|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Zeo, the second installment in the Zordon Era.|
- "My screen! My beautiful screen! Look what you've done."
- ―Mean Screen's final words before his death[src]
Mean Screen is a computer-theme monster with a bird-like face and the primary antagonist of the episode of the same name.
As an idea "given" by Prince Sprocket after witnessing the Yellow Ranger almost getting a virus on her computer, King Mondo has decided to unleash a computer monster called Mean Screen. This monster was capable of absorbing the information on all of the Power Rangers' weapons and even the Zeo Zords. He first goes to the Computer Lab with Klank and successfully absorbs the information about the Zeo Zords out of a computer, much to Klank's surprise.
After causing everything to go haywire, the Red and Yellow Ranger appear, and Mean Screen attacked them. He had the upper hand and then the Green, Blue and Pink Rangers appeared. He copied their Zeo Laser Pistols, and was able to deflect them. He then ambushed the Rangers with his lightning and their own lasers, forcing the Rangers to flee to a chamber. The Rangers tried to fight back, but he was too powerful and used his Computer Bombs to send the Rangers out of a building. The Rangers attempted to use theZeo Blaster. It too had no effect, and with no other option left, Zordon sent the Ranger the Defender Wheel which had been isolated from the rest of the Power Chamber grid. , Mean Screen attempted to give it a virus, but much to his surprise, it did not work and he was then destroyed by the Defender Wheel, only for the dead Mean Screen to be a copy.
Mean Screen was then enlarge thanks to Orbus. With the Zeo Megazord low on power from the virus, however, the Rangers felt that they were in trouble, but thanks to the Green Ranger's friend Raymond was able to neutralize Mean Screen's virus and restore the Zeo Megazord to full operating status, allowing the Rangers to summon the Zeo Zords and form the Zeo Megazord to battle Mean Screen. He had the upper hand thanks to the Computer Cords, but the Ranger were able to reverse the lighting back at him, they then used the Zeo Battle Helmat 4 and 3 on Mean Screen, destroying his "beautiful screen" and making him powerless. Mean Screen is then destroyed once and for all by the Zeo Megazord Saber lash.
Mean Screen reappeared in Adam's dream.
Mean Screen acts very much like a computer worker. He loves to give a computer a virus and posses a cruel sense of humor.
Powers and Abilities
- Virus Transfer: Mean Screen can give any weaponry a virus, causing them to become weaker.
- Mutiplie: From unknown means, Mean Screen can multiply himshelf.
- Copy Tecknisions: Mean Screen possesses an ability to copy the enemies powers and/or weapons and use it against them:
- Zeo Rangers' Zeo Blasters: Mean Screen can fire lighting green colored energy lasers from his face similar to the ones fired from the Rangers Zeo blasters.
- Computer Traversen: Mean Screen can transfer through a computer.
- Energy Shield: Mean Screen also has an invisible shield to guard him from attacks.
- Lighting Bolts: Mean Screen can fire whitish blue colored lighting bolts from his hands.
- Lighting Beams: Mean Screen can fire whitish blue colored lighting beams from the antenna on his head.
- Lighting Barrage: Mean Screen can conjure whitish green colored lighting bolts from his antennas.
- Eye Lighting Bolts: Mean Screen can fire green lighting bolts from his eyes.
- Computer Bomb: Mean Screen can unleash a computer bomb from his computer face.
- Computer Cords: Mean Screen can let out computer cords from his arms that can absorb infomation and cause computers to get viruses and many electronic devices to go haywire. they can also be used to wrap the enemies in similar to that of rope
- Lighting Effect: Mean Screen can also electrocute the cords with blue lighting to cause major harm in the enemy if tied up.
- Arm Blades: Mean Screen can equip himself with arm blades for aid in combat, they are powerful enough to block the Zeo Blaster.
- Lighting Beams: Mean Screen can also fire whitish green colored lighting beams from his arm blades.
Behind ths Scenes
- Mean Screen is voiced by Karim Prince. (who is best known as Cestro in Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers) and had actually appeared just four episodes before in "Graduation Blues."
- At points, Mean Screen's voice is nearly identical to Cestro's but without the wattery filter and pitch shifted. The best example is when he grows and says "talk about an upgrade, so, who's going to stop me now?" where there is no difference between the performances.
- Mean Screen is indeed one of the most powerful monsters in Power Rangers Zeo, having a wide arsenal of abilities, and having the power that can even make the Zords powerless for the Rangers to use.
- Its also worth mentioning that Mean Screen is one of the few monsters to cause the Rangers to flee during the battle as well as only one of only three monsters in Zeo to do so, the others being Cruel Chrome (whose spray was poisonous to the Rangers) and Impursonator (who was immune to every finisher and they had to hurry back to Billy).
- In Ohranger, Mean Screen did not clone himself in Ohranger like it was implied he did here and the Defender Wheel actually defeated him which is why he was likely knocked out when Orbus grew him. The clone implication is created from recycled shots from earlier in the fight.
- In the episode "Fire in Your Tank," Mean Screen's body was later repainted silver and was modified with a tunic where it was combined with the silver-painted head of Cruel Chrome to form a monster that attended Divatox's boot camp.