|This article is about a/an monster in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
- "Did you enjoy it?! That ability to take on any appearance! It truly is impressive! Can't say I'm flattered to receive a compliment from someone as common as you."
- ―Narisumashi's first words when he revealed that he had been posing as Dayu Usukawa and then responding to Shitari's realization of who he was.[src]
- "This is where the fun begins!"
- ―Narisumashi when he enlarged.[src]
- "I lost!"
- ―Narisumashi's final words before his death.[src]
Narisumashi (ナリスマシ Narisumashi, 15) is a happy go-lucky Ayakashi with the ability to assume the guise of another. He was armed with the Urizane Fukusōtō (瓜実複相刀 Melon Diploid Sword) that can split into two and perform a powerful energy slash and his eyes can also shoot beams.
He assumed Chiaki's form to cause trouble among the team, having doing so after expectantly running into him whilst chasing a "punk woman", intending to kill the confused and depressed Chiaki once he completes his plan. However, seeing his reflection, Chiaki tricks him in order to expose him to the others. He was first destroyed by the Kabuto Five Rings Bullet and then destroyed for good by Tenkuu ShinkenOh and its Tenkuu Bamboo Slice.
According to folklore, noppera-bō (野箆坊) are yokai that appear as faceless humans. Narisumashi's featureless face and shapeshifting powers are thought to be the basis of this legend.
Other Guises he assumed beside Chiaki
- His name can be literally translated as "identity fraud" (成り済まし).
- His motif is the noppera-bō and his design incorporates a clown, bell peppers, faces, and kabuki kumadori makeup.
- Gred - Power Rangers counterpart in Power Rangers Super Samurai. See comparison page..
- Noppera Bōma – a Bōma Beast based on the noppera-bō from Kousoku Sentai Turboranger
- Noppera-bo – another monster based on the noppera-bō from Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.
- Pouchien Bolapen – an Alienizer based on the noppera-bō from Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger.