|This article is about a/an show within a show in Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger.|
Nijiyome Academy Z-Cune Aoi (にじよめ学園 ズキューーン葵 Nijiyome Gakuen Zukyūn Aoi) is a fictional anime show within the world of Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger. It's main character is Aoi who started fighting crime in order to protect her best friend, Satomi. The anime became popular very quickly, there’s even a movie of the anime coming out. The Akibarangers, specifically Nobuo Akagi are fans of the show. Manga adaptation for this anime is currently in a work and will be illustrated by Yabuki Kentaro.
Aoi Ichikawa, a girl who goes to Nijiyome Academy, and her best friend, Satomi Funabashi, get involved in a fight of destiny...
Satomi's deceased father, Professor Funabashi, is researching Seeds, a material that fell to Earth from the stars. That seed united with the Earth's life, giving incredible power to their host. However, when Seeds join with humans (or animals), it transforms them into ferocious monsters.
Satomi tries to research peaceful uses for Seeds, even as the world turns to chaos. However, there is a group secretly aiming to use the seeds for World Domination (tm) - Seed Satan. To protect Satomi, Aoi takes a Seed into her own body and becomes a superheroine. Her fight with the Satan troops begins. Her friends lend her power (including the student council morals committee.) In the shadow of a peaceful school life, the Earth's fate unfolds.
- Part of the OP for Z-Cune Aoi can be seen in Ep. 8: The Bonds of Painful Special Training are the Authorization Road's Conspiracy Intersection.
- The MMZ-01 Moe Moe Z-Cune's design is based on Aoi Ichikawa.
- Shuri Toyozuki's father Tsuzuki Takehiro designed Aoi and many of the other characters before he became violent then released from the production of the show.
- ©Na was originally meant to be the show's main antagonist but her design was rejected.
- Z-Cune Aoi is the magical girl anime and Robot Hero spoof of Cyborg 009, Megaman series, Cardcaptor Sakura, Cutie Honey and Nurse Angel Ririka SOS.