|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "Ah ha ha ha ha! It's...showtime!"
- ―The Mirror Maniac upon being enlarged.[src]
- "What?! Impossible! You should be cinders by now! Time to put a finish to you!"
- ―The Mirror Maniac after the Thunder Megazord was completely unfazed by his energy blasts before charging at it and his final words before his destruction.[src]
The Mirror Maniac was a mirror monster who served as the main antagonist of the episode "Beauty and the Beast."
After Goldar kidnapped Kimberly to be Lord Zedd's wife, the Mirror Maniac was created by Lord Zedd from the small mirror that Tommy gave as a gift to Kimberly which she had discarded upon being ambushed. The Mirror Maniac was assigned to destroy the Rangers since they were one man down although he didn't actually do anything until after Billy and Trini rescued her at which point Zedd began metaphorically foaming at the mouth before having the Mirror Maniac return to Earth with orders to destroy the Power Rangers at all costs. He first appeared in a random street and was excited to impress Zedd before making a building shake before going to the park to cause more chaos. Meanwhile, the Power Rangers regrouped at Angel Grove Park where they had since been joined by Jason who had been with his uncle at Bass Lake. They confronted the monster but he summoned Putties to aid him and Zedd used a Growth Bomb to enlarge him, apparently smashing the mirror on his front. Despite that, he was unfazed and proudly proclaimed that it was "showtime" so the Rangers summoned the Thunderzords to form the Thunder Megazord. It confronted the Mirror Maniac in the city who was impressed that they "brought their toys" to fight him with before the Megazord advanced. The monster fired a massive energy sphere but it was unfazed and just walked right through all of the resulting individual explosions. Enraged, he charged at it to try and melee it into oblivion but was overpowered by two slashes from the Thunder Saber and then finished off with its triple energy slash. Upon being hit them, he spun on his axis and fell on his face before exploding. After his destruction, the mirror reformed in Angel Grove Park.
The Mirror Maniac was cunning but also somewhat cocky though he was shown to be very faithful to Zedd and was brave enough to fearlessly fight the Thunder Megazord with his bare hands. He was fun loving and spent a lot of time laughing with joy although he was quick to anger which led him to be reckless and launch himself at the Thunder Megazord which led to his demise.
Powers and Abilities
- Mirror Wave: The Mirror Maniac was able to gesture her arms and fire blue waves out of his mirror face. He did this to a building but what this actually did is completely unclear.
- Z-Putty Summoning: The Mirror Maniac was able to summon Zedd's special brand of Putties to aid him in battle.
- Mirror Energy Blast: The Mirror Maniac signature attack where he charged up the mirror on his face with rainbow-white energy and transferred it into his hands, forming an energy sphere which he would then throw forth. This attack caused large explosions but had no effect on the Thunder Megazord.
- Fists: The Mirror Maniac had no weapons of his own but had large balled fists to try and bash his enemies with.
Behind the Scenes
- Just like many other characters, the Mirror Maniac was voiced by Tom Wyner.
- Like the Mantis before him, the Mirror Maniac has become rather infamous in the fandom for his extremely lazy design since he is literally just a mirror with arms and legs.
- The Mirror Maniac is well known and infamous for being the first in a trend of Season 2 monsters who never physically fight the Rangers and prance around off-screen whilst pretending to react to them until Zedd made them grow.
- The Mirror Maniac is also infamous for being the first monster to never launch an attack at the Power Rangers whilst normal sized and just summoned Putties before being grown. Even Pipebrain tried to attack Jason with his pipe-tentacles and Trumpet Top wasn't supposed to be the one attacking the Rangers.
- In Dairanger, Master Mirror was able to trap people and buildings inside of himself and was sent by Gara to trap the entirety of Tokyo inside of him which is why he fired that strange blue ray at a building.
- This was changed to allow for the Kimberly queen plot and because of too many Japanese people being present.
- The Mirror Maniac's mirror was originally smashed by Shishiranger's Dairen Rod but was cut due to him both blatantly being in the footage, because they were suddenly in another dimension, and the violent impaling of his mirror.
- However, many have pointed out that the shot of it actually shattering was usable since it was a close-up on the Mirror Maniac's counterpart and they could have used something like the Power Blaster to smash it.
- The Mirror Maniac appears as the first boss in the SNES version of The Movie.