|This article is about a/an list of sets of Ranger powers in Power Rangers Super Megaforce.|
|"Rangers, you've now unlocked new modes that have never been seen before on this Planet."|
As part of the Super Mega Rangers new power set, Gosei has given them the ability to not only transform into Historic Rangers but to actually unlock "new powers" never before seen on Earth. These powers represent teams that have never set foot in contemporary Earth. Whether they are aliens, like the Aquitian Rangers or Trey of Triforia, dimension-hoppers like the Ranger Operators, or from the future like the S.P.D. Rangers or the Time Force Rangers is unclear. However, unlike those Rangers, their powers have never been utilized where the Morphing Grid is located currently on Earth is certain.
- 1 List of the Teams
- 2 List of the Ranger Keys
- 2.1 Squadron
- 2.2 Lightning
- 2.3 Prism
- 2.4 Blitz
- 2.5 Supersonic
- 2.6 Battalion
- 3 Notes
- 4 Appearances
- 5 References
List of the Teams
Battalion Rangers Team
|Red||Red Battalion Ranger|
|Black||Black Battalion Ranger|
|Blue||Blue Battalion Ranger|
|Yellow||Yellow Battalion Ranger|
|Pink||Pink Battalion Ranger|
Blitz Rangers Team
|Red||Red Blitz Ranger|
|Black||Black Blitz Ranger|
|Blue||Blue Blitz Ranger|
|White||White Blitz Ranger|
|Pink||Pink Blitz Ranger|
Prism Rangers Team
|Red||Red Prism Ranger|
|Green||Green Prism Ranger|
|Blue||Blue Prism Ranger|
|Yellow||Yellow Prism Ranger|
|Pink||Pink Prism Ranger|
Lightning Rangers Team
|Red||Red Lightning Ranger|
|Black||Black Lightning Ranger|
|Blue||Blue Lightning Ranger|
|Yellow||Yellow Lightning Ranger|
|Pink||Pink Lightning Ranger|
Supersonic Rangers Team
Squadron Rangers Team
|Red||Red Squadron Ranger|
|Green||Green Squadron Ranger|
|Blue||Blue Squadron Ranger|
|Yellow||Yellow Squadron Ranger|
|Pink||Pink Squadron Ranger|
List of the Ranger Keys
- See also: DairangersThe first new Ranger powers that the Rangers unlocked called Legendary Squadron Rangers seemed similar in appearance to the White Ranger of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, albeit with white details instead of gold or black. They also had a theme strangely similar to the Thunderzords which consisted of legendary animals. They had the ability to channel energy (similar to 'chi' energy) and blast it at the opponent. The Super Mega Rangers, except for Troy, unlocked these in their battle with Cybax's XBorgs. Later, they used it as a team with Orion partnering up with them to become the thematically similar Mighty Morphin White Ranger. Their group attack is the "Legendary Strike", which is performed by launching chakrams at their opponent.
- See also: Daigo of the Heavenly Phantom StarThis Ranger had a motif of a majestic Lion as seen in oriental art. Jake was able to unlock this.
The Green Squadron Ranger is seen fighting along side the Pink Squadron Ranger and Red Squadron Ranger.
- See also: Shoji of the Heavenly Gravity StarThis Ranger had a motif of a Pegasus. Noah was able to unlock this. He also used it against Emperor Mavro.
- See also: Kazu of the Heavenly Time StarThis Ranger had a motif of a Qilin, a chimera-like creature. Gia was able to unlock this. The Ranger Key shows the original powers did not have a skirt.
The Yellow Squadron Ranger is seen fighting alongside the Squadron Rangers.
- See also: Rin of the Heavenly Wind StarThis Ranger had a motif of the Fenghuang, a mythical bird from Chinese mythology. Emma was able to unlock this.
During the Legendary Battle, the Pink Squadron Ranger could be seen in the battle.
- See also: Ryo of the Heavenly Fire StarThis Ranger had a motif of the serpentine Chinese dragon. It is unclear if it came unlocked with the other powers or if Troy had unlocked it before the battle with Matacore. Troy considers this one of his most powerful close combat Legendary Modes. In the Legendary Battle, he could be seen alongside Jungle Fury Red Ranger.
- "Squadron" is a translation of "Sentai", the namesake of Super Sentai.
- Tommy Oliver's White Ranger powers are also from Gosei Sentai Dairanger, and are the adapted version of Kou of the Howling New Star.
- During the production of Super Megaforce, the Legendary Squadron was given the name Power Rangers Star Force in early casting sides. 
- In the Indonesian Dub, Dairanger was called "Star Ranger", similar to the name "Star Force".
- "Star Ranger" was also an international distribution name by Toei that can be seen also on the behind-the-scenes video by Jeff Pruitt where it features the core Dairanger suits in the demo.
- In the Indonesian Dub, Dairanger was called "Star Ranger", similar to the name "Star Force".
- The Squadron Rangers are one of 2 New Powers teams where all their keys were used in the show at least once and the only New Powers team where the Super Megaforce Rangers did a full team transformation with.
- See also: MaskmenThe Lightning Rangers were the second power set that the Rangers were shown using and were featured during the battle with Matacore's XBorgs. These Rangers seem to be highly adept at martial arts. Their Legendary Ranger Keys also allow the Legendary Megazord to perform an aura attack.
- See also: Haruka (Maskman)Gia chose this Ranger as one of her most powerful Legendary Modes to sense coming attacks.
- See also: Akira (Maskman)Used by Noah during the final battle with Levira.
- See also: Takeru (Maskman)During the Legendary Battle, the Red Lightning Ranger could be seen fighting in the Legendary Battle.
- See also: Kenta (Maskman)During the Legendary Battle, the Black Lightning Ranger could be seen fighting in the Legendary Battle.
- See also: Momoko (Maskman)During the Legendary Battle, the Pink Lightning Ranger could be seen fighting in the Legendary Battle.
- When Gia morphs into Yellow Mask in Samurai Surprise she says "Legendary Ranger Blitz", but Blitz is the name of a different set of new powers. However, when Noah transforms into Blue Mask in The Wrath, he correctly refers to this form as "Lightning Mode: Blue!".
- Right after the Rangers transform into "New Powers", they get knocked down by their enemy. The camera zooms in onto him as the shot excludes the Rangers in their New Powers suits all based on the Legendary Dragon, and then repeats almost identically but this time the Red Ranger is suited up as Lightning Red.
- See also: FlashmenThe Prism Rangers were third power set that the Rangers were shown using were featured during the battle with Matacore's XBorgs. These Rangers seem to use hard light/prism power as hand-to-hand combat power augmentations.
- See also: Lou (Flashman)Emma chose this Ranger as one of her most powerful Legendary Modes. This Ranger generates hard light boots for powerful kicks.
- See also: Dai (Flashman)Jake unlocked this Ranger during one of his solo battles. This Ranger generates prism fists for powerful punches.
This Ranger also is used by Emma during the final battle with Levira.
- See also: Jin (Flashman)During the Legendary Battle, the Red Prism Ranger could be seen fighting in the Legendary Battle.
- See also: Bun (Flashman)During the Legendary Battle, the Blue Prism Ranger could be seen fighting in the Legendary Battle.
- See also: Sara TokimuraDuring the Legendary Battle, the Yellow Prism Ranger could be seen fighting in the Legendary Battle.
- It would not be revealed which gender of the Green Prism Ranger was correct until the Heir to Darkness comic over six years after it debuted (although it was only unknown which because Choushinsei Flashman was never adapted).
- While footage from 199 Heroes of all the Rangers charging showed a male Green Prism Ranger, the rest of the Legendary Battle suggests only the adapted teams were part of the battle.
- See also: ChangemenThe Blitz Rangers were the fourth power set that the Rangers used was described as Powers of the Legendary Dragon.
- See also: Hiryuu TsurugiThis Ranger had a motif of a Dragon. Troy was able to unlock this.
- See also: Yuuma OzoraThis Ranger had a motif of a Pegasus. Noah was able to unlock this.
- See also: Sayaka NagisaThis Ranger had a motif of a Mermaid. Gia was able to unlock this.
The White Blitz Ranger is seen fighting in the Legendary Battle.
- See also: Mai TsubasaThis Ranger had a motif of a Phoenix. Emma was able to unlock this.
- See also: Shou HayateThis Ranger had a motif of a Griffon. Used by Jake during the final battle with Levira. It was referred to as Blitz mode, a name Gia previously used for Maskman.
The Black Blitz Ranger is seen fighting in the Legendary Battle.
- Blitz is the first Power Rangers team without a Yellow Ranger. They precede the succeeding season's team, also without a Yellow Ranger, making the Red Ranger and the Blue Ranger the only colors to appear in every team.
- Blitz is also the first Power Rangers team to have both a female White Ranger and Pink Ranger in the core team until Ninja Steel.
The Supersonic Rangers were a six-man team from Xybria.
- See also: Fivemen
- See also: Remi HoshikawaThis fifth power set was only used once by Gia during the final battle with Levira when she transformed in the Yellow Supersonic Ranger
- See also: Kazumi HoshikawaDuring the Legendary Battle, the Pink Supersonic Ranger could be seen fighting in the Legendary Battle.
- See also: Ken HoshikawaDuring the Legendary Battle, the Blue Supersonic Ranger could be seen fighting in the Legendary Battle.
- See also: Fumiya HoshikawaDuring the Legendary Battle, the Black Supersonic Ranger could be seen fighting in the Legendary Battle.
- See also: Gaku HoshikawaDuring the Legendary Battle, the Red Supersonic Ranger could be seen fighting in the Legendary Battle.
- They are the first (and currently only) team introduced as a New Power to be fleshed out after their appearance in Super Megaforce (in the comic story "Psychotic").
- The team also had a Green Ranger named Trek who was the Sixth Ranger of this team and he betrayed them by turning evil and killing all the Supersonic Rangers. Orion may or may not be able to access the powers of Supersonic Green.
- See also: DynamenAlthough not used as a Legendary Ranger Mode, one of the Battalion Rangers' Legendary Ranger Keys was used.
- See also: Hokuto DanThough Troy didn't use this power set to transform, he used it in the Legendary Megazord to activate its fire storm strike attack.
- Although Battalion Mode does not have a true Power Rangers equivalent, this is not the first time they were seen in the United States.
- Despite the key used in The Wrath, they also used the flaming firebird attack which originally corresponds to Jetman's Greater Power in the episode's counterpart.
Behind the Scenes
These "new power" sets are adapted from installments of the Super Sentai franchise that were never adapted into the Power Rangers franchise. Because of this, in the Legendary Battle, many rangers that have never been adapted into Power Rangers are seen fighting alongside characters that have been adapted, due to Saban using footage that was seen in Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle. The entire Squadron, Lightning, and Prism teams can be seen in certain parts of the Legendary Battle, although it's unknown if this was meant to show the real teams fighting, or if they were left in due to lack of editing.
- The concept of the New Powers was heavily criticized by longtime fans, as some saw it as lazy editing of Sentai footage. Its execution story-wise was a major point of criticism as the powers are never fully explained in-universe.
- During the episode Bully for Ethan in Power Rangers Dino Thunder, the symbols for five of these teams (Squadron, Lightning, Prism and Dragon/Blitz, Supersonic) are seen in Tommy's Dino Lab.
- With the exception of the Battalion and Supersonic Rangers, each of the team names comes from a term related to their respective Super Sentai counterparts.
- Squadron, rather than coming from something related to Gosei Sentai Dairanger, comes from the Sentai in Super Sentai, which translates to squadron.
- Lightning comes from the Hikari in Hikari Sentai Maskman, which translates to light.
- Prism comes from the transformation device and individual weapons (i.e. Prism Flash, Prism Holy Sword) of Choushinsei Flashman.
- Blitz comes from the Dengeki in Dengeki Sentai Changeman, which translates to blitzkrieg.
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder
- Episode 18: Bully for Ethan (symbols only)
- Power Rangers Super Megaforce