|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
The Mighty Minotaur was a Minotaur monster who served as the main antagonist of the episode "Teamwork." The Mighty Minotaur is known for being the very first monster in the Power Rangers franchise to be fought by a Rangers' personal weapons.
The Mighty Minotaur is created by Finster and Rita sends the Mighty Minotaur to Earth to not let Trini and Kimberly neutralize a garbage dump she is using to pollute Angel Grove. Whilst Goldar and the Putty Patrol fight with Jason, Zack, and Billy. Immediately upon thier arrival, Billy and Zack jump kick the Mighty Minotaur but he deflects them with his shield so Jason uses his Blade Blaster only to be taken down with his friends when the monster deflects back the blasts with his shield. As Trini throat kicks down Goldar, the Mighty Minotaur knocks down all three Rangers who are then bombarded with boulders by Squatt and Baboo. With the upper-hand, Rita enlarges the monster after which the Power Rangers regroup and call on their Dinozords. The Mighty Minotaur charges as the Pterodactyl Dinozord defeats Goldar and the Putties so the Triceratops and Sabertooth Tiger unleash thier tail blasts but have no effect. In retaliation, the Mighty Minotaur lightning blasts the Sabertooth Tiger but it jumps off its cliff and slashes him with its claws as the Mastodon freezes him and the Triceratops wraps its horn chains around his chains and pulls him over but even that is not enough to stop him. When the Mighty Minotaur rams down the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord, they form the Megazord Tank Mode and blast the Minotaur but they are no effect and he returns fire so Jason decides to assume Battle Mode. Before they can do so however, Zordon determines the monster is too much for the Rangers's Zords so withdraws them and gives the Rangers their Power Weapons to battle the monster. When confronted by the Minotaur again, they destroy his weapons with the Power Bow and a Power Dagger, knocked him back with the Power Lance and Power Axe, and took him down with the Power Sword. Zordon then tells them to bring the Power Weapons together to finish him off so they do so, forming the Power Blaster which is able to finally destroy the monster who face-plants and explodes.
The Mighty Minotaur was a brutal, sinister, wild, savage, arrogant, stubborn, destructive and menacing monster. However, the Minotaur was very unintelligent, speaking only in roars and grunts.
Powers and Abilities
- Power: Although the Mighty Minotaur was one of the very early monsters to appear in the series (being the third monster ever), he was far stronger than the Rangers and even the individual Dinozords.
- Strength: The Mighty Minotaur was able to overpower Jason, Billy and Zack in battle and a single blow from his club were able to take down all three Rangers at once.
- Durability: The Mighty Minotaur shrugged off multiple blasts to his chest from the Triceratops Dinozord and Sabertooth Tiger Dinozord and even being blasted by the Dino Megazord in Tank Mode had absolutely no effect.
- Hand-To-Hand Combat: The Mighty Minotaur was also a skilled fighter, being able to take on three Rangers with ease.
- Extraordinary Leaper: The Mighty Minotaur could leap incredible distances.
- Fire Breath: The Mighty Minotaur could spew out strong flames from his mouth.
- Spiked Club: The Mighty Minotaur used a spike club for combat.
- Horn Shield: The Mighty Minotaur also used a shield to block his enemies' attacks such as a powerful double kick from Billy and Zack.
- Reflection: The Mighty Minotaur could reflect his enemies' energy based attacks with his shield.
- Horns-The Mighty Minotaur had razor sharp horns on his head to jump up and stab into his enemies with.
- Horn Lighting Beam: The Mighty Minotaur could fire red and blue colored lighting beams from his horns. These were able to cause large explosions behind the Sabertooth Tiger Dinozord and badly shake up Tank Mode.
Behind The Scenes
- The Mighty Minotaur was voiced by Tom Wyner who was also the voices of The Giant and Bones. However, he spoke exclusively in roars and growls.