|This article is about a/an set of characters in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
The Morphin Masters are a group of extremely mysterious characters in the Power Rangers franchise.
|This article contains content in reference to the main TV series, as well as supplemental material, such as the comics. A sliding/floating timeline applies. Story instances for TV and other media will be clearly marked.|
As the Sporix Beasts gained the upper hand against the Knights of Rafkon and their dinosaur allies, the Morphing Masters emerged from a portal and granted the Knights of Rafkon the powers of the new Dino Fury Power Rangers before turning their dinosaur friends into Zords for them. They then left back to wherever they came from although the Dino Fury Rangers easily sealed the Sporix Beasts back into their eggs.
An early mention of the Morphin Masters was when Zordon became aware of the Power Eggs. According to him, they were a group of four ancient sorcerers who threw the chest containing Power Eggs into the sea millions of years ago. The sorcerers hid a universe of power within two mystical Power Eggs by casting the eggs into the sea. They believed that their ancient ancestors would look down on the eggs and protect them from universal danger. Although Rita Repulsa managed to catch them, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers blasted them completely into the ocean where they were lost forever.
The Morphin Masters are represented by a trio of Emissaries. The Morphin Masters studied the Morphin Grid. After the Morphin Masters discover a planet of Zeo Crystals, the Praetor and his Solar Rangers sever that universe from the Morphin Grid.
The Morphin Masters are revealed to be responsible for creating the Ninja Nexus Prism, which empowered the Ninja Steel Rangers, but also the Dino Gems which powered the Dino Rangers, as well as the Energems for the Dino Charge Rangers.
The Morphin Masters are shown to be more morally grey, as they decided to protect the Splintered Star from the forces of evil by severing its connection to the Morphin Grid. This would result in condemning an entire universe to death in order to spare all of reality from the potential threat of malevolent forces attaining the planet's Zeo Crystal energy, energy so massive it could obliterate all of reality. (Though how much is true is ambiguous considering the source, Praetor)
What the Solarix Ranger realized was that the Morphin Masters were planning to reunite the severed universe once the Splintered Star depleted its Zeo Energy.
TV Continuity (Main)
Comic Continuity (Split)
Powers and Abilities
- Portal Opening: The Morphin Masters were able to open up a massive swirling portal at will to transport themselves around.
- Longevity: The Morphin Masters survived at least 65 million years between the events of Dino Fury's prelude and the events of "Big Sisters" but as in expanded continuity they are not indestructible.
- Artifact Creation: By tapping into the Morphin Grid, the Morphin Masters can create special artifacts that allow one to morph into a Power Ranger. These include the Dino Gems, the Energems, and the Ninja Nexus Prism.
- Staffs: All six Morphin Masters carry large white staffs at all times. This was a Dino Fury addition since they were unarmed in their original appearance.
- Power Bestowment: The Morphin Masters were able to hold their staffs into the air and charge them up with white energy before blasting people with them. These energies transform animals into Zords and give the humans Morphers to access the Morphin Grid and become Power Rangers.
- The Morphin Masters first apparition in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers uses footage of the tribal chiefs from Zyuranger, but doesen't focus on their faces, as they are only seen from distance.
- The Morphin Masters' colors correspond not only with the Dino Fury Rangers, but also with the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (with Gold being closest to Yellow) coincidentally.
- The Red Morphin Master is voiced by Daryl Habraken who was the narrator in the New Saban Era.
- They created various Ranger artifacts such as the Dino Gems, the Energems and the Nexus Prism in order to defeat evil for good in the future.
- Simon Bennett shared a picture of the Pink Morphin Master. Tracey Collins was in charge of the design and the manufacture of the character was made in Japan.
- Power Rangers Dino Fury