|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.|
- "Magna Defender!"
- ―Mike Corbett[src]
Michael "Mike" Corbett was a soldier of Terra Venture. Though he was one who pulled the Quasar Saber containing the Red Galaxy Ranger powers, an ensuing battle forced him to hand the saber to his younger brother as he fell into an abyss to his assumed death. However, he is later revived and became the second Magna Defender after the original Magna Defender sacrificed his life to save Terra Venture.
Mike was one of the security personnel assigned to the space station Terra Venture, acting as Commander Stanton's second in command. During a training exercise, he encountered a girl named Maya, who had emerged through a spatial rift from the planet Mirinoi. Accompanying her, he and several others pulled the five Quasar Sabers from their stones. Furio, who was attempting to take the sabers, became enraged and began turning the planet into stone. As they attempted to escape, Mike fell into an abyss that Furio created. Mike was able to pass his Quasar Saber to Leo before he fell. As Mike fell into the abyss, the Magna Defender spotted him and stopped Mike's fall using his Magna Sword. Needing to escape and the strength to defeat Scorpius, the Magna Defender possessed Mike's body.
Mike's spirit influenced the Magna Defender by causing him pain when he did something that was morally wrong. The Magna Defender later freed Mike by sacrificing himself Lost Galaxy Rangers. Terra Venture attempted to escape the Lost Galaxy by entering through an open portal. The portal was closing and the station was not fast enough. Mike sacrificed his powers, and nearly killing himself in the process, to hold open the portal long enough to let the space station through.. When Leo considered giving Mike the Red Quasar Saber back, Mike refused, saying it was Leo's destiny to become the Red Ranger, even speculating that he had only been the one to draw the Saber from the stone so that he could pass it on to his brother. The spirit of the Magna Defender later appeared to Mike and gave him a Morpher that allowed him to become the new Magna Defender, telling him that it was his own destiny . Mike became a loyal ally to the
Years later, Mike's powers were fully restored by unknown means and he became the Magna Defender once more and returned with the other Galaxy Rangers as part of the army of Legendary Rangers that helped the Mega Rangers defeat the Armada once and for all, fighting in a huge battle against hundreds of X Borgs and dozens of Bruisers. He then returns to Mirinoi
Video game appearances
Power Rangers Legacy Wars
The Magna Defender is among the Rangers who feature in Power Rangers Legacy Wars.
Mike is one of the playable characters in Battle For The Grid at launch.
Appearances: Episode 16, 17, 19, 20, 22-25, 29, 30, 33, 37, 40-42, SM Episodes 20 & LBEV
Legendary Ranger Devices
- Among several Legendary Ranger modes as he and the others fought against Emperor Mavro.
- Leo Corbett - Younger Brother
- The Magna Defender Morpher was actually a repainted version of the previously unused Gosei Sentai Dairanger's changer device, the Aura Changer. It was never in Seijuu Sentai Gingaman. It is not the same as his Sentai counterpart's Bull Riot from Gingaman.
- He shares his first name with Mike of Power Rangers Samurai and Super Samurai.
- He is the first hero to morph by calling out his designation/color followed by the word "Power" without the word for what he is (defender) or "Ranger" (in his own case, "Magna Power"). This is followed by Ryan Mitchell, Eric Myers and Antonio Garcia.
- Mike and the Magna Defender are considered to be the first Ranger or Ranger-esque ally to become his or her own Zord. This concept would later be used for the entire team of Power Rangers Mystic Force.
- Russell Lawrence (Mike) is five years younger than his on-screen younger brother Danny Slavin (Leo).
- In the Japanese Dub of Power Rangers Lost Galaxy Mike is voiced by Hiroshi Tsuchida who previously played Saizou in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.
- Since he uses a Morpher, has a secret identiy, has a Ranger Key in Megaforce and Super Megaforce, has his own Zord, is in a poster of Black Rangers as of Ninja Steel, and participated in Legendary Battle, he can be considered a Ranger.
- If considered a Ranger-like ally, he is the first to use a Morpher to transform and to have a predecessor.
- Mike is the first Ranger to be the older brother of the Red Ranger followed by Levi Weston of Power Rangers Ninja Steel.
- He is the first Ranger to lose his powers before the season finale (with a possible exception being Kendrix).
- Hyuuga - Super Sentai counterpart in Gingaman. See comparison page.
- Magna Defender - Mike's predecessor with whom at one point he shared a body with.
- As revealed in the episode "Dream Battle".
Zack • Adam • Corcus • Carlos • Danny • Tommy • Will • Dillon • Jake • Chase
Adam (alternate continuity) • Zack (2016 comic) • Zack (alternate continuity) • Vesper • Jamie
|View • Edit|