|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Zeo, the second season in the Zordon Era.|
|"My screen! My beautiful screen! Look what you've done!"|
|―Mean Screen's final words before his death[src]|
Mean Screen is a computer-themed monster with a bird-like face and the primary antagonist of the episode of the same name.
As an idea "given" by Prince Sprocket after witnessing the Yellow Ranger almost getting a virus on her computer, King Mondo has decided to unleash a computer monster called Mean Screen. This monster was capable of absorbing the information on all of the Power Rangers' weapons and even the Zeo Zords. He first goes to the Computer Lab with Klank and successfully absorbs the information about the Zeo Zords out of a computer, much to Klank's surprise.
After causing everything to go haywire, the Red and Yellow Ranger appear, and Mean Screen attacked them. He had the upper hand and then the Green, Blue, and Pink Rangers appeared. He copied their Zeo Laser Pistols, and was able to deflect them. He then ambushed the Rangers with his lightning and their own lasers, forcing the Rangers to flee to the Power Chamber. The Rangers tried to fight back, but he was too powerful and used his Computer Bombs to send the Rangers out of a building. The Rangers attempted to use theZeo Blaster. It too had no effect, and with no other option left, Zordon sent the Ranger the Defender Wheel which had been isolated from the rest of the Power Chamber grid. Mean Screen attempted to give it a virus, but much to his surprise, it did not work and he was then destroyed by the Defender Wheel, only for the dead Mean Screen to be a copy.
Mean Screen was then enlarged by Orbus. With the Zeo Megazord low on power from the virus, however, the Rangers felt that they were in trouble, but thanks to the Green Ranger's friend Raymond, they were able to neutralize Mean Screen's virus and restore the Zeo Megazord to full operating status. This allowed the Rangers to summon the Zeo Zords and form the Zeo Megazord to battle Mean Screen. He had the upper hand with his Computer Cords, but the Ranger were able to reverse the lightning back at him. They then used the Zeo Battle Helmets III and IV on the monster, destroying his screen and rendering him powerless. Mean Screen is then destroyed once and for all by the Zeo Megazord saber slash.
Mean Screen reappeared in Adam's dream.
Mean Screen acts very much like a computer worker. He loves to give a computer a virus and possesses a cruel sense of humor.
Powers and Abilities
- Virus Transfer: Mean Screen can give any weaponry a virus, causing them to become weaker.
- Self-Multiplication: Through unknown means, Mean Screen can multiply himself.
- Copy Technicians: Mean Screen possesses an ability to copy the enemies' powers and/or weapons and use it against them:
- Lightning Lasers: Mean Screen can fire green colored lightning-like energy lasers from his face similar to the ones fired from the Rangers' Zeo Blasters.
- Digital Transport: Mean Screen can travel through a computer.
- Invisible Shield: Mean Screen can also create an invisible shield to defend himself from attacks.
- Lightning Bolts: Mean Screen can fire blue-white colored lightning bolts from his hands.
- Head Lightning Blasts: Mean Screen can fire blue-white colored lightning blasts from the antenna on his head.
- Head Lightning Barrage: Mean Screen can conjure a barrage of green-white colored lightning from the antenna on his head.
- Lightning Vision: Mean Screen can fire green lightning bolts from his eyes.
- Computer Bomb: Mean Screen can unleash a computer bomb from his computer face.
to be added
to be added
- Computer Cords: Mean Screen has computer cords on his arms that can absorb information and cause computers to get viruses and electronic devices to go haywire. They can also be used to wrap the enemies similar to that of a rope.
- Lightning Effect: Mean Screen can also electrocute the cords with blue lightning to cause major harm to the enemy if they are tied up.
- Arm Blades: Mean Screen can equip himself with arm blades for an aid in combat. They are powerful enough to block the Zeo Blaster.
- Lightning Beams: Mean Screen can also fire green-white colored lightning beams from his arm blades.
Behind the Scenes
- Mean Screen is voiced by Karim Prince. (who is best known as Cestro in Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers) and had actually appeared just four episodes before in "Graduation Blues."
- At points, Mean Screen's voice is nearly identical to Cestro's but without the watery filter and pitch shift. The best example is when he grows and says, "Talk about an upgrade, so who's going to stop me now?", where there is no difference between the performances.
to be added
to be added
- In Ohranger, Mean Screen did not clone himself in Ohranger like it was implied he did here and the Defender Wheel actually defeated him which is why he was likely knocked out when Orbus grew him. The clone implication is created from recycled shots earlier on in the fight.
- In the episode "Fire in Your Tank," Mean Screen's body was later repainted silver and was modified with a tunic where it was combined with the silver-painted head of Cruel Chrome to form a monster that attended Divatox's boot camp.
to be added