|This article is about a/an monster in Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger.|
The Medusa Minosaur (メデューサマイナソー Mede~yūsa Mainasō) is a gorgon-based Minosaur monster from the Warfare Tribe Druidon, created from the negative emotions of Ui Tatsui, based on her desire to be seen and acknowledged by others.
to be added
The Medusa Minosaur, like all Minosaurs, is unintelligible and can only speak one word, which is "Look" (見ろ Miro).
Powers and Abilities
- Petrification: The Medusa Minosaur can turn anyone into stone by emitting a purple light from the eyes on its chest.
- Cobramberge (コブランベルジュ Koburanberuju): The Medusa Minosaur wields a kris-style blade for combat.
- Energy Slash: The Medusa Minosaur can generate orange energy slashes from the Cobramberge.
- Minosaur Attributes : Half-Beast, Half-Human Monster.
- Place of Distribution : Petrified Town (石化の街 Sekka no Machi).
- Minosaur Experience Point : 304.
Behind the Scenes
- The Medusa Minusaur is portrayed by suit actor Yuichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi).
- This Minosaur is based on Medusa, a Gorgon from Greek mythology that can turn anyone to stone through her eyes. The sword and the face with open mouth showing curved teeth also implies inspiration from Indonesian things like Keris and Leak. It is the first Minosaur to be based on a female mythological creature.
- Curiously, a Medusa-like monster appeared in Dino Super Charge, another dinosaur-themed series.
- The Medusa Minosaur's EXP value (304) is a Goroawase pun. It could be read as mi (3) - rei (0) - yo (4);i.e. "to look at", "to see".
- In the stage shows at Japan, the Medusa Minosaur has a male variant, with black and red sword.
- The Medusa theme brings to mind of Medusa from Kamen Rider Wizard.