightning Staff: Nimrod carries a lightning staff for combat.
- Lightning Beams: Nimrod can fire light green colored lightning beams from his staff.
- Hand to Hand Combat-Nimrod and his flunkies were very skilled when it came to close quarters combat, being able to defeat the Tigerzord in Warrior Mode with ease.
- Experts in Armed Combat-Nimrod and his minions easily broke through the Tigerzord's defences and struck it with thier weapons at least once.
- Energy Balls: Nimrod and AC and DC can all fire light orange colored energy balls from their hands. When used in one big attack, it knocked Tommy out of his cockpit and forced the Tigerzord back into it's Tiger Mode.
- Lightning Strike-The combined attack of the Scarlet Sentinels and thier most powerful move. Nimrod would summon his minions and they would all fire in unison.
- Nimrod from his lightning staff.
- AC and DC from thier swords.
- During it's first use, as it was only performed three times, this was powerful enough to take out the Thunder Megazord. During it's second use, it shook up the White Tigerzord and the Red Dragon Thunderzord riding it and it's final use was against the Mega Tigerzord although this was completely ineffective.
Behind the scenes
- Nimrod is voiced by Brianne Siddall.
- In the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie game for the Sega Genesis, the monsters were referred to as S. Sentinel Ring, S. Sentinel Ear, and S. Sentinel Neck, a reference to the Dairanger names of the Three Ladies: "Lady Ring", "Lady Earring", and "Lady Necklace".
- Nimrod is one of the strongest and most powerful monsters in the entire Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series, having a wide arsenal of abilities, being able to outmatch the Thunder Megazord and being more then a match for the new White Tigerzord, it tooked the power of the Mega White Tigerzord to take out Nimrod.
- "AC" and "DC" mean "alternative current" and "direct current" (this is also the origin of the name of the popular rock band AC/DC), and the three of them have electrical powers.
- It's unclear whether AC and DC ceased to exist or retreated when the Scarlet Sentinel was destroyed (in the Dairanger episode where the footage was taken from, the other two villains had previously been killed and were temporarily revived). The former is more likely.
- Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel is probably named after the Marvel Comics character Nimrod, a Sentinel from an alternate future, which is also red.
- The Sentai Versions of AC and DC were female, and they along with Nimrod were sisters.